Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Neon Love's Gang
Yackity-Yack Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 208 209 210 211 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which dream vacation would you choose?
Bahamas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tokyo, Japan
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Paris, France
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sydney, Australia
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Hawaii, USA
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
London, England
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:41 pm
User Image
Thanks Hazu. Chicken Noodle Soup is an all time favorite. Especially when it's home made. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:40 pm
This is what I do for homemade chicken noodle soup...
get one of those bags of boneless, skinless chicken breast from Wal-Mart and cut it all up into chunks, along with a whole bag of carrots (I like to peel them first) and a whole stock of celery. Sometimes I chop up an onion or two, too. Throw it all into a BIG pot and add LOTS of water and bring to a slow boil until the chicken turns white and then add a bag of egg noodles. Of course you can use whatever kind of noodles you like; and add salt and pepper to your taste. Another 8 to ten minutes and you have a huge pot of healthy chicken noodle soup. Don't forget the saltines!!!

Gweener

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:10 am
Thats a really good way of doing it Gwee. I always cooked the chicken first, I never really thought about doing it that way. Jinkies, its so obvious too, now I feel a little silly. whee

I've had an urge to make chilli the last couple of days. Maybe I will get the ingrediants tonight. 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:43 am
Grump almost makes his with the same ingredients and type of Chicken as Gwee does. The only difference really, is that we "always" cook the Chicken first. Primarily because the risk of getting Salmonella Poisoning is greater when you don't cook it first.  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

Gweener

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:54 pm
I've thought about that... cooking the chicken first... salmonella... but I figured as long as it comes to a boil and the chicken is fully cooked, then all germies should be gone; plus cooking the chicken in the water helps make the broth I don't know... maybe I should try cooking it first?

There was so much ice on my windshield this morning... some chili is sounding mighty good right now!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:17 am
Our neighbor has been super nice and cleared our driveway and our sidewalk. I think he did it just before going to work. We have to get him a thank you gift, he deserves it. smile

I didn't get to make chilli. I am really hoping for some tonight, but I found my pantry is missing certain ingredients. A shopping I will have to go.

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:52 am
Gweener
I've thought about that... cooking the chicken first... salmonella... but I figured as long as it comes to a boil and the chicken is fully cooked, then all germies should be gone; plus cooking the chicken in the water helps make the broth I don't know... maybe I should try cooking it first?

There was so much ice on my windshield this morning... some chili is sounding mighty good right now!

Have you ever noticed that when you cook the chicken by itself, there tends to be a lot of white gook that floats to the surface? And you have to skim or drain it. Well, that white gook can't be seen as easily when you are mixing the chicken in with your veggies and boiling it in water.

The veggies end up absorbing some of that gook. That gook isn't just from sodium or fat from the chicken. Some of it is waste material that has been trapped inside the chicken after it was slaughtered and the chicken wasn't able to pass it through it's system.

So, if you can't see it to be able to remove it from the broth, then it can release bacteria from being exposed to oxygen and heat. That bacteria can develop into Salmonella.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:45 pm
LittleTnCo
Gweener

Have you ever noticed that when you cook the chicken by itself, there tends to be a lot of white gook that floats to the surface? And you have to skim or drain it. Well, that white gook can't be seen as easily when you are mixing the chicken in with your veggies and boiling it in water.

The veggies end up absorbing some of that gook. That gook isn't just from sodium or fat from the chicken. Some of it is waste material that has been trapped inside the chicken after it was slaughtered and the chicken wasn't able to pass it through it's system.

So, if you can't see it to be able to remove it from the broth, then it can release bacteria from being exposed to oxygen and heat. That bacteria can develop into Salmonella.

User Image

Ewww! I did notice that frothy, fatty stuff floating on top, but I just figured it was a little chicken fat. Thanks for the tip!!!  

Gweener

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:50 pm
Sure thing Gwee. I've got about 10 years of restaurant cooking, 3 years of cooking for the Army, and 20+ years around my dad who is a Gourmet Cook. So, I kind of picked up some things along the way.

Hey, do you know any of the members that may be willing to host the next Watu meeting on the 3rd of Jan? I've sent out requests to five members so far; and no luck.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:58 pm
Hmmm... did you ask MOI?
If so, then maybe Sedo would like to give it a try.

Gweener

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:13 pm
I'll go ask her now. I bet she would enjoy it. Thanks Gwee.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:20 pm
NP! I just know it had to be disappointing for MOI with the turnout, or should I say, lack of turn out for her event; maybe this one would go better for her if with the word getting out quicker.
And if not, I'm not sure, but I think Sedo might find it fun to play hostess.

Gweener

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:40 pm
Yeah; I just finished leaving her a message on her profile. I hope she checks it. I told her that she could come up with her own theme and activities. I'm trying my best to get more people involved, enthusiastic about the guild. I really do care about all of them. Except for all the Doom mules; lol. Though, I do like Chakita Doom, Plasma Doom, and Shotgun Doom.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:39 pm
It does seem hard to get participation going doesn't it. smile

I want to wish everyone a wonderful New Year! heart

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

PieMonster2000
Crew

Hilarious Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:52 am
Hope everyone had a smashing New Year! <3 Well.. not literally..
D: This'll probably be the last you'll see of me for two weeks. ^^ Wish everyone the best! *GLOMP*  
Neon Love's Gang

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 208 209 210 211 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games