Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Mittalmar - Original Archives
Guild Announcements - Updated in Dec. 2nd 2006 (IMPORTANT) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:26 pm
Serni has been accepted into the guild. smile

EDIT: I am also browsing through the subforum, looking for literates to invite.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:38 am
*pokes Longbow*

a new request!  

Thaxul

Onoj

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:29 pm
Menegil
I'm no bat!

Due to current family problems, the death of our neighbour, my Balrog-wanna-be modem (In simple words, my modem burned to ashes. Yay for little siblings...), and my obsession with my new laptop, Neverwinter Nights, and Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth (IT ROCKS!!), I regret to inform my fellow guild members that my ability to login in Gaia has dramatically weakened. I will try to "unocupy" myself as soon as possible.

Longbow UK, as my second in command, stays in charge of the new guild members' admittance.

I will also try to keep up with PMs and X-mas trades, so don't suspect a delayed reply/trade confirming.

Someone move this to the first post as announcement,
Yours Sincerely,

Menegil Belmagol

Notice given... now I must go. The laptop needs some fixing... *cracks knuckles, and gets to work*

Speaking of which you still haven't ok'd my christmas gift. Lol  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:00 pm
Am I an evil, evil Darth for not saying systematically approving of these requests like the rest of the mods?

Oh well.  

Falathrim

Thaxul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:00 am
yes, yes you are.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:40 am
Well, Darths are evil, evil people, so I guess I'm doing a good job.  

Falathrim

curumo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:45 am
But wouldn't it be more evil for you to post nasty things about each applicant and then cruelly reject each one, sending them reasons why they suck so that they cry in their beds at night knowing that you, as a representative of the guild, don't want them?

Or if you were really evil, you'd accept them without consulting anyone, and then ban them suddenly and without reason. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:16 pm
I'm evil, yes, but I do want to retain my position of power.

But if you insist... damn, no new join requests. Oh well.  

Falathrim

Onoj

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:44 pm
There are two new requests. Poetic license I say yes the other girl no. She prefers the movies over the books.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:51 pm
Onoj
There are two new requests. Poetic license I say yes the other girl no. She prefers the movies over the books.

I agree about Poetic License... as for ladyallisonqueen, I personally don't think it's fair to reject someone just because of an opinion. She has at least read the books and given them a chance, after all. sweatdrop

I'll wait and see what the other crew members think...  

Khorkalba

curumo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:03 pm
I say yes to the ladyallisonqueen (*snort* I read that as "All Is On"), but if we're going to be picky, I don't really want to accept the other person. She didn't really follow the form, but other than that, I don't really get a good vibe from her. [/lame] sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:13 pm
Longbow UK
Onoj

I agree about Poetic License... as for ladyallisonqueen, I personally don't think it's fair to reject someone just because of an opinion. She has at least read the books and given them a chance, after all. sweatdrop

But didn't we leave the LOTR subforum to get away from people like that?  

Onoj

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:42 pm
Onoj
Longbow UK
Onoj

But didn't we leave the LOTR subforum to get away from people like that?

From people who have both seen the movies and read the books, but still prefer the movies? neutral That's not why I left. I left to get away from the fangirls who only like LOTR for the actors in the movies and completely ignor the existance of the books. And I think it's clear from her request that she isn't like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:57 pm
Really, what are we worrying about? Because no one posts here but the main group anyhow. There is the main group that will always be and then there are the new members that post and are few. These few try to infiltrate our group, but it takes a while to accept them, and the ones who actually post are too few and scattered to form their own, secondary group.

So really, we may "accept" her into the guild, but can we truly accept these new applicants into our group? My guess is no. Not unless they prove themselves outside of the guild first somehow.  

curumo

Falathrim

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:01 pm
I have the perfect solution to this dilemna.

In my right hand I hold a quarter. curumo, heads or tails?  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games