Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 ... 2594 2595 2596 2597 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
As much as I love my purple car and that still runs fairly good (despite the various issues here and there), I do think it's time to move on to something new. Plus it's a bit harder to think of driving anything else besides my purple car because she has been my first and only car I've ever owned.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:51 pm
Definitely hard to think of what you want for a car when you've never really considered having a different car before. Or that some of the cars you do think are cute wouldn't be available used within your price range... at least in good running condition with limited amount of repairs to do (which is to be expected buying used).

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:06 pm
Not much activity going on around here, is there?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:27 pm
It's hard to plan for anything when you don't know what your work schedule is going to be like. *sighs* I've got so many events coming up this weekend that I'm still in the "Maybe" area because I don't know for certain that I got a particular day off from work.

There's the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child play book coming out... my friend's Harry Potter themed baby shower... and another friend's summer party So many things!

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:31 pm
Tonight I'm scheduled to work at the theater from 8 p.m. to 10:45 p.m. It's such a random shift to have me scheduled for. Like why? Why did you schedule me for a 2 and 1/2 hour long shift? Just doesn't make any sense.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:33 pm
I should be reading... but it's too warm and I don't know if I could concentrate on reading at this moment.

But knowing me I'll probably end up going off to read in a few minutes because I have nothing else to do at this moment. sweatdrop

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:02 pm
*gets off phone from a call from the theater*

Woot! I don't have to go in for work!

Apparently there was a bit of a mix-up with who was working this evening for box office. Originally there was supposed to be one of the managers working until I was scheduled to come in. But that particular manager had to leave to go to do stuff at college. So, they called one of my co-workers in to cover the evening shift and then called to check with me on whether I still wanted to do the 2 1/2 hour long shift or just have my co-worker do the entire evening. I obviously opted for the latter option. I don't feel like driving all the way out there for such a short shift, especially when none of the movies at the end of the evening interest me anyway to go see after I would be getting off. Not to mention, I don't feel like changing into my work uniform... it's too hot for it. So, let my co-worker have the extra hours; she'll need the money more than me.

It's not like I'm hurting for work hours anyway since I've working at the assisted living. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:04 pm
Speaking of the theater... I haven't looked at next week's schedule yet.

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:09 pm
Now those are more reasonable shifts.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:13 pm
Lately I have been getting that feeling that it's time to leave the theater and put in my two weeks notice. Probably because I feel like my life is overwhelmed with working around various different work and volunteer schedules that I don't have time to truly relax and enjoy myself.

Not sure when I would want to do it though. Soon, obviously... but other than that I don't know. Originally my plan was to wait until the end of Stars of Hope stuff. Today is the last day for it. But recently some of my managers had brief conversations with me that surrounded the "How are you enjoying your work at the assisted living?"... which just makes things awkward when you consider that you planned on potentially putting in one's two weeks notice. So... I just keep pushing back the potential time I'll do it.

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:15 pm
The last time I considered putting in my two weeks notice was back at the end of march. I had just started my job at the assisted living and I still wasn't sure how I felt about it. Not to mention, timing was a bit awkward with April Fools Day being around the time I thought of doing it. Totally not the atmosphere I would've wanted for a serious decision.

So... I've actually put in more months at the theater than I originally thought I would.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:29 pm
Reasons I want to leave the theater:

- I feel like I've come to a standstill in terms of "leveling up" in the theater business. I know there are more things I could be trained on but no one seems to give any indication of providing it to me.

- I no longer feel guilty about the thought of leaving my co-workers behind because a majority of them I'm not really that close with. The ones I had been close with have already left.

User Image

- I don't get the adequate recognition for the good work I do like I should.

- I no longer look forward to going into work like I used to. It seems more like a chore than a fun way of earning money.

- Pay doesn't match up to the skills and knowledge I utilize.

User Image

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:30 pm
Sorry for the curse words in some of those gifs... but they portray my feelings the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:37 pm
Mind you, my job at the assisted living is my dream job either... but at least it provides the things I've been wanting for some time. Respect for the skills I have, recognition for going beyond what's expected, more relaxed environment, schedule is more predictable and consistent (especially in terms of eating meals). Not to mention, with the location I'm working, I can go check out local events that are happening at the park or nearby on my lunch break. So, if I don't want to have lunch at the facility ((which is free and mostly healthy!)), I can go grab something at the nearby convenient store or purchase something from one of the food vendors. Definitely getting better meals at the facility than I do at the theater (which could be popcorn or fast food, depending on my shift - or a frozen dinner, if I have enough time to eat at home but it's too early for whatever meal my Dad has planned).

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:43 pm
My dream job? Working at the library.

Ever since I got my on-call position at my local library, I've wanted to make it a more permanent, consistent thing. Unfortunately, I haven't had an on-call shift for almost a year now. ((My supervisor - who apparently is also in charge of making the schedules - does a very terrible job of scheduling adequate coverage. It's something my friends [who are current employees] have been complaining a lot about.)) However, I keep my eye open for an open library page position there because at least I already have my foot in the door for getting hired on a more permanent basis. Plus I know that some of the current employees (some who are friends of mine) will be leaving soon... so that means there will be positions opening up. And I know they usually fill the positions up from those from the "volunteer on-call" pool. So... *shrugs* It would be awesome if I finally got a job there.

"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 ... 2594 2595 2596 2597 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games