Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
For those who Dislike Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate resident evil 4
  Yes
  No
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:55 pm
WhiteWarrior
Celestial Fox Frenzi
I laughed a bit throughout that whole little block-o-text ya had going there. Did ya notice that the more ya typed, the more stupid you became? Now, I don't mean to flame or what not but you seriously need to chill out and stop over-anaylzing things! A new genre was being tested, some thought it was good, some didn't. I personally thought it was a great game and it being on the Wii made it even better! You had more control! Sure, it doesn't follow the main survival blabber in the other games, but it was entertaining and that is what matters. The Wii is a great system for shooters by the way!

It's not about the Wii. It's about Resident Evil. And even if the gameplay was entertaining, the storyline still sucked, and the weapon upgrade + merchant system was stupid. Like, at what point does Survival Horror become Action/RPG? Next thing you know, RE5 will have Chris Leveling up and learning magic.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:07 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
WhiteWarrior
Celestial Fox Frenzi
I laughed a bit throughout that whole little block-o-text ya had going there. Did ya notice that the more ya typed, the more stupid you became? Now, I don't mean to flame or what not but you seriously need to chill out and stop over-anaylzing things! A new genre was being tested, some thought it was good, some didn't. I personally thought it was a great game and it being on the Wii made it even better! You had more control! Sure, it doesn't follow the main survival blabber in the other games, but it was entertaining and that is what matters. The Wii is a great system for shooters by the way!

It's not about the Wii. It's about Resident Evil. And even if the gameplay was entertaining, the storyline still sucked, and the weapon upgrade + merchant system was stupid. Like, at what point does Survival Horror become Action/RPG? Next thing you know, RE5 will have Chris Leveling up and learning magic.

My point exactly, they have to keep it true to Resident evil, not throw something in that's not necessarily true to the style. I mean, I like the games tone, freaky and monster tastic, but the style of gameoplay is just Bleh.  

Celestial Fox Frenzi

Lisa Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:31 am
Celestial Fox Frenzi
Biohazard EXTREME
WhiteWarrior
Celestial Fox Frenzi

My point exactly, they have to keep it true to Resident evil, not throw something in that's not necessarily true to the style. I mean, I like the games tone, freaky and monster tastic, but the style of gameoplay is just Bleh.

I guess the new gameplay was to appeal to more people and get more fans to the series. But what i have noticed are people playing RE4 and never playing any others. The RE games are an incredible experience and should not be missed. You always see these noobs around on the gaming forum saying how they love RE but then tell you that they have only played number 4. RE4 is not true resi and has very little in common with the other games.

Good on you Bio for kicking noob butt in the past  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:43 pm
I guess what we're all wondering is... What's more overrated? RE4 or Final Fantasy VII?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vankala

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:44 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
I guess what we're all wondering is... What's more overrated? RE4 or Final Fantasy VII?

RE4... stare  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:10 pm
Biohazard EXTREME

FINAL FANTASY VII IS NOT OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!
*Is a total Fanboy*
Ok, Lemme calm down.
RE4 is totally over rated...
FFVII just has an immense Fan base.
Theres a slight difference...
*Is so totally gonna get argued with*  

Celestial Fox Frenzi

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:01 pm
FFVII was a brilliant game. But it was released in 1997 and its impact should have been diminished by now. Since it hasn't, it's overrated... I mean, it's still better than all the other games that Square has put out, especially since the release of the PS2. But it's see how you're defending this 10 year old title? Even though Square has totally decided to bastardize the storyline by putting out garbage like Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus... Like... Because of those two titles, I can't enjoy the original game anymore.

But I do agree with you, RE4 is more overrated. FFVII on its own, was at least a kick a** title that didn't bastardize the franchise the way X, X-2, KH, KH2 and every game Square released since has...
But that's another thing... Yes, RE4 had a new gameplay system that was quite fun... But hell, Final Fantasy is the perfect example of why some things shouldn't change. Personally, I'll never play another FF game because they got rid of what I loved about FF games most: Turn-Based battle system and World Maps (And I'm not talking about the Remakes of the older games, but the new titles.)
And another thing, Final Fantasy storylines aren't connected. It's like... I can still enjoy FF 8 and not worry about them bringing in a stupid sequel that'll ruin it. Well, that's not true, I should worry, because they did it with VII, but point is, they PROBABLY won't be making sequels to FF 1-6, 8 and 9. So it's not like anything's gonna ruin them for me the way RE4 ruined the entire Resident Evil universe.

Okay, here's a better question: What's more overrated? RE4 or Kingdom Hearts?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:10 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
FFVII was a brilliant game. But it was released in 1997 and its impact should have been diminished by now. Since it hasn't, it's overrated... I mean, it's still better than all the other games that Square has put out, especially since the release of the PS2. But it's see how you're defending this 10 year old title? Even though Square has totally decided to bastardize the storyline by putting out garbage like Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus... Like... Because of those two titles, I can't enjoy the original game anymore.

But I do agree with you, RE4 is more overrated. FFVII on its own, was at least a kick a** title that didn't bastardize the franchise the way X, X-2, KH, KH2 and every game Square released since has...
But that's another thing... Yes, RE4 had a new gameplay system that was quite fun... But hell, Final Fantasy is the perfect example of why some things shouldn't change. Personally, I'll never play another FF game because they got rid of what I loved about FF games most: Turn-Based battle system and World Maps (And I'm not talking about the Remakes of the older games, but the new titles.)
And another thing, Final Fantasy storylines aren't connected. It's like... I can still enjoy FF 8 and not worry about them bringing in a stupid sequel that'll ruin it. Well, that's not true, I should worry, because they did it with VII, but point is, they PROBABLY won't be making sequels to FF 1-6, 8 and 9. So it's not like anything's gonna ruin them for me the way RE4 ruined the entire Resident Evil universe.

Okay, here's a better question: What's more overrated? RE4 or Kingdom Hearts?

That's a hard one....
They're both given WAY too much credit...  

Celestial Fox Frenzi

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:26 pm
Yeah, but I guess KH is more overrated... I mean, let's look at the facts. Majority of hardcore RE fans will acknowledge that Resident Evil 4 does not do justice to the series, to say the least. Many hate it...

But most hardcore Final Fantasy fans will be like, "OMG! Kingdom Hearts is teh godliness!!!!11!"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:42 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, but I guess KH is more overrated... I mean, let's look at the facts. Majority of hardcore RE fans will acknowledge that Resident Evil 4 does not do justice to the series, to say the least. Many hate it...

But most hardcore Final Fantasy fans will be like, "OMG! Kingdom Hearts is teh godliness!!!!11!"

I hate that...
Final Fantasy Was ******** sideways by Kingdom hearts, lots of people think that tghey know Final Fantasy just because they know Kingdom hearts...  

Celestial Fox Frenzi

Ivory Lie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:26 am
I myself am a Final Fantasy fan but i never liked Kingdom Hearts. The only things that are the same are some of the characters and the company that made it. Ok some of the magic too. Still they aren't even close to being one and the same thing. People need to understand that.

And as you said Biohazard Re4 doesn't give the series justice. I'm not saying i don't like it it's just not as good as the rest  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:04 pm
I have never played an FF game but i know Kingdom Hearts has disney characters in it.

What kid show could we combine with Resi that would make an kick a** game or TV show?

I would like to see Resident Evil combined with Sesame Street.

Elmo would make a great zombie heart  

Lisa Trevor

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:55 pm
Well, we could always combine Resident Evil with Lord of the Rings... No... Wait.. That won't work, we already have that. It's called Resient Evil 4.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:28 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, we could always combine Resident Evil with Lord of the Rings... No... Wait.. That won't work, we already have that. It's called Resient Evil 4.

XD!
I was thinking more of RE4 as a politcial came... You see, Bush seems to hate all the illegal immigrants coming in, so HE made re4 so he could get back at them in his own little way...
>>
<<

Celestial Fox Frenzi

Lisa Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:43 am
Celestial Fox Frenzi
Biohazard EXTREME

XD!
I was thinking more of RE4 as a politcial came... You see, Bush seems to hate all the illegal immigrants coming in, so HE made re4 so he could get back at them in his own little way...
>>
<<

So why wasnt he killing Mexicans then?  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games