Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18946 18947 18948 18949 18950 18951 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Owwin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:09 pm

Orphie
What makes you say that?
Our culture believes in romantic love, based on feelings that come from endorphin release in the brain, these feelings have been proven to fade over time.

Some other cultures believe in arranged marriages based on star alignment and how compatible the couple is by age, interests, etc.

In both instances they are allowed to leave each other yet our culture and it's romantic love has higher divorce rates and more unhappy marriage rates.

So I believe in romantic love as much as I believe in astrological match making. Which is also dumb, but they take other things into effect for the arrangements.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:11 pm

Owwin
Kuzodav
Decavolty
The act of sex itself is merely sex. Procreation. Helping the species, if you will.

Nothing to do with love.

No.
Sex can deal with love.

It doesn't have to.
But it sure as Hell can.
Love can exist without sex. People love their families, but only a select few have sex with them. Sex can exist without love. Prostitution. Sex and love can overlap, but it is not a cause and effect relationship.

Not always true.
You could love someone, and as an extension of that love engauge in sex with them for a greater bond.

I'd like to point out that saying you can love your family and not bone them is bullshit as well. As we have biological stoppers to keep ourselves from ******** our relatives and ******** up the genetics of our children.

Also: With friends. Just because you love them doesn't mean your attracted to them to bone them.

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:12 pm

you guys are just jealous of people who are in love
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:14 pm

oh noes astro boy is in color now everyone fanperson (who am i kidding, fanboy) raaaaaaeg

Also, I'm not jealous. Sex is just not part of love is all. Humans like to try to crush the two puzzle pieces together, but they wont fit, and they never fit.

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Owwin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:15 pm

Kuzodav
Not always true.
You could love someone, and as an extension of that love engauge in sex with them for a greater bond.

I'd like to point out that saying you can love your family and not bone them is bullshit as well. As we have biological stoppers to keep ourselves from ******** our relatives and ******** up the genetics of our children.

Also: With friends. Just because you love them doesn't mean your attracted to them to bone them.
My point proven. You love your friends, but don't want to bone them because you are not attracted to them. You love your family, but your biology stops you from being attracted to them. Romantic love was created based on the feelings of the emotion love, and the want for sex. They are two separate things that overlap.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:15 pm

Decavolty
Also, I'm not jealous. Sex is just not part of love is all. Humans like to try to crush the two puzzle pieces together, but they wont fit, and they never fit.
you have just never experienced love
you wouldn't understand

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

Owwin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:16 pm

Nomega
I am in love. I love all of my friends. I just don't want to ******** them.

Decavolty
oh noes astro boy is in color now everyone fanperson (who am i kidding, fanboy) raaaaaaeg

You're so full of stuck-up "all-knowing" bullshit about this topic.

Kuzodav

Orphie

Owwin
Orphie
What makes you say that?
Our culture believes in romantic love, based on feelings that come from endorphin release in the brain, these feelings have been proven to fade over time.

Some other cultures believe in arranged marriages based on star alignment and how compatible the couple is by age, interests, etc.

In both instances they are allowed to leave each other yet our culture and it's romantic love has higher divorce rates and more unhappy marriage rates.

So I believe in romantic love as much as I believe in astrological match making. Which is also dumb, but they take other things into effect for the arrangements.
Everything fades over time. If something was destroyed, like a forest or a city or a group of people, does that mean it never existed?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:17 pm

Owwin
Nomega
I am in love. I love all of my friends. I just don't want to ******** them.
no way that is not real love

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

Kuzodav

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:18 pm

Owwin
Kuzodav
Not always true.

My point proven. You love your friends, but don't want to bone them because you are not attracted to them. You love your family, but your biology stops you from being attracted to them. Romantic love was created based on the feelings of the emotion love, and the want for sex. They are two separate things that overlap.

The fact that they over lap means that there has to be some sort of correlation.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:19 pm

Orphie
Owwin
Orphie
What makes you say that?

Everything fades over time. If something was destroyed, like a forest or a city or a group of people, does that mean it never existed?
A forest is a tangible thing. Romantic love is a way to explain the feelings of sex and caring together, just like religion explained creation before we knew how that happened.

Owwin

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:19 pm

Orphie
Owwin
Orphie
What makes you say that?

Perhaps...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:20 pm

Love in not a singular emotion. I love Kuzo in a different way from the way I love my girlfriend, or Hot Pockets.

There is no such thing as romantic love, I would posit. There IS a kind of love that you feel for an individual that you could classify as romantic love.

Allegro

Owwin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:20 pm

Kuzodav
Owwin
Kuzodav
Not always true.

The fact that they over lap means that there has to be some sort of correlation.
Every emotion overlaps, but it isn't some mystical once in a lifetime bond that makes fairy tales come true. It is the drive of sex, and the feelings of caring.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18946 18947 18948 18949 18950 18951 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games