Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
Platform 9¾ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:24 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawFifth YearFifteen Years OldSingleRavenclaw PrefectQuidditch Vice-CaptainCulinary Club Captain

Linsey was so looking forward to going home for the holidays. As much as she loved being at school, the chance to be home with her family was to be savoured. It wouldn’t be long before she’d be baking cookies with Grammy Grey, her mother, and whoever else was at hand for the annual tradition. It also meant she’d be singing in the church choir along with her non-Wizarding friends who were there during the school year. There would be Midnight Mass and the big Christmas party with the extended family and friends afterwards.

Rather than have her godmother, or her dad meet her in Hogsmeade to go from there, Linsey volunteered to help out with Prefect duties on the train ride back to London. The plan was for her to meet with Aunt Lynn (her godmother) at the Leaky Cauldron for dinner, and they’d Apparate home from there. Though she kept an eye out for rules-breaking and the like, she chose to act in the role of big sister more than anything else. Her companion, Blannat accompanied her on the trip, as she was scarcely likely to simply leave him behind in the castle, though he stayed in their compartment, stretched out on the floor snoozing.

Linsey was dressed for the holidays, wearing a long, cinnamon-coloured corduroy pinafore dress over a white roll-neck sweater, white hose, and a pair of sensible walking shoes, her long silvery-white was brushed back and allowed to hang loose, with a black Alice band, while a long candy-cane striped scarf was wrapped about her neck, the ends of which descended to her waist. It was a fun, whimsical outfit, matching the Fifth Year’s mood.

When the train pulled into the station, and the students started to disembark, Linsey hung back to make certain everyone got off the train, and she was one of the last to step down onto the platform. Blannat was with her, connected to his mistress by a leash on a reel at her waist. The Ravenclaw Prefect was keeping careful watch, seeing her charges safely off the train and greeted by families, or at least as well as she could. She was about to start taking her own leave, when Blannat gave a distinct ‘woof’ and started to tug on the lead.

What’s the matter, Blannat?” she asked her canine companion, and she saw him pointing in a particular direction. Looking over, she immediately spotted Llewella coming around a corner. ‘I didn’t even know she was on the train. Was she hiding or something?’ was the thought running through Linsey’s head, until she saw the scared look in the younger girl’s brown eyes.

Ella!” she called out to her friend, and she immediately rushed towards her. The big wolfhound easily loped along with his mistress, galloping almost like a small pony across the tiled floor. They quickly got over to where the little First Year was, and Linsey asked her, in a more conversational, urgent tone, “Ella … Ella, are you okay? You’re not hurt, are you? What’s going on? What happened?” As Linsey spoke, Blannat gave the scared girl a look with his big brown puppy dog eyes and whined empathetically.

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
                  "All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way

I lie awake for hours, I'm just waiting for the sun
                  When the journey we are making has begun
                  Don't deny the feeling that is stealing through your heart
                  Every happy ending needs to have a start

All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way "

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:47 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Platform 9¾
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Seb, Ms Kinzlie, and Mrs Nora
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Winter Break
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I don't want to be back

Declan was appreciative for the hug from Mrs Nora and Ms Kinzlie, but he still preferred to be back at Hogwarts. Sure, he loved his parents, but they weren't the warm and loving type, even at the holidays. And with the recent lack of contact from them... well he knew what he was going to be walking into. He was deep in his thoughts when a loud woof distracted him from his thoughts. The blond boy blinked a couple times, then looked around and spotted Blannat, Ms Linsey's big Irish wolfhound. Linsey was walking over to Llewella and the girl looked shaken. Declan watched them for a moment, then said, "Mrs Nora, you might want to go check on her. That's Llewella Eynon. She's in our year. And she doesn't look alright." He was concerned for her because he saw a lot of himself in her as well. He hadn't really gotten much time to talk to her, but he knew from their few interactions thus far that there was something that bothered her. Declan had been trying to encounter her alone so that they could talk, because he believed that she feared large encounters and the outwardly social in general.

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Wᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏ? Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴛᴇᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ
          Mᴀᴋᴇ ᴀɴ ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʟʟ sɪɴɢ ᴜs ᴀ sᴏɴɢ, ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs
          Lᴀᴜɢʜɪɴɢ 'ᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs. Eᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇs ʜᴀs ᴀ ʜᴇᴀᴠʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Oʜ, Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴏ̨ᴜɪᴛᴇ ᴀs ɪᴛ sᴇᴇᴍs, Nᴏᴛ sᴜʀᴇ ɪғ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
          Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢ sᴜʀᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛ, ɪs ᴛʜᴇ sᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie

Quote:

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:09 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx❧ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Platform 9¾
xxx❧ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Currently Ella, Linsey, and a huge wolfhound
xxxx❧ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? xxx
xxxxx❧ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? xxx

Nora was very glad to see the kids, especially since Sebastian and Kinzlie seemed so, so terribly excited. One of the kids, however, seemed a little distracted. Nora knew Declan's family wasn't entirely close, but hopefully she could make his holidays a bit more merry. Somewhere on the platform, a dog barked, but Nora couldn't see anything from her vantage. It wasn't until Declan called out one of their classmates, saying the girl didn't look alright. "Eynon..." She spoke softly, remembering the name from the list of international traveling students. She was certain the Platform Floos could reach globally, but something may have gone awry. "Thank you, Declan. I'll go check in with her."

Nora started on her way, flicking her wand and summoning a small, silver hummingbird. "Nani, I may need you to get Kinzlie and the boys home. Platform. Explain later." As she finished her message, Nora walked faster, coming to a stop beside the first year and Prefect Linsey Grey-Cavendish. She looked around, wondering what must have gone wrong. "My name is Nora Heulwen, I'm one of the Hogwarts Governors. What happened? How can I help?" Her tones were worried, but she held out the little ID card given by the school to prove her rank. Otherwise, she was just a weird old lady. Pale green eyes glanced warily over at the hound for a second, before returning to the brunette.

{{Wearing :: Kinzlie :: Nora :: Sebastian}}
{Kinzlie - #B19CD9}{Sebastian - #FF9966}{Nora - #8DB600}{Nani - #61B329}
AliceInWonderland0921

Graydon Ironshield

I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ᴠᴇ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴀᴅ, ᴡɪᴅᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ sᴄᴀʀs ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ
Bᴀʙʏ, ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ sᴛʀᴀɪɢʜᴛᴇɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ʙᴏɴᴇs. Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛs ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ
Aɴᴅ ᴏʜ, ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ I sᴇᴇ ᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ, Tʜᴇ ᴍɪssɪɴɢ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ғɪᴛ ɪɴ
Tʜᴇ sʜᴀᴛᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ʜᴜɴɢʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ʜᴏᴍᴇ. Nᴏ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ. I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴏɴᴇs
Yᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅʀɪᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀᴅʟɪɢʜᴛs ᴏғғ. Iᴛ's ᴀ ᴘᴏᴄᴋᴇᴛ ᴋɴɪғᴇ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ɢɪғᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ Gᴏᴅ
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴏғ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴋᴇᴘᴛ. I ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀɴᴄʜᴏʀ sʟᴏᴡʟʏ, sᴛᴇᴘ ʙʏ sᴛᴇᴘ
Aɴᴅ ᴏʜ, ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ I sᴇᴇ ᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪssɪɴɢ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ғɪᴛ ɪɴ
Tʜᴇ sʜᴀᴛᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ʜᴜɴɢʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ʜᴏᴍᴇ. Nᴏ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ, I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴏɴᴇs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:22 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Linsey, Governess Nora
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Trying to find a plan
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? What do I do?

Llewella searched blankly around, hoping and praying that the whole thing was some sort of cruel prank. It wasn't like her brothers hadn't tricked her before... and worse! She wiped her eyes on her overlong sweater sleeve, breath hitching as she tried to find anyone that might be able to help. Almost as if on cue, a familiar person showed up beside her. Ella blinked a few more times, silent sobs shaking her petite frame. Linsey had her big dog, but he seemed more worried than jumpy today.

Linsey asked if Ella was hurt, and the brunette slowly shook her head. It wasn't a physical hurt, at least. "I... they... they're gone....?" Her quiet words betrayed her fear and confusion, along with bringing a few more tears to her eyes. Another lady walked over, this one not someone Ella knew. She introduced herself as a governess, but Ella didn't know what that meant. She glanced down, looking at the letter in hand. "My... family. I-I used the Floo home to Romania... but... they're gone?" Her words faded even softer, intermingled by quiet sobs.

