Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
Royal Broil Chalice Palace ~The RP~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:40 pm
Apparently not hearing a single word of his companion's reply, Sir waved down a passing servant for another drink.

"Tough place to rule all of, Byako is. Good thing queen's kingdom is small-like, eh?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:46 pm
She let it pass that he had not paid attention to what she had said. After sipping on her cider she replied. "Yes, it is good, the city its self is quite large for one person to have control over."  

Gracesan

Fuzzy Mitten Mistress

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:15 pm
The entrance halls massive door opened wide by the royal guard and a page used a mega phone to announce her. "Presenting lady Rooj of the Ruler family." Stepping into the hall was the avian anthro. Now dressed in a simple dark dress with a coronet on her head. "I have come to declare my right to the throne."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:30 pm
Eve slowly walked through the front doors. She puffed at the few strands of hair that had already fallen out of her bun and straightened her bright dress. She walked gracefully towards Her Royal Ladyship. The nobles already here looked quit bored. It seemed that not many competitors had shown up for the main event. 'Well, ' she thought, 'I might as well get this over with.' She walked that last few feet to the throne and made a sweeping bow while saying loudly, "I am Lady Eveangelen Nicole Rose. It is an honor and pleasure to be able to meet you, Your Royal Ladyship. You seem to be in good health, Grand Duchess. Would you be up for a game of cards later, Your Supreme Ruler? No, well, I will see later when this contest of yours gets going."  

Eveangelen

Shadowy Capitalist

Gracesan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:34 pm
Sousha watched the entrance of the latest two competitors, smiling to her self.
"Sir, it appears that we finally have some more competition, this might get quite fun yet." She said with a laugh.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:03 pm
Tassia walked tentatively into the palace, wondering just where she was supposed to go. She wasn't even truly sure why she was there, only that her mother wished for her to go. That...and there was a promise of strawberry cake when it was finished.

Asking a few servants helped and soon she found herself led to where there were a number of people. She arrived just in time to hear the latest announced and then looked apprehensive. This wasn't quite what she expected at all. For starters, she was tiny...barely reaching five feet! How would anyone ever see her?

But she sighed and then turned to whisper into the herald's ear. As she straightened, "Presenting Lady Tahassia Segorge, daughter of Count Kerold and Countess Tay'sia."

With that Tassia gracefully made her way towards the throne, where she curtseyed deeply to the Dowager Grand Duchchess, "Your Ladyship," she mumbled with her eyes cast downward. When she moved off she knew there was a faint flush in her cheeks, but she was immensely glad she had worn her best dark blue gown and the simple silver coronet at her brow.

She wondered who all else was there and just what was to happen now.  

Naris_malem

Gracesan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:06 pm
Sousha watched this newcomer before turning, "Sir, I'll be back in a moment." She gave him a nod as she moved off. Gliding her way through the other noble, who were milling around, she reached where the new competitor was standing.

"Hello there, I'm Sousha and you look like your unsure of what is going on here." She stated, trying to be friendly.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:54 pm
The doors slammed open once again with great force as an incredibly bored man in a tailcoat made his way into the hall. Sure, he was wearing a finely embroidered tailcoat and was fresh as a daisy, but he still had an overall air of grubbyness even when dressed up for some inexplicable reason. It was probably the shaggy head of hair and clawed fingertips. Or just the fact that he'd barged in, walking straight past the gala announcer.
"Ahem!" coughed the man, waving his megaphone.
The aristrocratic werewolf turned and scowled at him. "What?" he intoned, unamused.
The announcer unfurled a list of names on a scroll, raised the megaphone to his mouth and began to read. "Presenting-" he began, but was stopped by the new guest snapping his fingers immediately and pushing the scroll down.
"Do NOT use that name. Parties never go well like that.. God, it's the stupidest.. just say Batim, leave the other name." He held his face in his hand, shaking his head, utterly mortified.
The announcer raised an eyebrow sceptically. "Are you sure this is you? Pardon me but this really doesn't seem to match your..." -he surveyed the guest up and down, noting his dog collar and inexplicable pastel yellow T-shirt underneath the jacket- "...personality."
The dark-haired man lifted his head again to fix him with a piercing glare, giving the other man a clear view of his slit red pupils. "Do you THINK I chose that NAME? You've got all your paperwork, I registered everything prior to the date HENCE WHY I'M ALREADY ON YOUR STUPID LIST! Is it TOO MUCH to ask that you don't blurt out such an embarrassing name PUBLICLY?!" He said all of this with the effort of trying to keep a hushed voice and also have a loud rant at the same time.
"Paperwork? Are you sure you don't mean pedigree?" snarked the announcer.
The werewolf snapped and pinned the guard up against the wall with a hand on his throat, his fangs bared even further in a grimace. "THAT'S NOT FUNNY!" he shrieked.
The spotlight turned to focus on him just as he was about to try and ram the megaphone down the spluttering announcer's throat. Concious of the eyes watching him, he dropped the man immediately. With a great effort he forced his face into a wide smile and turned to the crowd.
"What a delightful evening it is, my compliments to our host. And to my fellow candidates, it is certainly good to see you all well. Such pleasantries are custom, though fated are we to compete for the throne." And he took a deep bow before Her Ladyship and stepped into the hall with the others.
Looking back for a moment at the royal announcer, who was now cowering against the wall, he mouthed "I'll get you later, gormless" briefly before joining the other socialites.  

BlazingDan

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:15 pm
((First, a quick note: The first official Question of the contest is actually your character's introduction into the audience hall (as was stated in the official rules, hope everyone read those))
For the first Task, sorry I'm a little behind, but I will give everyone at least 24 hours to complete it, starting from when this note is posted.

