Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Then there's a few posts featuring love songs either in music video form or selected lyrics written out...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:40 pm
Then there was a time where he responded to a comment I made on a post in the group we're part of and he ended it with the nickname "sweetie". I didn't say anything at the time; let it slide believing it would be a one-time thing. That wasn't the case.

Yesterday, during one of our conversations through Messenger, he again used the nickname "sweetie". This time I wasn't going to let it go. I told him not to call me that as we barely knew each other and it was awkward having someone I'm not close with call me that.

Know what happened next? All of his posts now are being so melodramatic of "woe is me". rolleyes

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:43 pm
"Bummed out today. I have a lot on my mind. Usual stuff. I should be okay, but I become more and more tired from dealing with my own crap."

"Sitting here, listening and singing along with some love songs. And some sad songs. Some one in the same. I do enjoy singing."

"3:45pm and I am too bummed to get out of bed. At least I can cuddle with my [cat] Sophie. She hasn't left my side."

These were all within a couple hours after me telling him not to call me "sweetie". Wow... just wow.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:46 pm
"I want to be with someone with intelligence. Someone fun, who get's my offbeat humor. Someone to watch shows and movies together. Someone that will challenge me to try new things. Someone that understands that I am not perfect. Someone understanding of my problems, and doesn't think less of me for them. Someone open to the idea of holding hands or even hugging, just because. Someone to sit under the night sky with, and talk until the sun starts to rise."

Sounds like the same generalized dream partner that everyone would like to have before they've found "the one".

Yes, I'm intelligent. Intelligent enough to know who is right for me and who isn't.

Fun? Sure. Challenge? Perhaps but I won't force anything onto someone.

No one's perfect. To believe otherwise is foolish.

Just because you find someone who matches some items on your checklist doesn't mean it's a match made in heaven.

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:49 pm
"So if there's someone that you kind of fancy, first order of business is to learn more about them. Strike up a conversation with them. I know, I keep trying. It's difficult for me, but I like the person. They seem cool, so I'd like to know more about them. From them. Sure, it's Facebook, I can find out plenty without talking to them, but that's impersonal.
I've been too afraid for too long to just sit back and assume that I'm not good enough. I still do that, but I have to try. Put forth that effort. Hopefully, that person will realized the effort it's taking for me to do what I do, and appreciate it. I'm not a bad guy. . .I don't think. I mean, my D&D alignment tends towards Chaotic Good, but I'm still good. xD"

How about you work first on the friendship before trying to mix any romantic feelings into the mix? It's hard sometimes, I know - I've done it myself. But it'll make it easier to realize when you're trying to sugarcoat something that's not good for you... that's not even meant for you.

I definitely realize the effort it's taking for you to do what you're doing. Trust me, I know. I've been in the same boat before. But do realize that you won't always get the end result you're wanting.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:53 pm
And then we're back to "woe is me"...

"You all...this week has been so hellish for me. Each day it gets worse.

Yeah, I go out of my way, sometimes to the point of annoying, I'm sure, to share things that I feel would brighten each and every one of your days. I will crack jokes, even now when I feel exceptionally...well, you all probably know by now. I mean, I'm the resident sad sack here.

I wish the things I say to people wouldn't get taken the wrong way. I wish I could have a decent conversation with someone I find to be pretty damn cool. Someone I want to get to know better. Someone I rather fancy.

I am feeling regret, guilt, regret about the guilt, then guilt about the regret, and so on...I wish I wasn't intelligent and foolish. I'm an idiot to think someone would understand me, and actually like me.

I wonder if I am just destined to be alone. [...] Obviously, this is the mode my mind goes in. I assume the worst, because it's all I'm used to getting from most. Even from some of my friends, though that has gotten better over the years.

I'm just sad. For many of the usual reasons. Fooling myself into thinking someone could like me, that's a big one. I'm sorry everybody. Tonight is not a strong nignt for me.
I hope the night or day treats all of you with the kindness I really try to share."

Seriously? All this just because I told you not to call me "sweetie"? rolleyes

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:02 pm
It's just amazing how fast his mood changes over the simplest things. He had sent a friend request to me and never contacted me until a couple weeks ago. That's when he started being "you're pretty cool" in our conversations ((another clear indication of who he's talking about in his public posts)) and liking pretty much everything I post.

I guess I'm just getting a bit worn-out with all of the attention in this manner because I've had so many guys - of both past and present - try to initiate something with me.
One I already gave a shot at being my boyfriend and he broke up with me a week later saying he wasn't ready to move on yet. Should have thought of that before asking me out. The few times I've agreed to get together it's just been awkward; I can't even see us hanging out as friends because we seem to be from two totally different worlds. Not to mention, the years of non-communication in between wanting to get together to do something.
Another came straight forward saying he was interested in me and was willing to wait until taking it further. He did a bit of the same thing as the current guy - liking most of the things I was posting - and then he just sort of drifted off, no longer trying to talk to me or anything. So, I guess he came to his senses on where that was going.
And then we have Mr. Puppy Love here... *sighs*

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:04 pm
So... that's the latest in the romantic department. At least with those I have no interest in.

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:09 pm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:21 pm
An hour and a half until I'm off work.

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:22 am
Just had to share another one of the posts that the guy posted (and some of the responses people have made). xd

---

About 4:30 in the morning here. Can't sleep, yet again. This week...I tell you. I don't have too much on my mind or anything, unless my subconscious is being a butt.

I wish, oh do I wish, that I could talk to this person whom I like. I'm a smart guy, but stupid with people. I know the world around me. I am aware of it all, my empathy makes that easy. I want to talk, watch things. Spend time with her.

I try to create my own hope, though stale as it is becoming.

It all starts with a simple hello, how are you then you ask a question and go from there. So like this ok... hi how are you nice weather we are having did you catch the movie/ game last night... and so on and so forth
There's no easy way to say this, but you have to talk to that person. In my experience, I was too shy to say something to that someone, and I know it wasn't a mere crush, because I had quite a few of those.
I know she was the person I loved, but I didn't say anything. She's now been in a long relationship and obviously I'm not going to root or do anything to end it. She deserves that happiness as well as her partner.
Do not hold it back any longer. Time is fleeting and we have to grasp our every opportunity at happiness. Don't be like me and delay it to tomorrow.
Obviously, take care and be kind and considerate in your words. I'm sure the person will love you for who you are.

If there's anything I've learned in life, it's that good things will come when they come. The waiting is always hard, but it will be worth it in the end. Easier said than done, but don't let your anxiety stop you. Even if things don't work out at first, they will eventually, so just make yourself happy until then. Good luck!!
I do try to chat with her. More of a one-way street. Or I'm just not saying the right thing, or she's not interested...idk

---

The latter. Definitely the latter.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:33 am
I think the whole thing feels more awkward because he hasn't been talking to me like a normal person wanting to get to know someone better as a friend. You know the usual "what's your favorite ________" or "I see you like ______, so am I! What did you think about such-and-such?" Instead it's always "you're pretty awesome" and "you're cool" and "here are some good vibes to greet you for the morning/end your night with".

He's doing exactly what I don't want - trying to initiate the relationship before I've developed a friendship. And he already knows what my preference is because he saw an image I shared that stated as such... and he commented that he prefers the same thing. Really? Because you certainly aren't following up with that statement.

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:39 am
I ended up taking a move like his, making subtle (or not so subtle) mentions of something relating to current events. One of the other members of the group we're part of made a post asking what song lyrics stood out to us. While I have quite a few, I just selected a few that stood out to me... and just happened to be signs to hopefully let this guy know where I stand. These are the lyrics I selected:

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies." - She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5

"I might be strong, I might be weak / There might be a part of me that I won't let you keep / Been on this road, and come this far / Don't need a man to hold my hand / I just want one to hold my heart" - Hold My Heart by Lindsey Stirling

"I think it's so cute and I think it's so sweet / How you let your friends encourage you to try and talk to me / But let me stop you there, oh, before you speak / Nah to the Ah to the No, No, No" - No by Meghan Trainor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:41 am
Who knows if the message will get through...

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:14 pm
Shows I Need To Watch:

iZombie - 14 [On Netflix] + 13 (Season 3) [On Netflix]
ONCE - 22 (Season 6)
Fear The Walking Dead - 5 [Rented From Library] + 8
Shadowhunters - 17
The Walking Dead - 16 (Season 7)
Sleepy Hollow - 13 (Season 4 - Final)
Elementary - 10 (Start on Ep. 15)
Doctor Who - 8
MLP:FIM - 6
Game of Thrones - 2

Last updated: July 25

"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games