Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sculpted - art + craft guild
Introduce Yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Asphyxiana

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:31 pm
Stevienie, 22, Canada

I've been drawing my whole life, animator, love designing and recently got into felting and Shibori.

I'm In a 4 year fashion art program with the weakness of major procrastinator.

All my work can be found for now on my facebook page...and I have a old picture from 2004 in the art arena =D

Yay! I'm looking forward to learning some crazy things~  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:04 pm
Hi ya all! Thanks, first of all, for the great honor to be with all of you Gaias that reek with talent at such youthfilled ages! I only hope I can be of some help to you.

I live on a beautiful island by Seattle Washington, and foster two grandkids. I'm probably as old as all of you put together - and I posted the very first recipe for "Clay Dough" on the internet.
(Bite that, Martha Stewart!)

I'm a professional concrete finisher and sculptor, but I really love clay.
Presently I'm enrolled in two pottery classes, and I teach art for at-risk
junior high kids. I've been working on tiny polymer rosebuds lately. No pics yet.

I've been envisioning an art product that's somehow "eco-friendly-green".
Alexander Calder is my favorite artist.

GrannyD

squeeniverse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:55 pm
Hi! I'm a 26 year old Cari. I live in Florida (bleh). I knit and sew and hopefully start making ball joint dolls soon. I would love to learn how to crochet as well. I like making cute things. I'm going to try my hand at amigurumi (spelling?) and making felt dolls. There's just so little time in which to try everything.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:08 pm
*waves* HI! Thanks, you guys, for letting me join!
I'm Tiffany. I'm 22 and in America.

I have been doing art since I was 3, but I've only been sculpting since I started college, so for about four years now--I'm about to graduate!!
I started when I took my 3-D design class, and it was then that I decided I had to have more and have been taking classes ever since--both sculpture classes and ceramics.

I really like to work with the figure, so this it shows up in a lot of my work--3-D and 2-D. I guess you could call this a specialty?
I have been doing a LOT of casting the past few of semesters--glass, paper, clay slip-casting, plaster, metal. I really like the reproductive nature of casting--which links itself to the Printmaking emphasis of my Studio Art degree.
I really like working with plaster because of the great versatility of medium. I work with the plaster we have in the studio, which is just a construction white plaster, so nothing fancy there.

A big weakness that I have is procrastination. I am not the most timely with my assignments. Which leads to long and late studio hours at the end of the semester.
Sculpturally, I would say that I have a weakness in the dealing with the face, which is something that I am working on. I get around this in my sculptures, sometimes I will work in ways around not including it, or go about it differently--such as when I was creating an plaster figure on a wire frame by building up and then carving and shaping, I created the face out of clay the way I wanted it, made a plaster mold, and cast the face in plaster to attach to my figure's head.
Another weakness that I have in carpentry. My wood skills aren't too great, but they are getting better.

Currently, I don't have links to my work, but I am in the process of photographing them for record (and eventual graduate school applications), so when I do, I will certainly post some.  

a7r0p05

squeakygirl

6,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:59 am
Hi, my name is Squeakygirl (alright, thats a nickname from someone at my church). I am 28 and live in the land of hurricanes; why older people want to retire here I have no idea.

I've always loved art. In 3rd grade I made an angel holding a baby for my mom (mom had a stillborn baby the year before I was born)...this was the angel that takes care of her. smile

I took my 1st art class in 6th grade, and then throughout high school. My favorite thing though is to sculpt - although I can't anymore without a kiln.

I've tried drawing and need to re-teach myself to do this. I have painted some sand dollars and have sold a few. This is one of my dog Roxie

User Image

I would like to find the time to make a reborn baby doll ((these can be found on ebay, just enter "reborn baby" )). They are collectible dolls that have been completely re-born...new hair, paint and all. This one is by Captured Moments Nursery:
User Image

I would also like to make a One of A Kind baby (sculpted)...these are also on ebay. This is by Precious Dreams:
User Image

I will post post more stuff after I am able to gets pics of the stuff at my mom's house.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:26 am
Hi, everyone!
I'm Liz, I'm 22, and from New York. I'm very into fiber crafts, mostly knitting and crocheting. But I also like trying new stuff, so I've done a little spinning, needle felting, scrapbooking, cardmaking, and little of this, a little of that. But I love crochet the best, so I found my way to amigurumi about two years ago. I'm a big anime/video game fan, and a joke I made led me to crochet a doll of Kratos, from the God of War games (I called him Krochetos, bwa-ha-ha). I gave it to my mom for Christmas last year. Then I decided to make my brother the Bride from Kill Bill. Then it just kept rolling, and now I have a list of characters to crochet (Medusa from Pet Shop of Horrors, Starfire from Teen Titans, Misa and L from Deathnote, and the ultimate challenge: Master Chief from Halo). I think part of my interest is because I cosplay, and as I'm making my own costumes, I kinda think, "How can I crochet this wig?" Anyway, I hope to make some new friends in here, and I can always learn a thing or two. Nice to meet you all!  

effycrush

[ Danger Woman ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:44 pm
Greetings everyone! @ w @

The name's LinZ and I'm a 22 year old ceramics major at Kansas State University. I used to be a sculpture major until I just recently changed my major during my senior year due to a slight preference for mud slingin'. ;D

Mostly, I do handbuilding and I tend to concentrate on figural pieces.

I don't really have pictures of my portfolio just yet as I'm a poor college student and have yet to buy a fancy schmancy digital camera. You can find my work at my deviantart account---but its filled with really old works so its not exactly the best portrayal of my potential. redface

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:03 pm
I'm 24 and I am from B.C Canada
I've been into arts and crafts since I was old enough to hold a crayon.

Not sure what got me started exactly. It's just something i came to love naturally. However it was my great grandmother who got me into beading.

My specialties are many thing, some more of art then crafts. Crafts that I do well at are bead looming, beading necklace and other jewley, dreamcatchers, making things out of recycled bits and peices, painting, and glueing.

My craft weaknesses are wire work, the occashional fight with the sewing machien (why do you jam on me so?!), and polymare clay is a new medium to me.  

Haya Plum

1,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Iki-ilo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:13 pm
Hallo everyone!

I'm 24 and you can call me Iki or Sarah, whichever you prefer (or whatever you remember, probably Iki). My grandmother got me into crafts at an early age, when we would often be painting figures, creating those kid-stained-glass window hangers, or our favorite activity of the time, decorating clothing. I had a Halloween hat and sweatshirt that had lights on it...and I thought I was awesome. whee I might wear it this year, if I can fit into it, I think I can!

When I was about 20, I got into cake decorating, and now my favorite activity is cake, especially cupcake, decorating, though I'll never turn down experimenting with other desserts. ^.^

So anyway, college (and grad school) got in the way of my non-food crafting, though I was gifted a sewing machine from my grandmother about halfway through, and I was known to make matching pj pants and pillow sets for friends, just for an excuse to use the machine for quick projects. I also have a lot of unfinished knitted scarves...I should really finish those. sweatdrop

Now that I am done with school, I have fallen in love with felt plushies, and I am starting to learn how to make them. My hand sewing still isn't fantastic, but I have been looking at (and for) tutorials to help me improve.

I tend to get anxious and stressed out easily, and having a craft that I enjoy really helps me to relax at the end of the day, so I hope to have the hang of hand sewing by the time I get hired on somewhere (which should be soon, oi), since decorating cupcakes doesn't get along with my diet, so I can only do those for occasions or when requested.

Any links to hand sewing (relevant to plushie making, especially) tutorials, or any really helpful plushie tutorials are always welcome in my PM box!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:32 pm
basic details like your age and country

I'm 23, from Adelaide, South Australia.

how long you've been into sculpture and craft

I used to use polymer clay a lot when I was younger. My aunt used to do a lot of pottery, but she also made smaller things with Fimo clay. Whenever we visited our cousins, she would let us use her clay.

I've only just recently gotten back into it. I was cleaning out a few boxes in my room, and I came across some of the figurines I made years ago, so I decided to take it up again.

My mom has been giving me lessons in cake decorating, which is similar to clay modelling, except instead of using clay, we use sugarpaste (fondant). I've attempted to make flowers in clay, but clay sticks together a lot more than sugarpaste, so it's hard to keep the petals from sticking to each other.

what got you started in it

My aunt got me interested in clay, and my mom got me interested in cake decorating.

what you consider your specialties/weaknesses

My specialties in clay would be small figurines, usually bunnies or bears. And for cake decorating, I would say roses or frangipanis.

links to your work

This is just a couple of my recent creations. I'm still getting the hang of making these.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Issabee

totaltilt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:28 am
basic details like your age and country :
15,ireland

how long you've been into sculpture and craft:
well i always drawed,but i just sort of started sculpting.

what got you started in it:
I bought a peice of playdo,Boom.

what you consider your specialties/weaknesses :
well my specialties would be Basic shape and painting.weaknesses would be detail and armatures.

links to your work:none yet sad

thanks for letting me join!.
i love sculpting and molding,if you dont really know exactly what
molds are go to THIS website,its
very cool.
I will try to post as much pics as i can and i will start a thread as soon as i
do.

rofl Thankies!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:13 pm
Hello, world!

I'm whis (no caps, please 3nodding ). I live in Maryland, USA. I luff drawing, but aren't that good at it and am not consistent sweatdrop . I'm pretty young (but not that young) and I love, basically, all kinds of arts and crafts. Right now, I'm into felt stuff, but I'm also doing origami and dabbled in pepakura for a while. My bad point? Jewelry. Or sticking to one thing. stare . Anyways, it's nice to meet everyone!

whisperedxnothings

Anneko

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:40 am
Hi! I'm Anneko. I'm a college student and crafter in California. I love knitting, plush making, theatrical costuming (and mask-making), creative baking/cookery, and 2D art as well. I also enjoy scrapbooking (though sadly I never seem to get around to it...), clay (not really my forte, but fun), and for a while I was into jewelry making, though I didn't get good at it. It was kind of fun, but I'm happy to have moved onto other crafts. I also like origami-- I don't do it very often, but it can be lots of fun.

I just finished a major costuming project for theatre crafts using found objects, and the project I'm embarking on now is Rabu Sushi, a collection of plush sushi and onigiri. My first was an onigiri that I now use as a pincushion when I make other plushes, and I'm working on making a sushi pincushion for my brother, sushi fan and fellow crafter. He's a clay sculptor (he's also worked in wood, metal, and plasterwrap) who is beginning to get into plush making.

In addition to Rabu Sushi, I continue to knit and also make little character plushies. Once I can get my pictures up, I'll start sharing them!

=^__^=
Anneko  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:39 am
Hallo! I'm Em. :3
I'm a freelance artist (and soon-to-be-barmaid, haha).
I love making models, jewellery and charms, mostly with Fimo.
I adore cooking and baking in general, and making plushies and pillows for friend is also fun.

I once had a job doing makeup as an extention to the art position I had in a sort-of-family business based in Japan. Sometimes I got to help with photo shoots too, which was fun. x3

But back to Crafts, which I'm sure you're more interested in xD
Unfortunately I have an AWFUL camera, so anything I post will be a bit, well, FUZZY. But I'll try my best not to make them an eyesore around here. :3

x3 I can't think of much else to put here right now so... Hopefully I can get to know you all anyway. :3

E=M

Star of Welkin

3,700 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:37 am
Hi! I'm Madzie. Or Maddie.
Doesn't matter. 3nodding
And 14.
In North Carolina.

I'm a randomness artist. I have phases and will do jewelry, felting, clay work, etc.
I love doodlings. My Math binder is full of 'em. whee
Oh! I like making people out of wires, too.

I like to bake cookies, cakes, mainly sweet things. I can make soup.
I thrive on cold cereal&milk.
As you can see, I have excellent skills in the kitchen. ninja

I love taking pictures of everything, but the camera-computer chord is...on an adventure and once it comes back I'll post some pictures of what I makes. biggrin

Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games