Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:08 am
Welcome, new persons!

I finally found a Gaia Cash card! *rejoices*  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:54 am
I refuse to argue who copied whom, and won't defend Evanescence as artists, I just enjoy some of their music. Also, we don't get much Finnish music in Pennsylvania . . . sweatdrop

Oh, and HephaestusOS? I won't call you a loser, only question your taste in films for liking Daredevil when it was a truly horrid movie.  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:15 am
1. Welcome to all the new people!

2. Congratulations on the Cash Card, Yoder!

3. Daredevil sucked. End of Story. It FAILED. Go to Jail directly. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200.

4. The only songs from Evanescence that strum in my mind are Bring me to Life and My Immortal.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:20 pm
*makes his initial post in WoE*  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:34 pm
Today sucked. End of story.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:33 pm
Today was ok for me. I found a cool shirt and an aquabats t shirt and also..... Conkers live and reloaded and oddworld strangers wrath. my xbox rejoices. and also a point. Nightwish copied Theatre of Tragedy who are also opera influenced and also suck. A more intelligent strain of metal is Megadeth. Search them, Rocket from the Crypt and Aquabats on youtube and enjoy. oh and Reel big fish.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:29 pm
Megadeth, ahhhh . . .the memories of pleasant voice trauma!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:28 pm
Evanescence? Lies = my naptime, background music.  

xPeccavi

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:59 am
I play In Flames as my naptime music. To be honest I never sold on this whole women as metal vocalists thing. It may sound sexist but the metal voice grew around male vocals. Most women dont have strong enough voices. There are exceptions (Arch Enemy, Madder Mortem) but other than that female vocals cant beat male voices in all their forms.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:57 am
I disagree . . . the typical grating/gutteral rage of male vocals is not solely male. Feminine voices can be more shrill than gutteral, but melodic tones can deepen the music rather than take away.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Cobalt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:24 am
*is gluggled by GOD* XD

I don't listen to metal much. The stuff I do listen to is more pop-ish. *shrug* I'm a nerd, so I listen to things like Eric Whitacre (modern choral composer) and techno music from India. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:32 pm
-Waves- Hai everybody.  

RengKuRefreshed

3,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

kitsune shojo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:54 pm
The sort of namecalling I assume has been going on is exactly why I don't tell people what I listen too unless asked and then answer Japanese music so they don't ask again. eek

I haven't responded on this thread in years... or a really long time and I come back and call people namecallers... making a good impression rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:32 pm
First of all: Welcome, RengKu!

Nice to see you around, Kitsune!
Well, many statements made recently by some have been quite chauvanist(sp?). People are naturally opinionated creatures that like to believe their way is always the correct way. Such, namecalling and the like will come. It isn't normally this way, though.

Yay for Japanese music! biggrin  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:34 pm
A lot of people that I've met mix up j-pop and techno. I don't understand the similarities, as the best techno comes from Europe. I understand that some techno does come from Japan, but it's just not as good because they tend to make it j-pop. I have yet to hear Indian techno, but it does sound intruiging. Overall, Europe produces the best quality of techno. Hands down.

Edit: Also, Europe is known for having the cheapest hug-drugs. Although cheaper, it's still quite as potent as the American E. Also, the nicknames they give it are far more entertaining (For the techno fanatics).

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games