Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

AlwynRowanwind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:57 pm
im from new mexico and if you want to go to college here{cheap but awesome education} you only need to take the act and even with that you could always just take the college placement and not the act at all

we arent as worried about the sat as other states no stress over them here  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:20 pm
I still gotta figure out what college I'm going to aim for...
I really want to do Juliard, but I don't think i've got enough abilities and motivation to make it...

I may stray away from music, actually. I'll have a decision probably sometime next year, when I have art class again. I'm missing art classes, more then i'm enjoying Jazz Band. Sure, I love orchestra, and my heart was with the Philharmonic orchestra in Tucson that I was in, but I'm starting to lose it >>;

*sigh* I may just become some random mangaka, and not a composer for the movies....  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

AlwynRowanwind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:25 pm
hmmm  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:39 pm
AlwynRowanwind
hmmm
[+:Not everybody...:+]

Hmm, indeed.

[/testthingummy]

Either I do music, art, or...
I'm very intrigued in Japanese history. I also like biology quite a bit(the only class I'm acing, right now)
Also, depending on how I'll like my Psychology/Sociology class next semester...

[+:...Exists in the same way.:+]

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:42 pm
@Magni: SATs are at a 2400 now. Because they split the literary part into writing and comprehension, both worth 800 points a piece. Then Math is also 800 points.

I scored an 1840, with an even 590 split for both Writing and Comprehension, and a 660 for Math. Scarily, the California SAT average is only at around 1200
stare , so scoring anything higher than 1500 is actually pretty darn good.

Remember the girl I mentioned that I met at the SATII's? heart
She got nearly perfect SAT, with 800s in BOTH the literary parts and a 700+ in the Math part. God knows she's smart and light years out of my league.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:31 am
Aww don't give up on her that easily Gale domokun

Oh Italy, North or South? According to what I've heard there actually still is the big gap between the two even though it's been ages since the war. I'd like to go visit too someday, Rome is just one of those places you have to see. Other than that a tour around southern Italy would be cool.

Alright, thanks for the explanations guys. We don't have anything like the SATs here, but we do have exams equivalent to the A-levels in the UK, if you happen to know what those are. It's an array of exams you take after Upper Secondary School (using an international term here not to confuse anyone). I took one in Swedish (compulsory), Finnish, English, French, Math and a compiled test in Natural sciences and History, where I answered questions about Geography and Biology. Did decently in Finnish, English and Geography+Biology... French has never been my strong subject, so blegh, barely passed the Advanced Maths test (since I suck and didn't really care about it), and then my Swedish test went really poorly compared to my usuall standards :/  

Mou

Eloquent Conversationalist

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:31 am
eek eek They changed the SATs?! Great. Now I really feel old . . .

*shuffles off to a corner to sit with a blanket over his lap and rock in his chair remembering the 'good ol days'*  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:39 am
Magni Prime
eek eek They changed the SATs?! Great. Now I really feel old . . .

*shuffles off to a corner to sit with a blanket over his lap and rock in his chair remembering the 'good ol days'*

*patpat*  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Serenis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:44 am
I'm in the same boat as you Magni, they changed them just after I took them.

I was graded on the 1600 scale too. Lit: 610, Math: 600. ^_~

And don't talk to me about old... I graduated college in May  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:54 am
x3 They just changed them a few years ago. You can't be that old. But they took out the analogies. stare
Drat it, that was my favorite part! scream  

Amairis

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:34 am
Thanks for the confidence boost, Mou. heart Even though that was probably the most random you could get when meeting a girl, I think that it was still worth it to talking to her in the first place. I don't know what it is with me and girls with really cute smiles. whee

I think there are still some analogies, but more of sentence construction and critical reading now.

And Serenis, I'm pretty sure Magni is older than you. xp Ne, Magni? *pats*

As for my French, it sucks butt, but I use it anyway from time to time just because some girls like to hear a romance/latin-based language. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:36 am
Gale OverDrive
Thanks for the confidence boost, Mou. heart Even though that was probably the most random you could get when meeting a girl, I think that it was still worth it to talking to her in the first place. I don't know what it is with me and girls with really cute smiles. whee

I think there are still some analogies, but more of sentence construction and critical reading now.

And Serenis, I'm pretty sure Magni is older than you. xp Ne, Magni? *pats*

As for my French, it sucks butt, but I use it anyway from time to time just because some girls like to hear a romance/latin-based language. sweatdrop

y'know, now that I think of it, they changed the SATs the year RIGHT after mine. So that means the absolute youngest Magni could be is my age. Chances are he is older... *Looks around suspiciously*  

Serenis

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:51 pm
It's just one of those days.

So: I live in NY right and we have Regents exams, ne? gonk Well today my guidance counselor tells me that for an advanced Regents diploma a) I need to take an art class for Regents credit (that doesn't have a Regents test attached to it [where, I ask, is the logic in that]), b) that I missed the deadline by 3 days to challenge French (which would make it so that I didn't have to take said art class), c) That in order to take said art class I have to drop band in which I've waited 4 years to become 1st clarinet and d) That I've already missed 4 weeks of said art class that I am just now finding out that I have to take, and as such I will have to make up that 4 weeks of work before next week (which is the 5 week marking period) if I don't want to be on the ineligible list (basically you have to go to a structured study hall and can't do sports). On top of that in the past in order to graduate at all I've had to challenge: 7th grade math, career and financial management, and health because someone (*gasps* the very same counselor) messed up my schedule. All this and somehow while you only need 25 credits to graduate I ended up with 31! WTF! I hate institutions. I am so close to dropping out just to spite that woman! scream

On the brightside in other news: I got top marks on my Japanese test.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:06 pm
I wish I only needed 25 credits to graduate gonk
Then, I'd only need to make one up...

I got, like... 38/50 on my last Japanese test xP
I need to study more...
We're finishing Trainman tonight, though ^^

EDIT: It was actually 38/52 xP
not a good night for 'pick the letter with the best reply', when I took that test.  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:25 pm
Trust me, I am not a spring chicken. I may be just starting college, but I also have a mortgage on my house, own my car, have a woman that I call my wife (even though I am not legally married), and have two children. How is that for evidence of my age?  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games