Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[GRAM ORP] Kiss Kiss Fall in Love Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:12 pm
Sao Kasai
[games: Izumi/Jace(?) ]

That was her! She waved and walked over to Izumi as the guys were getting settled on stage. "You look great. I almost didn't recognize you. Your dress is so pretty!" She gushed at her friend. Citrine quieted down as the rules of the game were explained. This should be fun.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:50 am
[Lex, the game... ]

Ooh dear, it looked as if Zach was on his way to a nervous breakdown. He really wasn't the type to be put on the spot like this, specially for romantic questions. Lex shook his head and motioned his Misdreavus close. "Hey, darlin', why don't you keep Zach company till we finish this?" He questioned.

Nickle spun lightly, tipping upside down to blink luminous eyes at her trainer before giving a wide grin and a cheerful Mis! She could do this.

She floated over and hoovered near by, looking at the curled up, miserable scrap of humanity. "Misdreavus?" She questioned, reaching an appendage to lightly touch a knee. <>

"Zach! You are going to be fine!" Lex called and went to join the group behind the screen wall.

insidiousEnigma

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:05 am
[Game]

Shoyo moved to take a seat with a demeanor that suggested that maybe he wasn't entirely sure what the aim of the game was. So he was supposed to pick a winner? Theeenn he couldn't win himself? That was a little disappointing, although he supposed being drawn at first was 'winning' in its own way and there could very well be more games to come... hopefully ones that weren't played on a stage in front of a small crowd of people.

So questions, huh? From Zacharie's questions, it seemed that they were meant to be something to gauge preferences, although knowing that didn't make it much easier to come up with anything. He folded his arms and hummed in thought, temporarily distracted from his circumstances by the task at hand.

"Umm... Outside hitter, middle blocker, setter, libero: which position would you want to play?

"Is indoor or beach volleyball more fun?

"Asics, Mizuno, Adidas, or Nike?

"Aaand... Oh - when you're sick or injured and can't do the things you want to do, what do you do instead?!"

(The quality of his tone as he gave his final question made it seem very much, and not wrongfully so, like an earnest quandary that he wanted suggestions for rather than something he wanted to know about the respondees.)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:17 am
[Back/Game/Open]

Rory tucked the valentine inside the inner pocket of his suit jacket. "That's adorable."

"I suppose you're right." Once they were signed up and given numbers, he pinned his to his lapel and smoothed it out. Watching as three of the men were called up, Tambrey's comment rang true. So far, the only one who didn't seem nervous by the attention was KO, who Rory vaguely recognized from around base.  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:36 pm
[KO @ the game]

Okay this was definitely fun! Wherever it was headed he was certainly enjoying the ride. "Questions eh?" KO mused aloud, smiling and looking thoughtful for a moment until one of his fellow bachelors had... well, issues going on; he turned to Zacharie with a look of mild concern. "All this attention a bit much for you is it? Don't worry, you did fine!" It wouldn't do his image with all these lovely people any good to just ignore Zacharie and anyway, from what he knew of the kid he was pleasant enough.

Questions though!

"Alright, question one; what is your favourite car, and why?" A little generic perhaps but it was certainly a marker of good taste.
"You're taking somebody out for a first date and you don't know much about them, where do you take them?" Another indicator of taste? Perhaps.
"Which is better; fame or fortune and why?" An interesting insight into character.
"..." It was hard to be spontaneous with four questions. "Humm. Alright, and my final question is; why is a raven like a writing desk."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:08 pm
[Ballroom&Buffet - Mneme & Aoide: Open]

Mneme REALLY didn't want to be here. When the Sergeant had asked for volunteers to help the KSO keep an eye on things at the Valentine's Day dance, she'd even made a point of not putting her name forward. The woman sighed with exasperation as she approached the building, adjusting the pin on the back of her head keeping her dark hair in a cute little french bun. She paused outside the door and stood to the side, looking around at the small crowds of people gathered outside. No sign... Mneme bent down on one knee, leaving a small scuff mark on her long black skirt, and adjusted the holster hidden underneath on her thigh. If she was going to blackmail her into coming to this ridiculous event, she could at least have showed up on time... She stood with another long frustrated sigh and tugged at the top of her deep red blouse. It was tight fitting, following the rather athletic looking--based on the musculature of her arms, and the callouses on her hands--woman's curves. The top had three straps attached to the blouse, leading up to and wrapping around the neck, leaving her shoulders bare. A tall Loppuny wearing collars with red bow ties around his neck, wrists, and ankles, stood next to Mneme, looking about as happy about things as his trainer.

"HEEEEEEEY!" A voice boomed out over the crowd, drawing Mneme's attention. Moments later the woman was approached by another much larger woman. This female obviously lifted something very heavy multiple times a day. Possibly into her face, judging by the multitudes of scars that snaked across her face, and the brain damage that must have been the reason that she styled her hair the way she did. Her bright platinum blond hair was segmented into dreads, which were then styled to be standing up and swept slightly back, sort of like a funky bride of Frankenstein hair-do.

Aoide walked straight up to Mneme and wrapped her huge arms around the smaller woman, a huge grin plastered on her cracked face. "SUP Sis!?" The said loudly, holding the woman out at arm's length and looking her up and down. "Daaaaamn, girl." She clicked her tongue and whistled. Mneme's cheeks darkened. Aoide was dressed up for the event too, though she went a bit slinkier than her sister. She was wearing a tiny black dress that just barely covered her rather voluptuous bottom, and somehow managed to hold back all the glory that was the bosom of Aoide Tocci; It was assisted by a red leather vest that was zipped up half way. The thick muscular trunks that were Aoide's legs were bare, save for a pair of red leather buckled boots that ended right below her knees. Scars of various shapes and sizes littered the woman's arms and legs wherever skin was shown, though she didn't seem the least bit ashamed by them.

She was trailed by a Sylveon, wearing studded collars around each of his paws and neck matching the one around his trainer's neck.

"Hey Aoide..." Mneme droned out, her cheeks reddening at her sister's zealous compliments. She wished desperately that Aoide hadn't forced her to come... True, the other woman hadn't physically dragged Mneme along, but she might as well have. Earlier that week she'd recieved a phone call from her loving sister, stating that she was going to this Valentine's Day dance, and that Mneme should come along else she'd be there all by her lonesome. Aoide could NOT be at a KSO function unsupervised. She shouldn't have been at a KSO function period, but you'd have better luck trying to move a sleeping Snorlax than you would telling Aoide that she couldn't or shouldn't do something and have her listen. At least with Mneme as her chaperone she could keep an eye on and hopefully distract her sister should she become... Bored...

"Don't sound so happy to be here, chickie! C'mon! Its a party, yo!" Aoide draped an arm around Mneme's shoulders, pulling the woman along with her as she walked into the center and subsequently the ballroom.

"OH DAMN! Would'ja look at this!" Aoide exclaimed upon seeing the decorations, "This is some classy s**t!" She was an expert on class.

"Aoide..."

"What?" She gave her sister an incredulous look until she noticed something just past her head. "Hold up--They got snacks, yo." Aoide waved dismissively at Mneme. "Go find someones for us to dance with, I'm gonna shove food into my face." She walked past and away from Mneme.

Mneme stood there for a moment, slightly bewildered by how quickly her sister ditched her. She shouldn't have been surprised... But now here she was, standing in the middle of the room awkwardly, looking around and not knowing what to do.  

Sao Kasai

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:30 am
Gwennythe
[Ballroom - Eumelia]

"Heh, mysteries wrapped in enigmas by the sounds of it," Dith observed with a soft chuckle. "And it must be a err... costly move?" He frowned slightly and shook his head. "Not quite the right word, what I mean is that very few pokemon learn it naturally right? And they don't produce the TM for it anymore, I think it was really expensive or something? Not profitable." He'd gone looking for the move for Lovelace but met with no luck. "So," Dith gestured vaguely with his cup, "a difficult one to acquire I guess and I makes sense. I mean, moving your atoms around sounds a lot trickier than for say breathing fire. Dream Eater though, what have you found out about it? How does it hurt the pokemon it's used on? Some kind of mild brain trauma?" Psychic type moves were weird.

<> Viktor agreed as he cleaned some cream off his face. <> he added as an afterthought.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:11 am
TawnyAngel
[Ballroom - Eumelia]

"Most of my research subjects find their way to me via the university," Eumelia admitted with a sniff and a nod "and things would most certainly be easier with greater funding. I intend to obtain a pokémon capable of learning it through natural means at some point," she didn't bother to elaborate on how she'd either have to get a grant for /that/ or buy one out of her own pocket- she had no doubt to her less than stellar ability as a trainer; she wouldn't be catching one, she suspected, and so it certainly was not worth bringing up the 'how' "but for now my research is limited to those I have access to, and more theoretical endeavours. There is nothing diminishing about theory, of course, but I will admit that a greater accessibility would yield a more satisfying amount of verification."
She shrugged.
"I know nothing of commerce but I imagine you'd be correct. It's a technique that is not well understood, let alone the difficulty in replicating it. It is, perhaps, prone to faults more than most other moves might be. Some results, you can imagine, might turn out quite dangerous to living beings."

She paused, and tilted her head ever so slightly, considering her answer.
"I cannot speak to how it actually causes damage; I feel that may be more your field than mine, though I will concede that that sounds a plausible outcome. My own theory is that it induces a 'mild' state of shock within the dreaming pokémon. What I can tell you is that the 'aggressor' pokémon, the one using the move, seems to be able to read, and then manipulate, the electrical activity of the target's brain. Unlike an electric type, they're not manipulating true electricity, however, merely using it to influence their target's brain chemistry for the worse, and seemingly using what they 'see' to reverse the pattern within themselves, fortifying themselves. You may be aware of the brain-to-brain experiments in humans? I believe the 'aggressor' in a dream eater attack is capable of seeing detail, or information, beyond a simple phosphene as we might see, and thus use this detail to 'hack', if you will excuse the crude terminology, the mind of its opponent."

She smiled, almost regretfully, as she was forced to concede at the end of her explanation that; "Of course this is all theoretical, but based upon what I've been able to observe, I see very little other plausible explanation."

Celsius giggled.
<> She watched the humans for a moment and then nodded, pleased.
<>

"Oh. Uh." Eumelia was confronted with a strange electric type offering her... something. "Thank you?" She glanced at the thing she was given with an eyebrow twitching to raise with skepticism.
"Gimmicky." She stated, raising the object a little for Dith to see, but regarded the Raichu after all.
"Fascinating pokémon though. That tail is a thing to marvel at."

Celsius couldn't help herself but chime brightly toward the electric type.
<< Hello there! Do stay for some pastry if you've time!~>>  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:27 pm
[Peeps playing the game]

Answers for Kirk

Suiter 1

"I do not drive, but I have always found that luxury cars are more of my style, although who doesn't like a car that can burn up the road? Currently I've had my eyes on the Rolls-Royce Ghost Series II and the Jaguar F-type R. Both are for very different reasons. One is a luxury car, the other a sports car."

"There are many places one could take someone on a first date, but if I do not know much about them then I would be one for going to a local shopping center or outdoor market place in order to get a better. It helps to see what they like to buy, giving me a little better understanding into what they are like. Of course I wouldn't bring them to some run of the mill shopping area though. It has to be a upper class or really good place to go over all."

"Fortune is better for me personally. I am not one for wanting the spot light, and I have never been. It can be good from time to time, but mostly I just want to go about my life without any major interruptions. Besides, when one has a fortune, a small bit of fame won't be too far behind. That is exactly what I would like if I was to be famous, only a little bit. Do I have to say why I like money now? You can buy pretty much anything you want, like those cars I mentioned before."

"A raven is like a writing desk because Edgar Allen Poe wrote on both of them. That is a popular answer and the one I like personally. The one Lewis Carroll gave after he received letter after letter for an answer was as follows. 'Because it can produce a few notes, tho they are very flat; and it is nevar put with the wrong end in front.' Never was spelled N E V A R in the original answer he gave before people kept correcting it to N E V E R. If you switch nevar around, it is raven."

Suitor 2

My favorite is the FD RX7. Great handling, one of the best looking cars ever made, light weight, very mechanical and basic. All this with the rotary engine which I think is incredibly neat. The engine is so rev-happy. Also, something about "sequential turbos" just tickles me. Also driver-centric interior and the pop-up headlights. Also the FD has some really quality mods and a good following. I wish I could get my hands on one.

Dinner at a nice restaurant followed by dancing at one of the night clubs here in Camphoreon, I guess?

I'd prefer fortune; I don't like a lot of attention, and having extra money for hobbies would be really nice.

They both can produce a few notes?

Suitor 3

1) "Classic muscle. '69 Camero. It looks good and packs a lot of horsepower."
2) "Most likely dinner, a park, or a beach so we can get to know each other better."
3) "You never know who's got your back when you're famous but with a fortune, you can slip away...so fortune."
4) "Poe wrote on both."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:34 pm
Answers for Zacharie

Suitor 1

"What is your favorite pokemon and why?" Rapidash! They're beautiful creatures, fast and majestic, and can be very loyal and protective.

"What is your favorite flower?" Lily of the Valley, dainty and cute with a kick~

"What was your favorite subject in school?" English. I actually loved writing essays and reports for class, even when the other students complained.

"What's your favorite past time?" Horseback ridding, though reading is a close second.

Suitor 2

What is your favorite pokemon and why?" : Marill, because it's so cute.

"What is your favorite flower?" : Calendula, or Pot Marigold, because they're bright and pretty.

"What was your favorite subject in school?" : Science.

"What's your favorite past time?" : Reading if alone, or spending time with friends.

Suitor 3

"What is your favourite pokemon and why?" Ooh, I’ve never had a favorite, considering all we don’t know and all that we keep finding. I am rather fond of the Leavanny line though, they look like they have coat tails in their final evolution and knit.

"What is your favourite flower?" I have two and it always been between Dogwood flowers or Tiger lilies. Dogwood have such simple flowers, four petals, and are white and or pink. Tiger lilies, well they are showy aren’t they? Such bright vibrant colors.

"What was your favourite subject in school?" Art, always been art. I like colors, and hammering out something pretty out of something plain.

"What's your favourite past time?" As much as fortune telling is near and dear to my heart, probably pokemon grooming. There is just something soothing in brushing out a winter coat, specially before they shed all over your room.

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

wasluxy
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:01 pm
[ Games - Izumi ]

"Ok!" Jace smiled, turning to head towards the back where others were lining up. Something had caught his attention, though, and he'd been noticing it a lot whenever he was in social settings… "Haha, ya know, it seemed almost like you knew exactly what Max was saying. I've seen others do that too… Are people in Kodo really in-tune with their Pokemon? You haven't even had Max that long, right?" Subconciously, Jace's hand moved towards Butch's 'Ball again, though this time he was thinking about how he only kinda understood him, though they'd been together quite a while now…

Was there a secret he didn't know to Pokemon communication?

---

When they were joined by a bubbly girl addressing Izumi, Jace simply smiled politely at her and nodded in greeting.

---

Jace snickered as the contestants were brought up to the front, greatly entertained by the the two that looked terrified to be there. He had to admit to himself, though, that he was glad he wasn't called. Sure, he would have been able to be just as suave as the other one, the one with bright red hair, but still… Having the entire room's eyes on him? No thanks…  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:25 pm
Answers for Shoyo

Suitor 1

"Umm... Outside hitter, middle blocker, setter, libero: which position would you want to play? This is... vollyball right? I can't say I know a lot about it but I usually like to play offensive positions in sports so I'd probably pick whichever position does that the most. If I had to pick just based on the name though I'd choose libero, just because it sounds different to the others which interests me.

"Is indoor or beach volleyball more fun? I've always preferred outdoor team sports, rugby and football and that. I like the break from an indoor routine to be in the fresh air so I think I'd pick beach volleyball based on that. Indoor must be more predictable though and might be better for competitions so you don't get screwed over by wind, sunlight, attack of the Wingull and so on.

"Asics, Mizuno, Adidas, or Nike? I don't like Nike, I think as a brand they're kind of up themselves and overpriced. adidas have had a pretty bad rep recently for human rights crap of their workers so not them I guess. I'm not that familiar with Mizuno so I'd go Asics? I had some amazing rugby boots from them once, expensive though!

"Aaand... Oh - when you're sick or injured and can't do the things you want to do, what do you do instead?!" Oh, you get bored. You get so bored I can't begin to tell you. After that... Well you just find ways to occupy yourself, do stuff you always meant to do but didn't get around to like read all those books everyone say you have to read, or see that one movie franchise or TV show from beginning to end. You also spend a lot of time fantasising about what you're going to do when you're well again and thinking of how you can improve yourself when you get back to it; write out training regimes, watch other people playing sports and study their technique, read more into theory, that sort of thing. Oh, and keep in shape as much as you can too; if all you can do is go for walks, you go for walks because it's better than sitting on your arse all day.

Suitor 2

"Umm... Outside hitter, middle blocker, setter, libero: which position would you want to play?" Uh… What?

"Is indoor or beach volleyball more fun?" *snickers* Beach.

"Asics, Mizuno, Adidas, or Nike?" All Day I Dream About Se-ports?

"Aaand... Oh - when you're sick or injured and can't do the things you want to do, what do you do instead?!" Try like hell to do it anyway, and if all else fails I've got my Pokemon to asset me.

Suitor 3

“… I’m afraid I don’t really know what all those positions really do, unfortunately I never had any experience with Volleyball.
But!… I think I would be interested in learning more about the setter position; It sounds like it’s a support position and I like that”

“Being outside, especially on the beach is one of those outings I treat myself too from time to time. So I think I would have a lot of fun playing volleyball on the beach. Plus I imagine it would be easier for a bigger variety of Pokémon to join in too if you’re on an open beach.”

“I own a pair of Asics for running and other working out, and I really like them. They’re not heavy, and they provide great support.”

“Hmmm, that’s always rough… but I like to try and use that time as bonding time with my Pokémon and family- as much as I can anyway.
It’s healthy and relaxing to be around others that you’re really close to in times when you’re most vulnerable, It’s nice to read with everyone, or watch TV, talking… mostly sleeping, especially if I’m sick. Putting on the most comfy clothes you own and piling the pillows up as much as you can, drink lots of tea, listen to a lot of good music and hope that you don’t get anyone else sick too… humm… but yeah~ that’s about what I do.”

Suitor 4

Outside hitter, middle blocker, setter, libero: which position would you want to play?
Well, I would WANT to play setter, cause I'd feel the most important, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't play that position well. I'd likely do best as an outside hitter.

Is indoor or beach volleyball more fun?
Beach volleyball all the way.

Asics, Mizuno, Adidas, or Nike?
None of the above. If I'm going to shell out that kind of money for shoes, I'm going to pay for quality, and NOT the name brand. Besides, barefoot is best.

When you're sick or injured and can't do the things you want to do, what do you do instead?

I used to read or study when I couldn't go out and do stuff, but now I find I'm just as likely to sit and bond with my pokemon. Actually, I'm more likely to do that because it's fascinating talking to them.

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:42 pm
As the answers came in, Pyre read them off to the respective bachelors, keeping the identity of the individual a secret for now.
by the time he was finished he looked up to Kirk, Zacharie and Shoyo.

"Alright gentlemen, Now I want you to take a moment, to review the questions, and pick your date!"  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:49 am
[@ Game w/ Citrine & Jace]

"T-thanks..." Izumi blushed at Citrine's compliment. So far everyone was agreeing with Izaya that she looked nice at very least, but she still felt incredibly out of place. "Y-you look really cute, Citrine."

She turned to answer Jace's questions. It was pretty widely known that people in Kodo were able to talk to pokemon now, even though it took some getting used to... A lot of getting used to, actually. But Jace did live inside of a hill... It stood to reason that he didn't get a lot of news in there.

"Y-yeah, you could say that... I-I do know exactly what Max is saying. Um... A l-lot of people here in Kodo can talk to pokemon... Ever since that Egg of Arceus thing p-popped up..." Saying it out loud made it sound ridiculous. "I... Um... I can talk to bug types..." Still ridiculous. True, but, she wouldn't have believed it if she weren't experiencing it herself.

Sao Kasai

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:32 pm
[Game - KO chooses Suiter 2]

"Ahh, I choose my second suiter," KO said after some deliberation, he liked both the Rolls-Royce and the Jag but a non driver? No thank you. It was shallow but so was he, though he supposed with a non driver he wouldn't have to fight over getting to take the wheel! Still, no, and it wasn't as though he was actually going to date any of these people... presumably? Not that he'd object to winning a free meal somewhere even if it was with a stranger.

"What can I say?" KO continued with a grin and a smirk. "I'm swayed by people who talk engines to me, and you can't beat dinner and a club." Get to know one another over dinner and then get to know one another in the club, there was no hope for people who couldn't dance in his book.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff