Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

SunshineDaisyGirl

Blessed Guildswoman

7,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:54 am
1. I have one bird. His name is Skye
2. John 3: 16, Proverbs 31 and Psalm 23
3. Proverbs
4. Non Denominational Christian
5. The United States of America
6. My favorite color is Purple
7. I am a work from home mom. I am going to Real Estate School while working as an Independent Consultant for Thirty-One Gifts.

Please, just call me Daisy.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:41 pm
SunshineDaisyGirl
3. Proverbs
7. I am a work from home mom. I am going to Real Estate School while working as an Independent Consultant for Thirty-One Gifts.

Hey Daisy! Welcome to the Guild. What kind of bird is Skye? I'm glad you can join us. Feel free to jump into any discussions or make one up yourself? My name is Matt if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. smile  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

SunshineDaisyGirl

Blessed Guildswoman

7,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:44 pm
Hamul
SunshineDaisyGirl
3. Proverbs

Hey Daisy! Welcome to the Guild. What kind of bird is Skye? I'm glad you can join us. Feel free to jump into any discussions or make one up yourself? My name is Matt if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. smile

Skye is a Parakeet. he's a sky blue color! And such a good bird! Thank you for welcoming me Matt! I'll be sure to ask you anything that might pop to mind smile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:58 am
Shukujo Kousetsu
Hi! My name is Jayne, but you guys can call me Audi.

1. I have three cats, Sally and her two kits Oliver and Selvester
2. I like alot of verses from the Bible, but I would have to say that Matthew 24:30-31.
3. My favorite book of the Bible is Revelations
4. I go to a Baptist church, but I cannot say that I'm a Baptist specifically because I like to dance! (no pun intended blaugh )
5. USA, but sometimes I really don't like the place...
6. I have three favorite colors: Purple, Pink, and Blue
7. I am a student at a community college and I work at the church for the childrens minister at my church on tuesdays.

welcome to the guild Jayne. ^^ I love the US. I think it is a great country, founded on
very good principles, and with tons of options not available to inhabitants of other countries. I miss living there. What kind of dancing style do you prefer?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:05 am
Abital
Sup Sup!

My name is Hazuki and I'm an East Coast kid in the U.S. of A. I have three cats - Paris, Nightlite, and LucanAsherTozerSmithAulenbach or "Lu" for short (he's my baby 4laugh ) all of which are rescues. Paris though.... she's a little crazy. I can sort of understand why she was abandoned - I love her though and I'm glad to have my awesome family of cats!

I am non-non-denominational. Ironically the non-denominational title has become somewhat of a denomination these days haha rolleyes I consider myself a lover of Christ and a Bible freaky chick. I am by not, never ever ever never ever ever never theological. Even the title "Christian" weirds me out due to the fact that so many who call themselves one have little or no connection to Jesus' lifestyle at all. I have a love for pure, unadulterated, untempered with truth. And man, does God give it to us in his Word. Have ya ever noticed just how raw he and Jesus get at times? No apologies from either of them, that's for sure. That trio rips you apart in the most beautiful way just to piece you into a masterpiece you never knew could exist.

I am a Youth With A Mission missionary who recently returned from a two month assignment in India *woot woot* It was kick as........... kick butt, lol. If that adventure taught me anything, it's that our God definitely is the only all-powerful loving God who definitely was and is and is to come. BOOM!

The Book of Hosea definitely grips at my heart. Man, it's just so overwhelming the lengths God goes to for those he loves. I also have Nehemiah 9:17-18 tattooed on my ankle - no, I do not have it memorized. What I do know from my heart is that it is an anthem for the relationship between God and man (really, the whole Bible is that anthem, but ya know what I mean). It's kind of like "Dude, no matter how many times you jack up the wave, the waves will keep on comin. There's nothin you can do to stop that divine flow." I.e. we can be idiot humans, but His love and mercy still rocks us every day without fail.

MAN! I'm a little psyched for a bit of conversation here in this guild. whee Thanks for your time, eh?

Hazuki "Abital", over and out

Hello Hazuki! I glad to you you with us, and to see how passionate you are for Christ! It is so awesome! There is a missionary from out here who travel to India a lot, ad he says it is getting harder to do missionary work in the country, that he encounters more hostility. What was your impression?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:14 am
Salted Lemon
Good morning :3

My name is Stephanie or Stephie, up to you what you call me 3nodding
I'm 24 years old, and attending college full time right now. Working towards an AAS in Web Design and Development.... so much technical stuff to learn @-@

I don't really have a favorite verse or book because even though Ive been raised on the Christian faith since day 1, Ive never really taken the time to read the bible in its entirety. I am working on that though, as I am in a Bible Study group that I randomly found by sitting with a girl at lunch one day because the cafeteria was full. Love how that works blaugh

I live in the United States, but hoping to live in Canada or Europe someday 3nodding

Aaaaand my favorite color is pink or orange. I also love sushi x]

Good morning, or evening, or what ever time it right now. ^^
Welcome to the guild! I've never had sushi. What type of sushi would you suggest
I try for my first time?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:18 am
Alfred Muffin
Greetings. My name is Jorge, I'm from Miami.

1. I have a dog named Honey, but I don't like her very much.
2. “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." Matthew 5:6
3. Between James and Ecclesiastes
4. Non denominational.
5. USA
6. Violet
7. I'm an unemployed student, but I like telling people that I'm a musician; I play guitar in my church's worship group.

Hello Jorge! Welcome to the guild!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:10 pm
Garland-Green
Shukujo Kousetsu
Hi! My name is Jayne, but you guys can call me Audi.

1. I have three cats, Sally and her two kits Oliver and Selvester
2. I like alot of verses from the Bible, but I would have to say that Matthew 24:30-31.
3. My favorite book of the Bible is Revelations
4. I go to a Baptist church, but I cannot say that I'm a Baptist specifically because I like to dance! (no pun intended blaugh )
5. USA, but sometimes I really don't like the place...
6. I have three favorite colors: Purple, Pink, and Blue
7. I am a student at a community college and I work at the church for the childrens minister at my church on tuesdays.

welcome to the guild Jayne. ^^ I love the US. I think it is a great country, founded on very good principles, and with tons of options not available to inhabitants of other countries. I miss living there. What kind of dancing style do you prefer?

Thank you! I'm sorry that you miss the US so much. I guess I'm a little bit of a brat when it comes to places of living. I really wish I could be in another country again. I used to live in Guatemala because my parents were called there to tell the Pocomchi, they are a group of people in Guatemala, about how Jesus came to free us from our sin. If I could go to another country again I would love to go to Japan or Israel, but there is so much tension around the world right now that I don't think I will be able too. I'm not the greatest dancer, but I do like ballet. It's so graceful and pretty. I wish I could dance like that, but I only know a little moves.  

Taikou Mitsuakai

Fashionable Paladin

9,400 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Battle: Knight 100

silvershadowedwings

Timid Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:23 pm
Hi! I guess you can call me silver xD
1. Name your pets
Tibi is my female tabby cat. Shadow is my female poodle/chihuahua dog, Vegas is my male poodle dog and their son Midnight (2/3 poodle, 1/3 chihuahua) xD

2. List your favorite Bible verse
this one is so hard I'll choose
"For by Grace are ye saved through Faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God; Not of works, lest any man should boast" Ephesians 2:8-9

3. List your favorite book of the Bible
this is a hard one as well, I'll choose John.

4. Your denomination/beliefs
Not sure on this one cuz I'm not part of any denomination, use to be Catholic a very long time ago. Anyways, now I believe everything in the Bible, and the Bible as the Word of God, and Jesus as my savior and best friend, but not my religion; so i guess thats why im not part of any denomination.

5. The name of your country
USA

6. Your favorite color
the rainbow xD

7. Your occupation
I'm a student at a community college  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:42 pm
OH HAI! biggrin

I'm Monica!
1. Name your pets
* I have no pet sad
* Collosians 3:17 (NIV)
"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
*hmm. idk. haven't thought of that
* non-denominational. I attend Victory Christian Fellowship, part of Every Nation
* I'm from Manila, Philippines
6. Your favorite color
* red
7. Your occupation
*a Finance major in college  

achi_meili

Newbie Noob

4,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100

jack0076970

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:01 pm
Hi everyone & thanks for the accept!

1. Name your pets - none... or at least no longer living.
"Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, And the fields yield no food; Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls; Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of My salvation." (Habakkuk 3:16,17)
At times when all seems lost or hopeless through circumstances out of my control... or worse still of my own straying, God is still God & he promised that He will never leave nor forsake me.

Matthew, Mark, Luke & John as they personally present Jesus.

I'm going to go against the non-denominational trend a little & say I am a bible believing Sabbath keeper (there are more than just the Adventists) - this may get me booted...

5. The name of your country - Australia
6. Your favorite color - the colour of the sky (when it's not raining)
7. Your occupation - computing  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:42 am
jack0076970
Hi everyone & thanks for the accept!

1. Name your pets - none... or at least no longer living.
"Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, And the fields yield no food; Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls; Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of My salvation." (Habakkuk 3:16,17)
At times when all seems lost or hopeless through circumstances out of my control... or worse still of my own straying, God is still God & he promised that He will never leave nor forsake me.

Matthew, Mark, Luke & John as they personally present Jesus.

I'm going to go against the non-denominational trend a little & say I am a bible believing Sabbath keeper (there are more than just the Adventists) - this may get me booted...

5. The name of your country - Australia
6. Your favorite color - the colour of the sky (when it's not raining)
7. Your occupation - computing

Hello, and welcome to the guild. No, it is not going to get you booted.

Romans 14:5
One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind.

Mostly the problem I have with Seventh Day Adventism is their exclusivity, and their claim to be the remnant church. How they view Christianity as apostizied and that we have the mark of the beast by worshiping on Sundays.

Motive for keeping the Sabbath is everything.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:26 pm
1. Name your pets
Rikku - DSH Cat, Black & White Tuxedo
Duke Ellington - DSH Cat, Black & White Tuxedo

Psalm 150
Praise the Lord!
Praise God in His sanctuary;
Praise Him in His mighty firmament!
Praise Him for His mighty acts;
Praise Him according to His excellent greatness!
Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet;
Praise Him with the lute and harp!
Praise Him with the timbrel and dance;
Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes!
Praise Him with loud cymbals;
Praise Him with clashing cymbals!
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord!

Old Testament - Genesis... Although I also like the Psalms, and the story involving Balaam with the talking donkey in the book of Numbers is a fun read.
New Testament - Romans... I think there's a lot of good things to be said about Saint Paul's writings in general about how followers of Christianity, regardless of denomination, should respect each other's beliefs. [i.e. What I believe is right and good for me. What someone else believes is right and good for them.]

Roman Catholic... As for a general idea of my beliefs, I don't take everything written in the Bible literally as if it just fell out of the sky fully formed. I believe they were inspired by the Holy Spirit, but we should be mindful that they were physically written by humans that would be limited by their understanding of things in their era thus everything should be read while being mindful of the context in which it was written and what was occurring at the time.

My favorite of the Catholic saints is St. Francis of Assisi, who is the patron saint of animals and nature [along with some other things.] I volunteer with a cat rescue and have unfortunately seen a kitty that ultimately died as a result of abuse/neglect.

United States

6. Your favorite color
Forest Green

7. Your occupation
Caregiver for the elderly  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:15 pm
1. Gaia name/Nickname: Hordecore Pwnography/ You may call me Rad or Aly (I am a girl- I know my Avi's Gender throws people off/ It's my husbands)

2. Beliefs/Denomination: I am a Christian, I go off the G 12 vision. We are more evangelistic.

3. Favorite scripture/book of the Bible: Jeremiah 29:11 (The MSG) This is God’s Word on the subject: “As soon as Babylon’s seventy years are up and not a day before, I’ll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

4. Pets: I have none sadly, but I want a Dog<3

5. Hobbies: Drawing (though I am not as good as the famous ones), I love to play video games, and Serve God.

6. Occupation: As of right now, just focusing on becoming a pastor (which is really soon)

7. Your favorite color: I love Red <3 but I love all the colors

A side notes: I am 19, I am Married to my wonderful husband for almost a whole year now. Like I said before I am going to be a Pastor Soon. I can answer any and all questions you need to know about God or the bible <3

And I am from USA, I live in Yuma, Arizona.

Hordecore Pwnography

Friendly Smoker

MsTrueSaint

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:51 pm
My Name is Sarah ^-^

I deleted my Facebook account but you can find me on YouTube.com/MsSarahJoseph (I'm always on)

I like making new friends so feel free to add me and don't mind if I add you! :3

You can see a picture of me on my profile (and I will continue to post more)

My mother is Jamaican and my father is Trinidadian. 3nodding

I joined this guild a few days ago.

Favorite color: Currently yellow but it always changes! xD

Favorite Bible verse: Matthew 5:29 "If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell."

The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games