Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:39 am
Yoder
Welcome, Lanfear!

Care to expand on that statement, Gale?

Sure. Don't be freaked though. And just as warning, none of these photos are photoshopped, they're not tampered in any way possible, as far as photo editing goes.

So. Me and my friends decided to go visit other friends at their University in West Los Angeles.

After a great dinner, some cheap but excellent ice cream and cookies, incredibly awesome frozen yogurt and rousing games at the arcade, we all decided, while sitting down and relaxing, to have our friends give us a tour of their University. Mind you, it's 11 p.m., the fog is rolling in thick and it's very cold outside.

And so we go on our little tour and our friends are telling us about the various 'legend' and rumors and stories about their campus.

We reach a magical little place called "The Sculpture Garden", and when my friend first told me this, my mind automatically thought: "House of Wax." But, seeing as how I love adventure and a little bit of thrill, we decided to all go ahead and continue the tour.

Immediately upon setting foot into the garden, I feel anxious and nervous about the place, as if my senses were heightened at the face of danger.

Now, there's a series of pictures I will show you. We took these pictures because one in our group said she had an art project to finish and upon spotting this particular 'sculpture' decided to use it for her project.

These pictures were taken approximately 20-30 seconds after each other, with the 4th picture being taken AFTER we got scared because of the third picture and quickly, but calmly walked away from the area.

Picture One
See anything weird about this picture?
Picture Two
Notice anything yet? I know I did. . .
Picture Three
This picture sent us quickly, yet calmly, walking away from the general area of the garden.

Along the edge of the garden, however, we spot a group of girls in the near distance, standing in a circle, around lit candles on the ground. We don't bother them, because we respect differences, and we don't want to be bothered either, but we thought that they were the reason for the things in the third picture.

The last picture I'm going to show was taken after we were some hundred feet away, when my friend (the guy who took the pictures) took another one to make sure we were safe and 'out of range'. He says that that's his grandfather, because in his family, their grandfathers always watch over the living members of the family.

Picture Four

I believe it too, seeing as how it's very bright and alone, after we got out of the Sculpture Garden.

After getting back to the dorms for some hot drinks and snacks, we scare ourselves even more by telling some stories that we have experienced in real life. I don't know what those girls were doing, but it can't have been very good for us, and so that practically scarred us for life.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:56 am
Legend of Black Heaven is by far the world's best anime, I rewatched the whole series last night. Last time I did that was in 2001...nineteen years old, cripes.  

Tanakietsu

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:08 pm
Welcome, Neo!

It's no problem for you to inform someone of their mistakes. We don't mind so long as you're correctly telling them what needs fixing.

Absolutely, Goosey!
*plays through Sonic Adventure 2 again*

I don't see anything. It just looks like condensation on the lens and distant streetlights. By the way, that sculpture is very odd.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:13 pm
I don't see anything else than small waterdrops on the lense Gale surprised Odd... the imagination can do some funny things.

And yes, EVERYONE can tell people if they've done something against the rules... it's not only something mods can do.  

Mou

Eloquent Conversationalist

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:35 pm
I love the sculpture, but the dots look like the fog attacked the camera with dew...
Hrm.

Needing more people for my OC Naruto RP.... I think it might be very interesting, this time 'round. I've done this particular one three times, before... maybe four...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:45 pm
I used to be Wiccan and still maintain contact with my spirit guide. Honestly, I think you were probably somewhat on edge because of the darkness and legends and premonitions about house of waxiness. I doubt that anything meant harm to you, my understanding is that for the most part they're just confused but happy here. There is a 'woman' who lives in my house, both my brother and I have seen her, and my dad has sensed her, (we think she's the previous owner) and she's very nice. She used to come into my room at night, and tucked me in once(which scared the crap out of me I can assure you). Through my spirit guide the next day we politely asked her not to come into my room and she hasn't since. She stays mostly in the guest room and a friend of mine says that once he thought someone (he assumed it was me) came and sat on the edge of the bed in the middle of the night. Like I said, for the most part they're chill and comfortable with us. *shrugs* one of my other friends insists that as long as you don't close your mind down to the idea of something anything is possible. she used to talk to her dog via telepathy apparently. it works like that i think.  

Electric Kool-Aid

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:40 pm
I believe in spirits. i've seen them, and some have attacked me. my family isn't Wicca, but, you see, my grandmothers a witch, and our family is part Celtic, aka Druid, and we all have some form of...... abilities. we can sense things. for instance. i sense the prescence of...... things..... and many 'things' have bothered me, and my dad's seen enough. so. my opinion is that it was a good idea to run from there.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:58 pm
I miss the days of go-gaia.com ):  

Tanakietsu

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:05 pm
I miss my friend Gary. Butt monkey moved to georgia a few years ago and he broke contact last year. Hoom.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:22 pm
Well, I'm not seeing how dew can suddenly attack the camera in 30 to 40 seconds, when the lens temperature was the same, and the area was basically the same or how it explains that other circle in picture 4, and why the heck the dew would suddenly be gone, considering my friend was too busy staring at the pictures to even think of wiping his lens. stare  

Gale OverDrive

HephaestusOS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:43 pm
i don't see anything particularly creepy, but the whole thing is rather odd. it's not exactly scary or off-putting to me, merely intriguing.
i've gone to a couple wiccan groups, but i didn't get all that into it (no, i didn't go for the 'spells')
a lot of creepy things have happened to me, though. for a long while, i thought i could hear the typing of a computer keyboard from my room. since the computer room was downstairs and my room was upstairs, i always thought this was weird. a couple times, i went to investigate, with the keystrokes getting louder and louder as i got closer. then, when i entered, of course, there was no one there. the keys kept going in my head and got quieter as i went back to my room, but i never figured out where the came from(and no, there were no more computers in the house at the time)
also, in my old house, there were many instances that seemed ghostly/ghastly. doors that were completely closed would open and things that were locked away would be found sitting out. this kind of stuff actually happened all over our neighborhood. about five years ago, we learned that there was a death VERY close by. the neighborhood is positioned just under a mountain with steep cliffs and rocky places. at one point, there was a little girl drawing on a flat rock with her crayons. somehow, a large boulder fell on top of her and killed her. when a few friends and i went up to see the place, we looked into a little cranny and found some really old crayons. it was REALLY scary  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:22 am
I think most Gaia oldbies miss go-gaia, before we had flamers and rabid CBers all over the place... but no point in mourning about the past.

I don't particularily believe in spirits or ghosts, but I don't think it's impossible either. Guardian angels is something I've always believed in since I was a child and my grandmother used to sing me this little song about an guardian angel, it made me feel comfortable and safe. Yet today the thought just sets me to peace, even though I realize it might just be something my imagination has created. I don't particularily care though, since it's just a simple way of calming down once in a while (not used much recently though). Also thinking about guardian angels always reminds me of my grandmother and grandfather, which is always nice.  

Mou

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:20 am
Guardian angels, yes, I believe in them too. But in a different sense. To me they are more like the spirit guide I have than like a human with wings. *shrugs* but I do believe that the past generation like to hang around this generation and keep track of them.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:31 am
"My" guardian angels don't possess wings either, they're more like someone out there looking out for you, not neccessarily a spirit, not neccessarily anything living. Can't give them an exact definition, it's just something out there somewhere looking after me in some way.

OMG Mou just sent a RP application, gosh the things you do on the spur of the moment. An Naruto RP on top of it all surprised I'm still so stuck in the past... but this might get me going again and I just felt like doing it kekeke.  

Mou

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:53 am
Hmmmm . . . Naruto RP . . . wink

I have a few spirits that are my companions. I don't know if they are guardians, but as they are not human, the angelic title doesn't seem to apply either. One is a Golden Eagle, the other a chamelion. Both have their unique accents, and personalities. Of course being otherkin makes me a bit different to begin with. sweatdrop  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games