"Oh my goodness, oh dear. Well, don't you panic, we're going to get you all taken care of. Your name's Llewella Eynon, right?" The woman asked, but Ella could only nod once. Her head tilted down and her eyes squeezed shut, feeling the eyes of all the people on the platform staring at her. She wanted to run away and hide somewhere, but honestly... where could she even go? Tears rolled down, occasionally dripping down to the stone floor.

{{Wearing :: Magically Warmed Clothes}}
          {{Ella - #5B92E5}}{{Nora = #8DB600}}
          Graydon Ironshield

AliceInWonderland0921

Aɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ɢʀᴏᴡɴ ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜɪs ɴᴏᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙʟᴀᴍᴇ
          Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇᴍ sᴏ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs, ʙᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛɪʟʟ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ
          As ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ sʜɪɴᴇᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ʜɪs ʟᴀᴢʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʜᴇʟʟ
          I ᴡɪsʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ, sᴛɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ɪᴍᴘʀᴇss ʜɪᴍ ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʜᴇ ᴄʀᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs?
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴᴛ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ
          Hᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʜɪs ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ
          Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴇɪɴs ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ʜɪs ɴᴀᴍᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴs ᴛʜɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ. Iᴛ ᴡᴀs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:55 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Platform 9¾
xxx Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Kinzlie, Sebastian, Declan, Mom & Others
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Not Quite Sure...
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I think I spoiled a surprise...

Nani had been half-asleep on the couch when a silvery light awoke her. From the little hummingbird came her mother's voice, requesting assistance on the platform. Nani quickly pushed off the couch, gently kissing her son on the head, then her wife on the lips before shoving her ice cream sock clad feet into her boots and apparating away. Once on the platform, she had a twofold job. First, figure out where Kinzlie and the boys were. Second, to figure out what was going on with mom. Green eyes flicked rapidly, using her sharp vision to locate Kinzlie.

She hurried over, wincing in a bit of pain as she did. "Kinz, what's up? Where's mom?" Nani asked, looking over when Kinzlie pointed. "There was something going on with that girl there. I think she summoned you to get us home. It'll just be back to our place." The younger woman looked a bit upset, glancing between her mom and Kinzlie. After a deep breath, Nani turned to face the boys. "You must be Sebastian, and you, Declan?" She pointed at the incorrect boys, earning a laugh and head-shake from the one with dark blue hair. "Right right, so you're Sebastian, and you are Declan. I'm Nani. Nora's my mom. She asked me to get you guys back to Diagon Alley." Nani sent over a grin, despite her exhaustion from the previous night's full moon.

"Wait... I thought we were going back to our flat? Why are we going to Diagon Alley?"

{{Wearing :: Comfy Sweater}}
AliceInWonderland0921

Wʜᴇɴ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇss ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴜᴘᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪᴛʜ ғᴇᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ sʜᴀᴍᴇ
Bᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴀɴᴅ I ᴡɪʟʟ sᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɴᴀᴍᴇ
Iғ ᴛᴇʀʀᴏʀ ғᴀʟʟs ᴜᴘᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴇᴅ, ᴀɴᴅ sʟᴇᴇᴘ ɴᴏ ʟᴏɴɢᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs
Rᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅs I sᴀɪᴅ "Bᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ, ʙᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴋɴᴏᴡ"
Aɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴀʟʟᴇʏ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪʟʟ
Iғ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ, ʙᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ, ʙᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ, ʙᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ
Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ, ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ
Iғ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ɪs sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ ʙᴇsɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜ... Bᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴋɴᴏᴡ I ᴀᴍ

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:54 am
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawFifth YearFifteen Years OldSingleRavenclaw PrefectQuidditch Vice-CaptainCulinary Club Captain

Linsey was immediately relieved Ella wasn’t physically injured. Being off school grounds, and not being allowed to cast her magic, even if she did put up high marks in her Healing Arts class, she’d have been down to her wits and the contents of the first aid kit she kept in her bag. She pulled the First Year into her embrace, while Blannat laid his head upon Ella’s thin shoulder, and continued to whine in sympathy. “Okay, Ella, what do you mean by …’they’re gone?” she asked the younger girl gently, as she started scanning the area of the platform for possible trouble. “Who’s gone, Ella?”

A moment later, she saw an older lady with long red hair approach, who produced an ID card, and explained she was a Hogwarts Governor. With that, Linsey stood up a bit straighter and smarter, and explained in a respectful tone, “I’m Linsey Grey-Cavendish, ma’am. Ravenclaw Prefect. Ella’s in my Culinary Club at school, and, she’s my friend. I was on duty on the train. We just found Ella coming around a corner, saying ‘they’re gone.” She gestured to indicate that the ‘we’ was referencing her and Blannat. All of a sudden, Linsey was really glad she’d used a magnetic clip on her prefect’s badge so she could attach it without damaging her clothes; she hadn’t expected to be representing her school and her House in such a situation as this.

She caught sight of Seb and Declan, and somebody else she wasn’t familiar with, and Linsey gave them a wave to know she’d seen them, even if they were too distant to speak to without a lot of yelling. She also saw a younger red-haired woman appear near where the kids were, and start talking with them. Focusing her attention upon her friend, she heard Ella say that it was her family that was gone. “Gone, how, Ella?”she asked, as all manners of ‘gone’, flitted through the Fifth Year’s mind, each more dire than the previous, although seeing the letter in Ella’s hands, she deduced that most of the more gruesome fates could likely be eliminated as sheer rubbish. Seeing Ella was crying, Blannat made a sound in the back of his throat, and he gently laid a massive forepaw upon her small hand, while he wordlessly offered to lick away her tears.

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

AliceInWonderland0921

User Image

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:20 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx❧ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Trying to sus out answers
xxxxx❧ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Oh, poor dear...

Nora crouched down a bit, since this dear girl was very small. Almost as little as Nani had been at that age, though Nani hadn't ever looked so... underfed. Linsey seemed to be asking questions already, but from what Nora could tell, the responses weren't particularly helpful. After introducing herself, Linsey responded in kind, offering not only her own credentials, but noting how she knew Llewella... Ella. "Oh yes, dear Linsey, I knew of your prefecture, and I'm glad Ella here has a friend here. So she's saying 'they're gone'?"

Green eyes noticed the letter in the girl's small hand, and wondered just how in depth this went. The letter didn't look like an official statement from any of the international ministries, so perhaps it was a more personal letter. "Llewella, they... they didn't perish, did they. Did they... leave?" By this point in her career, Nora had seen all types of families, and her volunteer work at Wool's proved several types of families breaking up. At her words, the brunette nodded, a sob shaking her little form. If they had indeed left, Nora was sure she'd be talking with Wool's... and MCPS as well.

Graydon Ironshield

Bᴀʙʏ, ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ sᴛʀᴀɪɢʜᴛᴇɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ʙᴏɴᴇs. Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛs ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ
Aɴᴅ ᴏʜ, ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ I sᴇᴇ ᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ, Tʜᴇ ᴍɪssɪɴɢ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ғɪᴛ ɪɴ
Tʜᴇ sʜᴀᴛᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ʜᴜɴɢʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ʜᴏᴍᴇ. Nᴏ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ. I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴏɴᴇs
Yᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅʀɪᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀᴅʟɪɢʜᴛs ᴏғғ. Iᴛ's ᴀ ᴘᴏᴄᴋᴇᴛ ᴋɴɪғᴇ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ɢɪғᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ Gᴏᴅ
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴏғ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴋᴇᴘᴛ. I ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀɴᴄʜᴏʀ sʟᴏᴡʟʏ, sᴛᴇᴘ ʙʏ sᴛᴇᴘ
Aɴᴅ ᴏʜ, ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ I sᴇᴇ ᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪssɪɴɢ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ғɪᴛ ɪɴ
Tʜᴇ sʜᴀᴛᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ʜᴜɴɢʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ʜᴏᴍᴇ. Nᴏ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ, I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴏɴᴇs

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:32 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Hiding behind this giant dog

Llewella sank down a bit when Linsey wrapped arms around her. She accepted the little amount of comfort it provided, before the question was asked again. They were gone... who... Another sob, and she was grateful for the distraction. The two others spoke of titles and clubs, before Linsey added depth to what happened. One of Ella's hands curled up to pull at her hair, the stress overwhelming her little form. Linsey asked her again who had gone, and Ella took a deep breath before offering what she could. "My parents... brothers... they..."

Her words faltered as she cried, trying to wipe her eyes on her sleeves. It was then that the adult, Nora, tried to get more information. "N-no... they're not passed... they just..." She shook, then slumped over a bit, her head resting on the soft head of the big dog. Normally, she was scared of him, but today, she needed the comfort. "They didn't want me anymore...." Her fingers unfurled, holding out the handwritten letter. Ella's mind was swimming, being so lost and afraid. Her family wasn't great, but at least they kept her housed and clothed!

Graydon Ironshield

As ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ sʜɪɴᴇᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ʜɪs ʟᴀᴢʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʜᴇʟʟ
          I ᴡɪsʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ, sᴛɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ɪᴍᴘʀᴇss ʜɪᴍ ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ. Iᴛ ᴡᴀs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:08 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish

Linsey felt a swell of pride rush through her, that one of the governors of the school even knew of her was impressive, but any positive feelings she had was leavened with the thrill of horror she was feeling for her friend. ‘It would have been kinder for Ella if they had passed. Compared to this, dead is forgivable.’ She could barely wrap her mind around the idea that Ella’s family simply picked up and moved, leaving her to fend for herself. When Ella opened up the letter, Linsey scanned the neatly written lines contained therein, and her jaw tightened, and a wash of indignation welled up like an approaching storm.

How dare they,” Linsey said, in a voice barely above a whisper, before adding, in a somewhat louder tone, knowing there’d be penance to be done for saying so, “How…dare…they! Devil can take the lot of them, all of them, every man-jack of ‘em. What kind of bodachs do things like this? Ella, I’m staying with you until I’m certain you’re going to be okay.” She pulled the little First Year a bit closer to her, noticing, not for the first time how small and frail she seemed, causing Linsey to wonder what other travails Ella had endured at the hands of her family.

After a moment, Linsey piped up with, “Hmmm, Ella, Madam Governor, I’ve got an idea. My aunt’s waiting for Blannat and I at the Leaky Cauldron; if we’re not there soon, she’ll come find us. She’s a Senior Cursebreaker at Gringotts, if nobody else does, she’ll know how to sort this stuff out. More to the point, she can send a message to my folks, since we’re off school grounds. If I explain to my parents that I have a friend who’s at loose ends and has nowhere to spend the holidays, you could stay with us, Ella. We have a guest room, and that’s assuming Mom doesn’t just smarten up the extra bed in my room. It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve had a friend sleep over, and that’s basically what we’d be doing here. Maybe this way, we’ll have a couple weeks to figure out how to put this to right. What do you think, Ella?”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:38 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx❧ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Trying to sus out answers
xxxxx❧ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Oh, poor dear...

Nora took hold of the letter after Linsey had, reading over the words. Linsey was in an angry huff, so Nora gently put her hand on the blonde's arm. "Linsey, please. Try to reign in your temper. I understand it's a frustrating time, but we need to keep our heads. Take a deep breath. We'll get this all figured out." She gently brushed Ella's hair behind her ear, a pang of worry for the girl. Ella wiped her eyes on her sleeve, before subtly pulling her hair down to shield herself once more.

Linsey spoke up again, mentioning her aunt being a senior cursebreaker, and that the woman would know what to do. She also said that her mom would happily agree to having Ella over for the winter, which Nora felt would be greatly appreciated. "Well, dear Linsey, as much as I'm glad of your confidence in your aunt, this one is for me. My whole job is to help students with whatever they may need. In this case, we'll reach out to the Ministry's MCPS team, then work on getting permanent lodging set up. Most likely, it'll be at Wool's, but if I can find other options, I'll do my best. But... if you are able to keep her for a few days over winter holidays, we can look at that too."

Soft green eyes looked between the girls, noticing Ella seeming to shrink even further. Nora had a feeling that if she were able, Ella would entirely disappear. She knew there would be options, but the most likely ones now would be to get emergency lodging with Wool's or return to Hogwarts for the break, then move to Wool's over summer break. But if Linsey's family wouldn't mind taking her in... well, it'd be a good way to keep her safe and somewhere they could reach her if the Ministry had needs.

"What do you think, Llewella? If Linsey is fine inviting you over, I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem. Otherwise, we can get you back to school to stay the remaining days. Our third option would be to call ahead to the orphanage to have them prepare a bed for you. We'll need to reach out to the Ministry, and they'll try locating your family so appropriate action can be taken." She sighed softly, noticing the girl glancing frantically around in search for answers.

"And Linsey, what's your aunt's name? I can send a patronus to let her know we could use a hand."

Graydon Ironshield

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:50 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Hiding behind this giant dog

Llewella jumped a bit, stepping a few inches away when Linsey started her angry whispers. Her voice got louder, and Ella shrank even further. Ella had always been around so much anger, this felt like a painful reminder of home. It didn't last long, though, before Linsey simply pulled her closer. The older woman moved her hair out of the way, though the brunette quickly pulled it back down, feeling the need for whatever sort of coverage she could get. The others were discussing options, discussing people they could call upon, and Ella simply felt like a burden. All she had to do was get back to the school... or heck, hunker down in Romania alone for two weeks. She could've made it, probably.

Linsey said she had an extra bed, and Ella peeked up at her. The other options were the school, where Ella probably should have stayed... or an orphanage. That thought hurt, and she didn't want to be considered an orphan. Then again, it was painfully clear that she didn't have family to live with. Nora gave her an option, a choice in where to go. Dark eyes flicked up at Linsey again, though she didn't want to intrude. "I... I don't want to be alone... but I don't want to go back to the school..." A small sob shook her thin form. Her eyes were rimmed red but tears weren't wanting to come through. "I-I don't wanna intrude either, Linsey..."

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:37 am
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish

Venting a measure of her outrage took the wind figuratively from Linsey’s sails, and she closed her eyes as she felt the tears forming as Nora laid a hand upon her arm. Drawing a long deep breath, allowing the storm to subside, she said in a much more sedate tone, “Forgive me, I don’t normally say such things; I’m certain my priest will have a few things to say on the subject. That outburst was likely worth at least a Hail Mary or three and a Mea Culpa. One of my uncles runs a wolfhound rescue service, he takes in wolfhounds who got to be more than their families could handle, abused and mistreated, that sort of thing. I’ve seen some of the poor souls he’s taken in, and I can’t understand why there are folk who can do such things to anything or anyone. They abandoned Ella like a dog by the side of a road.”

Linsey couldn’t help but smile slightly and chuckle inwardly at her notion that her aunt would know best how to handle this, even over and above a school governor, whose literal job was to see to the health, safety and wellbeing of the students. It was ridiculous on the face of it, but it also spoke to the faith she had in her Aunt Lynn and her ability to cope with almost anything. “If time and breathing space is what you need, so you can help Ella, I’ll do whatever I can to give it to you,” said Linsey, in an assuring tone. “And, my aunt’s name is Selina Grey.”

Hearing Ella’s sob was heart-rending, and Linsey heard what her friend had to say, and she appreciated hearing her say how much she didn’t want to be alone or a burden. She was imagining Ella hiding out somewhere in the school until classes started up again. “You wouldn’t be a burden; you’re my friend, and I want to help. Think of it as an extended sleepover, if you like. I don’t want for you to be alone right now, and certainly not over the holidays; you don’t deserve that.”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:39 am
User ImageUser Image
xxxx❧ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Preparing for a long night
xxxxx❧ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? This is going to be a mess.

Nora pulled out a specific set of notes from her bag and started to write everything down in her intricate script. Linsey apologized, and Nora noticed a certain set of brown eyes looking at her in concern. "I'm sure you'll be forgiven, Linsey. Some things happen in the heat of battle, even for those chosen." She knew her next stop would be back to her office, then two doors left to the MCPS admin office. At least her office had a comfortable couch and plenty of warm blankets... and a few stuffies. Basically, a cozy paradise. Linsey continued, noting that she'd seen abused dogs treated better and the analogy seemed to stick. At least for Llewella, who seemed to stumble back like she'd been punched in the heart.

