Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:33 pm
In order to save myself the grief of always editing posts I'll just post my idea in a second post, which is in no way a double post. A while back I used to have my own little slab of heaven in the OOC subforum. I am thinking of either reviving or creating a new one with the same general purpose: me being me and owning the pants. wahmbulance Like a feminist rant column in the local newspaper. Some-time soon probably.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:46 pm
Tanakietsu
You think you're ancient? cool

Edit: I'm getting tired of bringing this up. Last time - I swear.

xp You ONLY beat me by a month or so...XD, Mr. Captain #2!

How are you? surprised  

xXKyousukeXx

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:22 pm
It'd be for any language it's so that you yourself can practice and that's why the english translation at the bottom...but I'm still thinking about it...*kicks it around for a bit more* I really do want to do it but it'd be slower than most and I'm afraid it'd get second paged really easily...

*pokes Kyou* Welcome back!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:37 pm
I'm all for multilingual, as long as it uses basic roman alphabet(english letters), since many computers may not be able to support certain foreign fonts(namely me, with most languages). It needs to be Unicode, in short...or romanized. (eg. Japanese, Chinese etc. would be do-able but in Romanization)

So we don't get a bunch of boxes... evil

(Thankies!!! Glad to be back!!)  

xXKyousukeXx

PFDiva

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:37 pm
Boxes are bad, but that's a really cool idea. I would totally join, EKA. Maybe we should start with a miniature on in the OOC section, to see how people take to it, or just make the plot very basic?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:45 pm
Yeah, I'd like to take up that multilingual RP challenge. Go random brain farts!

I'm not really worth a lot, probably an estimated 500k at most.

*gluggle Cobalt*

Hmmm . . .I need sugar . . .  

Gale OverDrive

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:51 pm
xXKyousukeXx
Tanakietsu
You think you're ancient? cool

Edit: I'm getting tired of bringing this up. Last time - I swear.

xp You ONLY beat me by a month or so...XD, Mr. Captain #2!

How are you? surprised

I'm faring alright, since last we spoke many things have happened - I am now living in Italy with my girlfriend and daughter. How have you been mon capiton numero 3? And don't forget. I'm still the reason you were able to join a month later. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:48 pm
i totally want to do a multilingual RP! and even if you don't know a second language well enough, you could just use google translator. it's the best thing in the world.
(in case you don't know how to use it, go to google homepage. then go to language tools. scroll down and it should be pretty obvious where you type it in. you select what language you're writing in and what language you want it translated to and it does it! neato!)
Examples:
French- Votre bébé est beau. Il doit être adopté.
Portugese- Saio do meu carro, e levar essas máquinas de lavar roupa com você!
Chinese (Simplified)-这个香蕉是坚持了我的鼻子。
(Traditional)-這個香蕉是堅持了我的鼻子。
Dutch- De lift is kapot. Heb je een vriend?
Italian- Io non apprezzare la stalked in questo momento. Vi preghiamo di riprovare più tardi.
Korean-나는 내 자녀의 손실이 부 가가 치세. 물고기가 그것을 밖으로하시기 바랍니다.
Japanese-この冷蔵庫の移動手伝ってくれました。

they are not all the same sentance, mind you  

HephaestusOS

PFDiva

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:11 pm
I know my baby is cute--he doesn't have to be adopted! *cuddlesqueezes my teddybear* And part of the point of a multilingual RP would be to practice your language skills. Also, I don't know if you know this, but a lot of times, things are either translated too literally or not literally enough. And I plan on translating my posts literally, then how they're meant to be read.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:43 pm
Eeh I don't know languages well enough to produce anything interesting, but it'd be fun to read some french posts to brush up my french (if I would write them they'd look really funny xD). But I love the idea!

I haven't really RPed too many males yet, should really try it... but *shrug*

*tries the tektek thingy* ninja

Welcome back Kyo heart

And what a pace they're releasing the cash shop items with eek I have a feeling that sooner or later all new items will be cash shop items and everything will cost money on Gaia. Blegh.  

Mou

Eloquent Conversationalist

AlwynRowanwind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:30 am
i doubt it gaia was made on it being free thats why ppl like it  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:23 am
Alright! I'll set it up this afternoon! It'll just have a really basic plot like your completely typical tavern scene type thing that everyone's done a zillion times...As for avoiding red boxes of doom, I'd say as best you can use the roman alphabet. Later I might write a post out by hand in hiragana/katakana and scan it in as an image, but other than that *shrugs*  

Electric Kool-Aid

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:46 am
Doop doop de-doop.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:22 am
XD Lots of welcoming!

PLEASE don't use google translator...if you're going to be a part of the multilingual, I recommend that you use something you are personally familiar with. The main reason being Google Translator SUX! Horrible translation...especially with anything BETA....I mean, dialects can easily be translated, it's just a matter of making sense. A figure of speech in one language won't necessarily make sense in another... sweatdrop

I've really only got Full french and some Japanese, although I could hold my own enough in it... eek razz  

xXKyousukeXx

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:50 am
Indeed . . . the russian phrase "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak" once went through a translation program to become "The vodka is good, but the meat is rotten."

Though if you are not careful, this could become the 'We speak more than you do club.' sweatdrop  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games