Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:13 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, but I'm assuming Kendo didn't say, "Well, I better give them .45 caliber, just in case Zombies and Monsters should attack."

9mm is plenty good for killing human beings, and hell, I bet STARS aren't even supposed to bring in all their assignments dead. It's probably Wound. Arrest. Not Kill, Fill out Papers.

I can understand them not wanting to kill all of their assignments, but if they wanted to bring them in, why not just use a .22 pistol? I mean that'd still drop a guy if you go for the knees and arms. Hell, chances are if you missed even slightly with a 9mm it'd kill the suspect, while with a .22 you have a higher chance of missing any vital organ.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:12 pm
Vash Thompson
I can understand them not wanting to kill all of their assignments, but if they wanted to bring them in, why not just use a .22 pistol? I mean that'd still drop a guy if you go for the knees and arms. Hell, chances are if you missed even slightly with a 9mm it'd kill the suspect, while with a .22 you have a higher chance of missing any vital organ.
But then if the situation DOES turn extreme, I'm assuming they'd want to make it lethal. I mean, initially STARS were like the SWAT of Raccoon City. And if I were them, I wouldn't feel very safe carrying around a .22, but with a Beretta, I'd be relatively confident.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Tyr525

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:25 pm
Agreed. :3  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:44 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Vash Thompson
But then if the situation DOES turn extreme, I'm assuming they'd want to make it lethal. I mean, initially STARS were like the SWAT of Raccoon City. And if I were them, I wouldn't feel very safe carrying around a .22, but with a Beretta, I'd be relatively confident.

You have a point, but not every member of the STARS team used pistols. (But it's kind of funny. The people with the bigger weapons seem to die faster than the one's with Beretta's.) They used shotguns, and in a picture they were depicted with fully automatic weapons. Now you have to ask yourself, if they are packing that kind of heat (they were depicted with waht appeared to be the Steyr AUG and the MP5) why would they stick with the Beretta. They could easily take down a suspect, without killing him with a USP .40 or the S&W Sigma.
That brought us back to what we said earlier. They could have had Kendo modify a Sigma or a USP .40 to be better than what they truely are.
It makes no sense. Thus this will keep leading back to why they didn't use better pistols.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:12 am
Well... Barry had his own weapon, cause he's a gun nut... I think it mentioned something about that Assault shotgun being Richard's favorite weapon... So it was a personal thing... Besides, the STARS weren't all chosen based on how good they can shoot, it was other personal skills that made them stand out, like Rebecca being a damn genius, etc. So, I would assume not all of them were equally good at handling certain weapons, and if I were in charge of distributing weapns, I wouldn't give a .45 to someone who had minor weapons training, like Rebecca, and for all we know, Kenneth, etc. But they needed to have a standard sidearm that everyone gets, so they made it a Beretta 9mm.... Except Wesker, whose Beretta DID seem to be modified to a .45, at least it sounded much higher caliber.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:07 pm
HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!!!  

Javanomicron

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:43 pm
Well Bio, you seem to know about that subject. I can't really find anything else to say on it.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:55 pm
Vash Thompson
Well Bio, you seem to know about that subject. I can't really find anything else to say on it.
I'm just trying to justify why they used 9mm weapons.

On another note, I've been playing Resident Evil 3 for the PC, and I discovered that Capcom actually rerendered some backgrounds from their original 320x240 resolution. It's weird, because they did it for some, but not all, even sometimes you'll see a background where one part of is is perfectly clear and detailed, while another part of it is pixelated. Nevertheless, it gave me a chance to view certain things in better clarity. It's pretty cool.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:02 pm
I will add this though as the last part. If they wanted a gun that could take down a suspect, whether it be to kill or not, they could've went with a Glock 17. The Glock 17 can hold either 17, 19 or 31 9mm rounds, while the Beretta 92FS, using the exact same rounds, can only hold 15.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:05 pm
Well, if all were so simple, berettas wouldn't exist on this planet.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:49 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Vash Thompson
I'm just trying to justify why they used 9mm weapons.

On another note, I've been playing Resident Evil 3 for the PC, and I discovered that Capcom actually rerendered some backgrounds from their original 320x240 resolution. It's weird, because they did it for some, but not all, even sometimes you'll see a background where one part of is is perfectly clear and detailed, while another part of it is pixelated. Nevertheless, it gave me a chance to view certain things in better clarity. It's pretty cool.

Oh do share...I haven't been able to play the PC version.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:58 am
I just had the weirdest dream last night. Okay, I put some RE game into my N64 ("some RE game" being one with a title that wasn't existent and I can't remember it). I started playing, and realized that it had Leon in it... in just under RE4 graphics. >_>; It was fixed camera, but then over-the-shoulder when he opened a door, and first-person when he aimed and fired. The backgrounds were definitely N64 graphics though. xd So he's walking through this place (think something like the R.P.D., only.. not. I think it was the RE 1.5 areas. o_o; ) So like, he's opening a door, but a zombie wakes up behind him. He spins around, and aims (remember, first-person. XD) The crosshair is right at his forehead, and he fires. Sexy head-shot makes him die.

That's all I can remember, I know there was more. xd  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:21 am
MM-212 Beta
Oh do share...I haven't been able to play the PC version.

Well, if you look in the MystREs section, I posted a pic of Jill in the bar, and if you look at the background, it's nicely rendered in 640 by 480, which would not be so in the PSX version. The odd thing is that not all background WERE re-rendered and some of them were only half rerendered, like I'm playing in a nicely re-rendered background with a pixelated lamp post in it, or a nicely rerendered bottom of a background with a pixelated upper part of it. It's weird. Still, it's cool, cause I can make out much more of those signs, and read them.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:48 pm
I just initiated the most interesting conversation with Carlos while playing RE3. Something I never heard before... When he administers the vaccine to Jill, usually it goes like:
C: Jill, Are you okay?
J: Yeah...
C: No way! That monster just doesn't give up!
J: What? I thought we killed that thing!
C: No, It's been waiting for you...
J: He's playing with us... Carlos, do you think he's unstoppable?
C: No, I don't think so... Jill, I'm sorry, but I gotta take care of a few things... Oh and.. Bad news... Nicholai is still alive...
J: Nicholai? Are you sure?
C: Yes... I don't know how, but I do know that he is our enemy... Remeber, don't trust him...

And that's how it went for the past 7 years I've been playing this game.

Now, this time it went like...

C: Jill, are you okay?
J: Yeah... What happened to you?
C: I just fought with that monster... Oh and.. Bad news, Nicholai is still alive...
J: Nicholai... What is he after?
C: I don't know, but I do know that he's our enemy... Jill, I'm sorry, but I gotta take care of a few things, I promise we'll meet up later...

Something along those lines...

Now, I'm not sure how I did it, but here's a list of things I did:

1. Met Carlos in the Newspaper Office
2. Met Nicholai in Gas Station/Carlos in the other place
3. Jumped out the window in the train car
4. In the hospital witnessed the scene with Tyrell alone, without Nicholai (Went to B3F before going to 4F)
5. Defeated Nemesis with Carlos when he jumped out of the wall in the main hall in the clock tower

So if you make sure to do those things, I'm pretty sure it'll happen. I don't know how many of those things actually affect this cinematic, but I'm pretty sure the last one does for sure.

It's nice to see that there's STILL new stuff to discover in RE3.

By the way, playing this game back in the day, I remember there were two different variations of the conversation with Brad.

I just remember that in the one that I've been seeing most of is "The police aren't trained for this kind of situation. What could they do?"
Whereas I clearly remember him saying, "The police aren't trained for this kind of situation... What could anyone do!?"
I don't know how to get that variation, but I'm positive that I didn't make it up.  

Biohazard EXTREME

La Duchesse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:45 am
Ok, maybe someone will be able to enlighten me. Is it true that Capcom lost money with RE 0 and REmake? And that's why they put RE 4 on the PS2 also?  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games