Llewella was trying her best to figure out her plan, and it seemed to be tearing her apart. "Ah, Miss Grey. A lovely woman. Allow me." She twirled her wand, another few silvery hummingbirds flitting around before she passed along a message and sent them away. Linsey was trying her best to invite Llewella over, though the younger girl seemed paralyzed by the options. Nora knelt down, trying to help the brunette steady her breathing before she passed out and needed an escort to the hospital as well.

"Llewella, dear, try to breathe, okay? We're going to get everything fixed up and get you safe."

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:59 am
User ImageUser Image
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Just trying to breathe
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Please let this be the right call...

Llewella felt a wave of guilt when Linsey said she'd be admonished by the church. While Ella's family never brought her along, she was required to maintain her prayers and read the holy word. She was sure Linsey would feel this weighing on her heart. It was then that the older girl compared Ella to a kicked puppy, making the girl curl in on herself. Her last line, "They abandoned Ella like a dog by the side of a road" made the brunette stumble backwards a bit. If only Linsey knew just how close her words had been.

Starting off with Ella literally having been dropped on her Father's doorstep in the middle of a snowstorm, then years of physical and emotional torment... Ella sobbed again, tears now rolling down her cheeks. This was somehow so, so much worse than getting pushed over and kicked around by 7 older boys in heavy boots. Why was having her life all displayed here so scary? She wiped her eyes on her sleeve, a sniffle escaping as she tried to calm herself back down. Linsey asked what the woman needed in order to help Ella, but the woman seemed to have other tasks.

Linsey then turned to Ella and said she wouldn't be a burden, and that Linsey considered her a friend. An extended sleepover... a new place with new people... holidays and loneliness... It was all too much. Breathing felt difficult and her heart was racing. She wiped her eyes again, but when she looked back, Nora was there and she was telling Ella to breathe. The smaller girl took a careful breath, nodding her little head. "I... I don't know..." A shaky breath, then Ella looked over at Linsey. "M...maybe... i-if you're s-sure I won't be a b-bother?" It sounded so much better than being moved to an orphanage or having to make an uncomfortable, long train ride alone back to school... or being examined by the ministry for who knew how long. She pulled her sweater tighter around herself, hoping she'd made the right call.

Graydon Ironshield

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:34 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish

Ella’s reaction to her description of what had been done to her by her family startled Linsey, and she moved in behind her friend to catch her, as she was afraid Ella might actually collapse upon the platform. She stood behind her, and caressed the girl’s shoulders. “Ella, it’s going to be okay,” she said insistently, though she pitched her voice so as not to spook her younger friend. “You’re going to be okay, you just need to hold on, and you’ll see this through,”

Hearing Ella sob was enough to break Linsey’s heart, and she wasn’t sure if she could deal with it if it happened to her. She could barely comprehend what had been done to Ella, and that, apparently, they’d left things for her to learn she was disowned on her own. There was a lump forming in the back of her throat as felt Ella’s sobs. Blannat continued to whine and whimper as he tried his best to comfort the little First Year as best as he could manage. He started licking her hand as he leaned his head against her.

Both of them felt Ella’s difficulty drawing breath, and Linsey continued to gently massage Ella’s shoulders, and said softly, “Come on, Ella, stay with us. You don’t want to end up at St. Mungo’s on top of everything else tonight. Just breathe, relax and breathe. Blannat and I aren’t going to let anything more happen to you.”

When Ella asked if she might be a burden if she stayed the holidays with her, Linsey gave her friend another hug, and did her best to hold back tears. “Burden? Of course, you won’t; in my family there’s always room for another at the table. When she meets you, Grammy Grey will adore you. And just think of all the fun we’ll have. There’s church tomorrow, and I can’t wait for you to meet my friends back home. And there’s our annual cookie-baking marathon, Midnight Mass, and the Christmas party. You’ll get to see it snowing on the sea; I remember you saying how you wanted to see that. Oh, and my uncle told me there’s a new litter of puppies.”

And, I have been told they’ve just opened their eyes and their getting more active,” a new voice added from behind where Linsey was standing. Linsey straightened up, and turned to look in the direction of where the voice came, and she said, with a relieved smile and a soft voice, “Aunt Lynn, you’re here…”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms