Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

HephaestusOS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:50 am
...you lost me at hug-drugs
are the drugs so great, it's like getting a hug?
or do they protect you from childish accidents? (huggies)
or, by some freak twist of fate, are they some off-brand of a popular chocolate treat?
the world may never know...
i would say "like 'how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie-pop'", but i've already conducted a test
according to my research *flashback to magic schoolbus*, it takes 237 licks to get to the center of a tootsie-pop
shows how bored I am during science class  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:24 am
I have to agree with Tana about Europe producing the best techno I've ever heard. But some asian techno djs are good as well.

Thing is the reason why you don't understand the similarities, Tana, is because j-pop and techno are on two opposite sides of the dance-type music spectrum. J-Pop is what it really is which is Japanese Pop. Think American pop, then translate into Japanese, and then add a better factor of +9 so that it doesn't fail like American Pop. Example of J-pop singers: Ayumi Hamasaki, Utada Hikaru, BoA (she's technically K-Pop being that fact that she's Korean, but pop singer nonetheless. She is also referred to as the Britney Spears of Korea, minus the total FAIL factor).

Techno is techno, usually there are no lyrics, too. Though I am tempted to list the many different types and variations, some which already include trance and rave, there are too many categories and subcategories to list. Examples of Techno DJs: Darude, dj Tiesto, dj Taka.

Gale OverDrive

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:04 am
I know the differences between techno and Japanese music, definitely. I love the electronic sub-genre and occasionally listen to atmospheric/ambient techno. DJ Alice!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:06 am
You seem to be "teaching" me, although I already know all of this. Except who the j-pop (k-pop whatever) singers are.
I went on a nation-wide tour back in America before I moved (with groups that no-one had really heard of), all techno. I'm not unfamiliar with techno and its sub-genre list. But you are slightly off-center on one point.
You say techno usually has no lyrics, this is wrong today. However, until around 2001-02, you are absolutely correct. It's unfortunate, but record companies and DJ's are veering off the true techno path (as corny as it seems). I know that if you look in the right places, you can still find myriad groups that perform only without vocals. But, this new generation's techno is mainstreaming vocalized techno. Techno is one of the only groups that the mainstream isn't bad, and actually provides an enjoyable listening period.

Also, your examples of techno DJ's...get a new selection. Tiesto and Darude, Darude especially aren't that great. I met a DJ not too long before I left with the stage name Nysus. He's not very well known outside of Maryland, but if you watch, he could become a huge hit in the states.

If you want some good techno, come to Europe, I'll lend you a roof.

Also, hug-drug is another name for ecstasy, Hephaestus.

Tanakietsu

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:23 am
Mmm... J-Pop, J-Rock, and other J-music...

Miyavi, to Phantasmagoria, to An Cafe...
J-Rap is so much better then American rap... Things like a few from Orange Range and L.MC I believe are considered J-Rap

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:36 am
Theres a way you can tell the difference between metalheads and ravers. Metalheads prefer marijuana, alcohol and hallucinogens, while ravers just like stuff that makes you buzz.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

HephaestusOS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:49 am
thank you for clarifying, tana
being the non-druggie i am, i wouldn't know any of this stuff
and i'm not calling you a druggie (even if you are), i'm just saying that my education on drugs is lower than the average human being.
and this is odd because i go to a school that's in the top 5 list for teen drug-rates. it's a shame.
but thanks to you, my knowledge of drugs has expanded by leaps and bounds.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:11 am
Skreemer
Theres a way you can tell the difference between metalheads and ravers. Metalheads prefer marijuana, alcohol and hallucinogens, while ravers just like stuff that makes you buzz.

Fallacy! Ravers don't just like things that make us buzz. We like marijuana and alcohol just as much as anyone else. We don't smoke marijuana as we rave, but we do drink heavily. As for other hallicinogens, it typically differs between each individual. But as far as mainstream goes. Ravers aren't all about the buzz, but intake alcohol and smoke marijuana as well! We're not one-drug ponies.  

Tanakietsu

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:29 am
Heh. Most ravers I know wont touch a drop if they take pills and a lot of them hate booze and weed. The metalheads I know on the other hand have been known to smoke joints and take their mescaline/peyote/mushrooms during the moshpit and often in conjunction with a bottle of newcastle brown ale.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:43 pm
Albeit, you only know a small portion of the world's ravers.  

Tanakietsu

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:39 pm
True, but I live in Lovecraftian landscape full of woods. It can be... interesting sometimes. Especially when theres nothing to do and we decide to go shoot cows with air rifles.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:12 pm
ninja  

AlwynRowanwind

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:17 pm
*gluggles for Alwyn*  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:28 pm
*uber gluggles yoder back* i havent been gluggled in awhile xd  

AlwynRowanwind

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:06 pm
Skreemer
True, but I live in Lovecraftian landscape full of woods. It can be... interesting sometimes. Especially when theres nothing to do and we decide to go shoot cows with air rifles.

That sounds like so much fun! I'm truly envious!  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games