Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Neon Love's Gang
Yackity-Yack Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 208 209 210 211 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which dream vacation would you choose?
Bahamas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tokyo, Japan
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Paris, France
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sydney, Australia
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Hawaii, USA
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
London, England
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:00 pm
Enough for a giant can of repellent. pirate  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:16 pm
From what one of my friends said it wasn't too bad. It works better than Vista.  

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:53 am
You look really festive Hazu.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:13 am
Thank You! heart I was really trying hard today.

Its been a really rough week so far. Lots of things are getting kinda weird around work. Well, all you can do it keep moving along, right! biggrin

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Gweener

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:11 pm
OMGeezers....
I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping!!! Still have a few people to grab something for a few ppl, and maybe a little more groceries for Christmas dinner,... maybe a few little things to compliment other gifts, and perhaps some books to order online, but the major stuff is done.

How's everyone else's Christmas shopping going; any last minute shoppers that thrive on that feverish energy?

Better than Vista!? Why is it that I still dread upgrading?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:32 am
I think you dread it because no matter what its still a pain. I know that when I upgraded from OS X 10.5 to 10.6 it took some time. Plus a couple of my programs stopped working because some of the supporting OS software was dropped. It was really minor, but annoying. I'll tell you though, that it works really well. smile

The one Windows "upgrade" I did was from 95 to XP and that was a real hassle. I have heard of people having problems with upgrades to Windows 7, but I'm not sure why.

We have almost all our Christmas shopping all done, except my Father-in-Law. He notoriously hard to shop for. Even gift cards don't always work. I will figure out something for him by this weekend. Plus I want to get some little gifts for everyone, I just need to go window shopping for a while smile

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Gweener

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:21 pm
Ahh, men are notorious for being hard to find presents for!... three times a year, too!~ Father's Day, Birthdays, AND Christmas... and one more if there's an anniversary in there. eek
The one thing I always fall back on when I have no idea what to get a man is... FOOD!!! Whether it's baking or dinners (that are able to take home and even possibly freeze for later meals... great for the single men.)

Geeze, I just finished getting all my Christmas cards mailed out. I didn't realise I would spend so much on MAIL!!! But I got the cards, went and got holiday pics of ourselves printed out to put in the cards, and stickers to put in the children's cards; plus, the holiday stamps. Phew!
Now I just have to wait and see if anyone NOT on my mailing list sends ME a card, and then I'll have to rush one to them out to the mail box. But, I think it's important to let those that live far away know you are thinking about them during this special time of year; enough to put out all that effort; although I wonder if they realize the amount of effort that gets put into what seems to be a simple Christmas card!!!

Anybody else mailed out cards?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:39 pm
I totally agree with that. Although, I would say my Mother is also hard to but for too. I would get him something to eat, and in fact My hubby has bought him some peanuts. My father-in-Law is also diabetic so I can't get him anything really good. On top of it, he hates diabetic food, won't even touch the stuff. I think I will have to get him some clothes.

I have been super slow in getting my christmas cards out. I was hoping to do it last weekend. Now I am hoping to do it this weekend. I will have to cross my fingers, and hope I'm not too lazy to do it. blaugh

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Gweener

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:23 pm
I'm glad I'm not the only one that lets the Christmas Cards slip my mind or constantly get postponed. It's such as important thing to my Grandma. An E-mail Card just isn't personal enough; not enough effort to say you care all that much.

Hey, you know, I had a few diabetics on my Christmas list a few years back (coworkers). The "sweetest" gifts I found were the sugar-free fancy candies, or if you're the "bake to be in holiday spirit" type... bake up some cookies and substitute Splenda (or Wal-Mart's alternative) for sugar!

I am dying to bake some goodies this season, but if I thought I didn't have time for the Cards... I think I'll be sticking to the packaged mixes and prepared doughs. In fact, I made some Betty Crocker choc chip, walnut, oatmeal cookies tonight! Of course I cheated even more by using my muffin pan to make perfectly circular cookies, but, hey, it works; just use that baking/oil spray.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:40 pm
I wish I could bake something for him, but my Mother-in-law bakes so much it makes my efforts look half-hearted at best.

I did the last of my buying for my Hubby tonight. It was just a little thing, he actually got his Christmas present early, it was a new Macbook Pro. He loves it! It was a big expense, but it was worth seeing his happy smile.

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:11 am
sweatdrop Just finished sending out several e-cards. I know it isn't as exciting as getting an actual card; but we are low on funds this year. Not gunna damper anyone's Spirits by going into details. As long as there is real meaning and love sent with those e-greetings, that's gunna have to be good enough.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:01 pm
it's the thought that matters bubbles! I did the same thing whee
Besides, coming from you I'm sure there's love in them heart  

Jade Shark
Crew

5,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:36 pm
We had our Christmas party at work today it was good food and nice company. I even won $50 in our prize drawing. smile

Then tonight we went and saw Camerron's Avatar. I thought it was a great movie. I enjoyed very much and I would recommend it to anyone. That 3D effect was neat, at time I was trying to scoot something out of the way so i could see past it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:05 pm
Thanks Goth for the compliment. And thank you Hazu for the wonderful report. Now I know what you meant on the bumping thread.  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

Gweener

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:06 pm
I love the cute, heartfelt ecards as well, and as computer-savvy as my Grandma is, she's still old fashion in believing a card in the mail is a must. Whatcha gonna do? My Mom is the worst at sending out cards, of any kind (birthday, Christmas, anniversary, etc) especially on time; and I think I have her tendencies... but as long as Grandma is well, I'll put forth the effort to get something in the mail to her.

And as for gifts, I love the idea that it's the thought that counts. There's been times when I've been surprised that someone had remembered something I had said I wanted or wished I had. One was a cute liquid potpourri burner shaped like a barn with a well and animals around it. We had seen it just browsing and was surprised as can be when I got it as a gift months later!

Congrats on the prize, Hazu! And that warm fuzzy feeling of seeing the happiness your gift brought to your hubby. I just love that feeling. You know how kids get all present crazy and rip through the fancy wrapped packages only to verily acknowledge the contents before diving into the next package? I read a cute article on one Mom's game to teach her children how to graciously receive a gift: They'd each take turns with a bag to roam the house searching for an item to give to another family member (not for keeps, just to play) and in return the person given the gift must immediately say thank you and... here comes the creative part: they have to come up with a sincere compliment about the gift. For example, for a teddy bear, the child could say, wow, I bet he'll be great to cuddle with when I go to bed. What made the game even more enjoyable is when the gift turned out to be something crazy, like a toothbrush, or the easy laugh- underwear, or one sock. Then they'd have to get creative with their comments. Sounds like they had a lot of fun with it and learned how to be gracious when receiving a gift of any kind as well!?

Neon Love's Gang

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 208 209 210 211 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games