Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Mittalmar - Original Archives
Guild History: A Long Expected Guild Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:54 pm
Falathrim
You all claim that your education system sucks. I'm sorry, but it really can't get any worse than the American system.

Oh believe me, the British system is pretty appalling. sad  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:54 pm
Zurgiea
Falathrim
You all claim that your education system sucks. I'm sorry, but it really can't get any worse than the American system.

*raises hand* I don't claim mine sucks. Go Canadian education system. It really isn't all that bad, except for some problems here and there. And the stupid schools cutting the Gifted program.

That's what I was going to say. smile I don't really have a problem with our system at all. I'm glad Ontario finally got rid of grade 13 too. 3nodding  

Nimbrethil

Kazaera

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:03 pm
Falathrim
Caps lock makes Falathrim cry.

crying

See? Look what you did!

Awww *patses*
And Falathrim, I'm afraid I have to agree with you there. I've gone to school in both the US and in Germany, and, well... let's just say there is no doubt as to which I prefer sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:17 pm
Nimbrethil
Zurgiea
Falathrim

*raises hand* I don't claim mine sucks. Go Canadian education system. It really isn't all that bad, except for some problems here and there. And the stupid schools cutting the Gifted program.

That's what I was going to say. smile I don't really have a problem with our system at all. I'm glad Ontario finally got rid of grade 13 too. 3nodding

Yeah...stupid grade 13 xd My mom thinks I should take a year off before going to University though, since I'll be a year younger and not fully able to drive by myself...aheh.  

Zurgi

Menegil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:30 pm
Falathrim
Caps lock makes Falathrim cry.

crying

See? Look what you did!

I'm so sorry, Fal! I just wanted to express my anger towards the shitty educational system of my country, that possesses more obligatory years than any of Europe. WE MUST stay in school for some ********' and unbearable 12 years of angst. I'm in the 10th Year/Grade/Form/Whatever. We call it year here. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:35 pm
Zurgiea
Nimbrethil
Zurgiea
Falathrim

Yeah...stupid grade 13 xd My mom thinks I should take a year off before going to University though, since I'll be a year younger and not fully able to drive by myself...aheh.

I started University at 17. I think not being able to drink with your older friends is worse than not being able to drive! XD
The way I see it, though, you just finish up your degree that much earlier, which is a good thing.  

Nimbrethil

Zurgi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:45 pm
I'll start university when I'm 17, although I'll have just turned 17 that year.

My friend will be starting when she's 16 o.o; Seeing as she has a November birthday and she skipped a grade too.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:26 pm
Yeah America sucks. They tell us lies when we are kids then when we reach High School the tell us the "truth". Even in math. As kids they teach us that an X is a multiplication sign then we get to junior high and they taught us that nope it is actually a dot that means multiplication. It may sound strange but half of my class had trouble accepting this. So by the time we get to College we know half of what everone else should know. I am just glad that my school had a T.A.G. program. (Talented and Gifted) They taught us Algebra in fourth grade and we were fine with it, while my fellow classmates had trouble with it in ninth grade, which just shows that teaching us early is alot easier then waiting until we get to High School to teach the "hard stuff", as they call it. American Education systems are retarded. (My mom is a teacher, so no offense to anyone else's who's parents may be as well.)  

Onoj

Zurgi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:30 pm
I've been taught that a dot can be used, so can an x >_<  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:35 pm
Zurgiea
I've been taught that a dot can be used, so can an x >_<

First they taught us an x then told us that a dot is the way to do it. Now in math classes they will take off on our papers if we use an x as a multiplication sign. So I don't understand the point of teaching it and wasting time in the first place. Are we so stupid that we can't handle a freaking dot as apposed to an x in third grade on?  

Onoj

Nimbrethil

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:36 pm
I was taught to use brackets. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:38 pm
Brackets are your friend. Them and never using the 'x' because then you get it mixed up with 'x', as in 4x+2=50 3nodding  

curumo

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:38 pm
I've always been taught to use an x.

Off-topic: Just got a trunk in this thread. whee  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:43 pm
I've been taught dot, x, brackets. We can use whichever.

And to not get them mixed up with x as in 4x, you draw the x in there kind of curvy...yeah o.O  

Zurgi

Thaxul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:14 am
In primary school, we were told to use an X, then when i went to secondary school, Im in now, they taught us to use brackets, and dots..I dont really get confused.

and about the education systems, I think ireland has a pretty good one! 3nodding  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff