Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Any cantonese speaking? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[J.C.]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:25 pm
yalie5
Vanilla_Soda
yalie5
no... is there a wet seal in England? lol wet seal has intresting clothes. there was this thing where i couldn't tell if it was a skirt or a shirt. o.O

Nope. Hahahaha the name sounds strange.

Have you ever been to england?

nope^^
yeah the name is strange but their clothes are really expensive. lol there's this store it's called hottopic. they have very funny pins and their website has very funny shirts.

isn't that like a gothic store, i'm not sure
cause when i look into that store i see all bunch of black stuff (like wallets, shirts, pants, and a LOT of other stuff xp )  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:12 pm
Kurama35
yalie5
Vanilla_Soda
yalie5
no... is there a wet seal in England? lol wet seal has intresting clothes. there was this thing where i couldn't tell if it was a skirt or a shirt. o.O

Nope. Hahahaha the name sounds strange.

Have you ever been to england?

nope^^
yeah the name is strange but their clothes are really expensive. lol there's this store it's called hottopic. they have very funny pins and their website has very funny shirts.

isn't that like a gothic store, i'm not sure
cause when i look into that store i see all bunch of black stuff (like wallets, shirts, pants, and a LOT of other stuff xp )

yeah it is basically but i like their t-shirt though i do think their over priced. xd  

yalie5

Syeori

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:38 am
i went hot topic when i was in america with my cousin  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:06 am
I'm Cantonese.. Well, half anyway.  

Ceres_CelestialMaiden

[J.C.]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:39 am
Ceres_CelestialMaiden
I'm Cantonese.. Well, half anyway.

what's the other half?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:25 pm
Kurama35
Ceres_CelestialMaiden
I''m Cantonese.. Well, half anyway.

what''s the other half?

hmm... half cantonese and half celestial? =P
@vanillasoda: haha. It''s a store more for teens than kids. my brother refuses to set foot inside. but he does anyway. to drag me out. XP  

yalie5

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:48 pm
yalie5
Kurama35
Ceres_CelestialMaiden

what''s the other half?

@vanillasoda: haha. It''s a store more for teens than kids. my brother refuses to set foot inside. but he does anyway. to drag me out. XP
I think her other half is English. cool  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:47 am
wiim
yalie5
Kurama35
Ceres_CelestialMaiden

what''s the other half?

Eurasion girl are so pretty. *jealousy*
Hehe hot topic is like a goth emo store isn't it?

Syeori

Yozoh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:54 pm
Vanilla_Soda
wiim
yalie5
Kurama35
Ceres_CelestialMaiden

what''s the other half?

So you think eurasian girls are pretty do you? Maybe it's because they are in right now. I dunno, sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't. I guess it just a matter of just the right combo.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:01 pm
Hara Tsubasa
Vanilla_Soda
wiim
yalie5
Kurama35
Ceres_CelestialMaiden

what''s the other half?

So you think eurasian girls are pretty do you? Maybe it's because they are in right now. I dunno, sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't. I guess it just a matter of just the right combo.
I don't think they're pretty 'cause there 'in' i've always thought they are pretty. =( It hard to explain, they just have a natural beauty.

Syeori

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:49 pm
I heard/found out/was told in recent years that Cantonese is merely a dialect full of slang. Being raised under roof of Cantonese, I still feel that it is a normal language like any other...But I have been noticing (through some analysing) many words and sounds in Cantonese that other Chinese dialects do not have and therefore cannot carry-over.
For those of you who grew up with a dialect besides Cantonese, do you really feel that it's full of slang?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:25 am
wiim
I heard/found out/was told in recent years that Cantonese is merely a dialect full of slang. Being raised under roof of Cantonese, I still feel that it is a normal language like any other...But I have been noticing (through some analysing) many words and sounds in Cantonese that other Chinese dialects do not have and therefore cannot carry-over.
For those of you who grew up with a dialect besides Cantonese, do you really feel that it''s full of slang?

yes.

Syeori

Yozoh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:51 am
wiim
For those of you who grew up with a dialect besides Cantonese, do you really feel that it's full of slang?
It's true. It is technically a dialect full of slangs. But isn't that what makes it unique? or maybe I just have too much pride. There are many slangs that cannot be translated, and that may be the challenge when having to write it down.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:51 am
wiim

I consider it a normal language.
Linda(She's a mandarin speaker) called it langauge of the hicks. X_X;

Quote:
Cantonese sounds quite different from Mandarin, mainly because it has a different set of syllables.

Quote:
There is another obvious difference between Cantonese and Mandarin. Mandarin lacks the syllable-final sound "m"; final "m" and final "n" in Cantonese have merged into "n" in Mandarin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantonese_Chinese  

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

paulatcha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:03 pm
Ooooh. Interesting. o.o I just thought of it as the hardest language to learn. xd  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games