Remember that for Tasks, you roll either one 10-sided die, or generate a random number from 1 to 10. Whatever you roll should be considered an indication of your character's success at the Task, and it will also be the number of points you will be awarded for the Task. Please RP the results, remember your character will not be 100% successful at it unless you roll a 10, a 5 is considered 50%.

Okay, so: The Task is: Socializing. Either idle chitchat, networking, or flirtation, with random nobility present in the audience hall. (Either other contestants or people you make up for temporary roles) Consider the roll you get to be a general overview of the total results; your character can be more successful in some conversations and less so in others, just so it averages out more or less the same.

(and yay to those of you who have already been socializing with each other)

(and yes, the Questions and Tasks will get more interesting, the first couple things are just for introductory purposes to see how your characters basically present themselves and socialize... or not, haha) )

Eveangelen generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 3!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:05 pm
Eve took a gulp of her wine she grabbed from the countless trays. She was surveying the room and contestants when loud yelling could be heard from the entrance. She cast a glance, and could not help but stare. The was a rather gruff looking man trying to shove a megaphone down the announcer's throat. She couldn't help but feel amused when the man turned to see everyone's attention on him. She snorted rather unladylike, but she didn't realized she had not swallowed her gulp when it spewed out and all over her dress. "Damn it!" She said loudly enough for the surrounding nobles to hear her. A meek smile spread across her face. "Excuse me," she politely said and made her way quickly to the wash.  

Eveangelen

Shadowy Capitalist

BlazingDan rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)

BlazingDan

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:19 pm
Batim snapped his fingers again to attract the attention of a passing waiter carrying champagne flute glasses. He quickly downed five of them, making sure no-one was watching. Really, you need a stiff drink if you're gonna have to be polite and courteous all evening. Shudder. Well, here goes nothing.
He turned to strike up a conversation with a small, tofty haired aristrocrat with a pair of opera glasses, but the man gave a little start and spoke first.
"Why, you unfortunate soul!" he cried. "You bear the marks of that most beloathed condition, lycanthropy."
Batim, who had just been about to make some vague comment about the weather, was peeved at this sudden interruption. "Well, yes I do. So what?" he replied, barely hiding his irritation under the fake politeness.
However, the other noble surprised him by flashing a small, rather pointed grin. He was, Batim noticed, wearing unusually thick gloves. He beckoned for the younger man to keep his voice down, and then whispered "Actually, me too. But I would never dare to be so open about it! Got attacked on a hunting trip in Sweden a few years back and no-one's cottoned on yet."
Batim blinked rapidly in shock. "Well.. what a pleasant surprise. I..um..err... good." he said lamely, unsure of how to phase 'OMGWTFBBQ' in precise edwardian english.
"Come, say hello to the wife!" invited the other noble werewolf happily. "Oh, and I enjoyed your little fight with the announcer earlier. Pompous git deserved a good thrashing."
And thusly Batim found himself suddenly initiated into the largest group of people talking near the middle of the room. This socializing thing was easier than it looked.  
Fuzzy Mitten Mistress rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:40 am
putting her etiquette classes to good use, Rooj glided across the hall without showing her feet as she approached a gathering of younger nobles. As she approached her peers, she caught snippets of their conversation.

"Good help is so hard to find these days." A young man said, in a tone of exasperation. A young lady who was wrapped around the mans arm sighed at this. "My servants spent all morning treating me like a dress up doll. Sometimes I wonder if were the servants from they way they treat us."

"You would do better to get yourself some slaves. They cost a little more in the short term but theirs little doubt about who is in charge since they must obey your other whim." Rooj commented as she joined the small gathering.

Her words sparked intrigue among her peers as they considered this line of thought and the advantages that outweighed the disadvantages.  

Fuzzy Mitten Mistress

Faulty Ambition generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 2!

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:17 am
Turning around to find his suddenly absent conversation partner, Sir Madam surveyed the room. His eye caught only a shortish man with claws and a yellow shirt giving the announcer what appeared to be a hug. "What jovial intimacy!" he cried out, turning to applaud, the freakishly large feather in his cap taking out about half of the remaining waiters and a handful of guests. One older gentleman in the corner of the room applauded this motion and shouted out, "Way to show them buggers who's boss!" Obviously this man was almost too senile to be here, but he approved of Sir Madam.  
Marsel_lilas rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:20 pm
((Urg. our internet went down for some reason. I'm just lucky my brother came home a little early so I can get on his laptop tonight))

Tassia was a little startled that someone actually started speaking with her. She flushed a little and look at the young woman. "Well Met Sousha. I normally go by Tassia. I avoid my birthname as much as I am able." she giggled slightly. A smile graced her lips as she glanced at the Hall again before giving her attention back to the one at her side. After a few moments she spoke once more.

"Yes, I only know that my mother wanted me to come. I have yet to understand what is going on. Perhaps you could tell me?" her voice was a little softer towards the end, but she didn't want to humiliate herself -or- her family in anything that was to happen.  

Marsel_lilas
Crew

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:59 am
((feel free to keep chatting with one another and with other random NPC-types, but here's the second Task smile )

Task 2: Order around some servants! Request more snacks or beverages, have them bring in your luggage, shine your shoes… I recommend trivial and/or meaningless orders, just for the fun of it.

((And you don't have to keep your characters in the audience hall, you can have them move to other nearby locations in the palace if you want, just so long as they can still be summoned for the upcoming luncheon!))

Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff