Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 ... 2594 2595 2596 2597 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:50 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
9296 posts until I surpass Mama Ame's post count in this guild. xd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:52 am
I'm slowly making my way through Prisoner of Azkaban. Probably would have finished it earlier but I've been focusing a majority of my free time on getting through the TV shows I rented through the library.

Final season of Grimm was fantastic. Just started Fear of the Walking Dead Season 2 and just finally got past the part where I last left off when I was watching at the time the episodes were coming out.

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:07 am
I have no idea what I'm going to do for the next 7 hours. All I have left to do is notify residents of their appointments tomorrow but I do that in the afternoon (after everyone's already back from church) and it only takes a few minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:27 pm
Considering I only have about 1000 items, it sure takes a lot of work to organize them in my inventory.

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:30 pm
I'll probably have to go through the items more to see what I want to keep. It's been a long time since I done an inventory cleaning session as seen by how many items I acquired since I last time I did... which I don't even remember when I last did it. Probably before Halloween based on what items I was having to move around and could easily go through.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:31 pm
I'll wait until I get home to do some more where I can put my full attention towards it and not be half way here at work and half way here on Gaia.

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:34 pm
On another note, there's a guy I accepted a friend request from awhile ago on Facebook who is part of a group I'm part of. Recently I've discovered he has feelings for me. He hasn't directly told me he likes me but considering how often he's been liking my posts and all of his recent posts on his own profile about how he's essentially head-over-heels over a woman, it's not too hard to make the connection. Especially when it's pretty specific with "she likes cats like me" and "she's intelligent" and yadda yadda.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:41 pm
While I'm a bit flattered that someone is interested, I have no interest in allowing this flirtation to go anywhere. I've already got someone else I've got my eyes set on and have already started taking slow yet steady "next" steps with. Not to mention, this guy looks a bit too similar to my first ex-boyfriend. Combine that with the almost obsessive clinginess attitude and I'm just instantly turned off.

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:46 pm
All I know is this guy is going to end up having his heart broken.

Apparently he's never been in a relationship before (despite being a few years older than me). Who knows whether he's ever been able to get to the point of going on a date with someone - even if it is on a casual friendship level.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:01 pm
"I am at a loss. I am so damn antisocial, when I finally talk to someone I like, I come off as weird..."

Antisocial? The fact you sent a friend request and initiated a conversation - even if it's just on Facebook - is far from antisocial. With the conversations we've had, you are far from being considered shy.

Weird? Eh... well, the sudden interest in conversing with me and constantly liking everything I like does put off an odd vibe. Especially when even my Dad (who rarely goes onto Facebook) notices.

"There is someone, I just can't bring myself to tell her. I want to start small, slow, steady. Besides, she lives far away from me, though, in these modern times, distance is not an issue. At least, not as much.

I want to just say, "Hey you! I really think you're amazing." To bad I'm a bit of a coward when it comes to matters of the heart. I can open up to a complete stranger, but talking to someone I am actually romantically interested seems to be the most difficult thing..."

You can't directly tell me but have no problem making a bazillion posts commenting on how you feel about this "someone" at the very same time you start communicating with? Especially when those posts are seen by everyone - including me? Yeah... the day you do tell me (if you ever do), you won't get the shocked expression. I'll just be "I know" - and not in a romantic manner like Leia and Han Solo.

"Especially when she's someone interested in a lot of the same things I am. Thinks similarly to myself. Loves cats. Great smile."

Just because we have similar interests doesn't mean there will be an automatic romantic connection. There's more to love than that.

"I don't try to instigate conversations. I don't know what to say."

Really? You've had no problem starting conversations so far. In fact, you've been the only one starting the conversations.

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:11 pm
"Ugh. It's super late, and all I can think of is how lonely the nights are for me. An unloved life is a wasted life, and I have never known this love. She'll never see me... cry "

Talk about "puppy love", huh? The guy barely knows me and he's already head-over-heels.

Never see you? I'm able to look at pictures of you on your Facebook. That's more than just a username with no context of one's actual appearance.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:14 pm
"One day, perhaps, she'll see me in all the wonderous ways I see her."

Not everything is rainbows and butterflies, mate. And I'm afraid there's a storm coming you are being oblivious to, despite being right in front of you.

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:18 pm
"Also, I like someone, and I feel there is every reason in the world for it to not workout. I'd like to be friends first, of course, but the more I find out about her, the more I like her.

