Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
For those who Dislike Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate resident evil 4
  Yes
  No
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:58 pm
He was killing Spanish people. Bush doesn't know the difference. To him they're all Mexicans.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:19 am
SPEAKING of Kingdom Hearts and Resident Evil 4... If you guys haven't seen this yet. Do it! Now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b8G8delDlk  

Biohazard EXTREME

Lisa Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:58 pm
LOL that was Ark Thompson funny

We should do one like that for the entire Resi series  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:38 pm
if i had the time i would love to make a series like that  

Kal GL

Celestial Fox Frenzi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:51 pm
The only reason I play RE4 anymore is so I can bust people in the head and think of new ways to kill a**-ley.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:53 pm
Lisa Trevor
LOL that was Ark Thompson funny

We should do one like that for the entire Resi series

It was actually a stand up act. Here's the original, and it's better than the crappy dub whoever made the video did ( what with the MSN noises).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZsDUSxK5Fs  

Biohazard EXTREME

Lisa Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:51 pm
If we could get this guy to rant about how bad Resi 4 is then that would rock twisted  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:56 am
Nobody's gonna rant about RE4 unless they're a hardcore fan of the original series.
I think that's the sad thing, is that the vast majority of people don't care.

I was reading the Wiki page on Parasite Eve 2, and it said that the game received criticism for having 'dated' controls like Resident Evil, as opposed to games where it's easier to move around like Super Mario 64.
I think a blood vessel popped at how ignorant that statement was.
Personally, I liked Parasite Eve 2 better than 1, and it was BECAUSE of the controls. They turned an RPG into a Survival Horror/RPG. Which was what Capcom turned Resident Evil into with RE4. The only difference is, Parasite Eve headed in the right direction. And at least you couldn't Upgrade your weapons to unrealistic parameters. They had different types of ammo, that's what gave that game it's 'upgrades'.
Either way, I think the best decision Squaresoft ever made was making Parasite Eve 2 the way it was, and the worst one was not making a proper sequel with the same control scheme. (instead they're making a third one for cellphones)

Capcom, meanwhile... Ugh... The best decision THEY'VE ever made was remaking the first Resident Evil. The worst one was Resident Evil 4. And it just seems to me like it's not gonna improve much in RE5. If only the storyline and lack of Leon. But still. No zombies... No Umbrella the way it was... No static cameras and controls that the noobs can't handle... And based on the RE5 trailer, no horror. I mean, it looks intense, but not scary. I guess the T-Virus has been eradicated and Resident Evil as we loved it is dead, and won't be coming back as a zombie.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Celestial Fox Frenzi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:13 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Nobody's gonna rant about RE4 unless they're a hardcore fan of the original series.
I think that's the sad thing, is that the vast majority of people don't care.

I was reading the Wiki page on Parasite Eve 2, and it said that the game received criticism for having 'dated' controls like Resident Evil, as opposed to games where it's easier to move around like Super Mario 64.
I think a blood vessel popped at how ignorant that statement was.
Personally, I liked Parasite Eve 2 better than 1, and it was BECAUSE of the controls. They turned an RPG into a Survival Horror/RPG. Which was what Capcom turned Resident Evil into with RE4. The only difference is, Parasite Eve headed in the right direction. And at least you couldn't Upgrade your weapons to unrealistic parameters. They had different types of ammo, that's what gave that game it's 'upgrades'.
Either way, I think the best decision Squaresoft ever made was making Parasite Eve 2 the way it was, and the worst one was not making a proper sequel with the same control scheme. (instead they're making a third one for cellphones)

Capcom, meanwhile... Ugh... The best decision THEY'VE ever made was remaking the first Resident Evil. The worst one was Resident Evil 4. And it just seems to me like it's not gonna improve much in RE5. If only the storyline and lack of Leon. But still. No zombies... No Umbrella the way it was... No static cameras and controls that the noobs can't handle... And based on the RE5 trailer, no horror. I mean, it looks intense, but not scary. I guess the T-Virus has been eradicated and Resident Evil as we loved it is dead, and won't be coming back as a zombie.

Well... Actualy, the way I see it is that these remote places being changed like they are... Maybe... just MAYBE... They're planning on makeing the whole world a T-Virus infested area?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:31 pm
I doubt it. Either way, RE4 has been released, so the damage is done.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Byouma Neko

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:52 pm
Resi 4 was disappointing in the Resident Evil series because it wasn't really a Resi game. I like the game itself, particularly the aiming system and I even quite like the new camera position. I'm hoping that Resi 5 will have the good things of Resi 4 with the old survival horror element of the old games. I shall continue to hope this until proved horribly horribly wrong apon the release of the game.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:02 am
What pissed me off was the lack of scary atmoshere. In RE the S.T.A.R.S were trapped in a dark scary mansion, infested with zombies and other monsters. The game had a claustrophobic feel to it.
In RE2,3 Outbreak 1 and 2 you were trapped in a city full of the undead and viral mutants. You were surrounded and out gunned by these monsters. This made great storylines.
RE4 it is not very scary, it is like Doom 1 and 2, youj are given shitloads of guns and nearly unlimited ammo, damage is unrealistic (you get hit by a rake and you lose a tiny section of health when in real life you woukd have been left reeling from the blow and bleeding badly. The lack of poison sucked, and unlike the other resi games there are hardly any dark areas. All the areas are conveniantly bright for you and that just lessens the overall game experience.  

Lisa Trevor

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:53 pm
The problem is that RE4 tried to be way too many things that it's not.

The guns upgrade system was an RPG element, much like the weapons upgrade in Final Fantasy VIII (And Leon's appearance doesn't help either.)

I mean, the radio conversations were an obvious attempt at Metal Gear Solid. Same with the binoculars that you actually get to use all of what? ONE TIME?
They even broke the fourth wall much like Kojima does all the time. The difference is that it's Kojima's gimmick. The characters will break away from the plot to acknowledge that you're controlling them etc. It's a quirk. And when done enough times, it became Kojima's style.

With RE4, it was like, "I'm sending you a playing manual." Then absolutely nothing after that. It was like, "What the hell? You're gonna break the fourth wall which was NEVER done in RE before, and only gonna do it once?"

I guess this can classify RE4 as pretentious, too.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:47 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
SPEAKING of Kingdom Hearts and Resident Evil 4... If you guys haven't seen this yet. Do it! Now!

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b8G8delDlk

"Jump, gypsy!" XD

Now, this hasn't been brought up much, but I say it adds to the unrealisticness of RE4. Question: where's that ungodly large case that can hold five handguns, three shotguns, two magnums, a rocket launcher, and a few grenades? Does Leon have it stuck up his godmoding a** or something?  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:19 pm
Hilarious Vid... the MSN noises had me reeeally confused. I thought someone was talking to me... alas... I was all alone... emo

twisted  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games