Yet again, I feel hopeless in my endeavors. Anxiety and depression can ******** right off.
*hugs* to anyone either feeling the same way or to anyone with a kind enough heart willing to accept a stranger's hug. Also, to the woman I like...*BIGHUGS*
"

The reason you're feeling that way is because it truly isn't going to work out. I have no interest in being with you nor do I expect any romantic feelings to suddenly appear. You barely know me. Barely can call ourselves "acquaintances" at that. Should have started off getting to know me better first as friends before going completely ga-ga over me like a lovesick puppy.

You may be a newbie as this love thing, essentially, but I am not. I've had my heartbroken too many times and I'm not going to fall for every guy who sends some flirtatious words my way. I'm not a damsel-in-distress who needs saving. I'm a queen who is waiting for her prince. A prince who will stand by her side as an equal and love her truly for who she is, not some imaginary vision you want to place on me.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:28 pm
"Why do you think it won't work out with the woman you like? is it distance, age difference, a situation? Because all that can change. Just try to be her friend first, give her what she needs (and don't be afraid to ask something in return) and see where that road leads you."
"As with the woman...all of the above, pretty much. Not too big of an age gap. Distance is a thing, but in these modern times, that's not as big of an issue. I am bad at instigating anything. Like, I can't make the first move, for I fear I'm going over the line when in that situation. But I'm trying. I'm actually the one trying to instigate conversations which I find terrifying. 😂 I want to be myself, but I worry sometimes that my hopeless romantic nature might weird, or worse creep, her out, pushing her away. So I try to rein that in."
"It's really hard to make the first move, but if you handle it carefully and she reacts positively, I think it's worth the anxiety. It doesn't have to be obvious, just show some interest, but don't give her the feeling that you're stalking her or want to know everything she's doing. Most women like romantic guys, as long as it's not too much. Try to find a balance in that and I think you should be fine in finding out if the feelings are or could ever be mutual.
I know it doesn't feel like it, but you don't need any woman to succeed.
Try to find a way to let go of your worries, I know it's incredibly hard and feels impossible, but not worrying about it will probably increase your chances. You're good enough by yourself, and if you radiate that, others will see you as a good partner.
Everyone needs love, but you also need to be able to love yourself in order to be able to fully love and (more importantly) be loved."

" It certainly is tough. I have a rollercoaster of a self-image. Times I'll be like, "the people who get to know me think I'm awesome. So I must be awesome." Trying not to get a big head over it. But then things'll go, "but if I'm awesome, then how come I've been single my whole life?" Which then leads to a lot of doubt. Doubt is what makes me feel not good enough and such. Thinking of every probability to every potential situation, and then the probabilities to the hypothetical situation beyond that, also does me no favors. But that all stems from the same stuff I've mentioned earlier.

It's an unfortunate problem. I have to get out of my own head. Otherwise, I think I love myself alright. Like, I think I would make a great bf. I mean, hopeless romanticism aside, I put the toilet seat down."
"It's okay not to always feel good about yourself, just try to do it as much as you can. And try to let go of the feeling that you're not good enough because you haven't had a relationship, that doesn't define your worth at all. As I said earlier if you are enough on your own, others will pick up on that."

You seem to have no problem instigating you want to watch a movie or a TV show together through your Rabbit streaming channel or whatever. Of course most of the time you're trying to offer it, I'm either busy doing other stuff or what you're wanting to watch I can easily watch on my own time (or have already seen). Not that I'm against re-watching some of the stuff I enjoy but when I could use that time to catch up on other shows I'm behind on, obviously I'm going to choose the latter.

Glad the other person (in blue) recommended to not come off a stalkerish or creepy. Though it's a bit late for that with the amount of posts he's liked of mine.

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:32 pm
I like to wear my heart on my sleeve. I may be a bit coy, sometimes, mostly it's just nerves, but I'll always tell you how I truly feel, if asked. I find it difficult to tell someone out of the blue. I try, in little ways.

The more things change, the more we need to learn to adapt. We don't need to do anything outside, except to help keep what's inside healthy. Inside is where friendship can blossom into love. Inside is where inspiration helps to create the reflection of one's inner beauty onto a canvas. A myriad of canvases, whether the canvas is music, painting, writing, sculpting, cosplaying, farming.
Inside is where we love.

Just remember to keep your feet firm on the ground while having your head in the clouds. This is coming from a romantic and a dreamer. It's one thing to imagine to be with someone but its another to truly recognize when there's nothing to happen between two people. Wishing for it to be so won't make it happen. If there was something there, you would know it and the other person would offer some indication of such. I'm afraid all you have here is an unrequited love... and you're going to get your heart broken because you won't accept it for what it is now while it's still early.

"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 ... 2594 2595 2596 2597 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games