Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zurgi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:30 pm
Support Teams are typically incompetent, but the sad fact is, there are a lot of people who call in and those are their problems. They don't have an account, they misspelled something....all that.

MSN just won't work at all? Does it load the program, or does it just not let you sign in?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:40 pm
Zurgi
Support Teams are typically incompetent, but the sad fact is, there are a lot of people who call in and those are their problems. They don't have an account, they misspelled something....all that.

MSN just won't work at all? Does it load the program, or does it just not let you sign in?

It loads fine, I click sign in and then nothing happens... no error message comes up... nothing. It just keeps loading on the "signing you in" screen.

Like I said, i've tried everything. Installing newer and older versions, reinstalling Internet Explorer, trying to sign in on about 10 different accounts... It just won't work! It's as if they've banned my I.P address!

Khorkalba

Thaxul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:46 pm
Just switch over to AIM or YIM, Longbow.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:52 pm
thaxul
Just switch over to AIM or YIM, Longbow.

Its not as easy as that... sweatdrop Everyone I know uses MSN messenger.  

Khorkalba

SYFFER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:52 pm
Hmm I think that happened to me before. I suggest you do a full system scan (you can do one here http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ ), Then disconnect and reconnect your internet. If that still doesn't work, uninstall messenger and try finding a legitamate version like 6.2 on a trusted site like www.download.com
Try that and see what happens.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:53 pm
But AIM is the spawn of Satan/AOHell.

My friend had a similar problem, and for months we couldn't communicate on the computer. Then suddenly her MSN started working...
=/ Use your other computer?  

Caeleste

SYFFER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:55 pm
Do NOT get AIM. I tried it and it's so slow and corrupted that it just messed up my comp. I kept getting these viruses and when it turned out that AIM was their source.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:58 pm
SYFFER
Hmm I think that happened to me before. I suggest you do a full system scan (you can do one here http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ ), Then disconnect and reconnect your internet. If that still doesn't work, uninstall messenger and try finding a legitamate version like 6.2 on a trusted site like www.download.com

I have version 6.2. I downloaded it from the official MSN website. sweatdrop And i've tried the newer version than that. version 7.0 Beta. And this problem has been around since 2004. God knows how many full system scans and reconnections of my internet i've done since then.  

Khorkalba

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:59 pm
Alfirin IV
But AIM is the spawn of Satan/AOHell.

My friend had a similar problem, and for months we couldn't communicate on the computer. Then suddenly her MSN started working...
=/ Use your other computer?

But this one's a lot faster than the other one and has a much better graphics card. Also all of my files are on this one.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:00 pm
Longbow UK
SYFFER

I have version 6.2. I downloaded it from the official MSN website. sweatdrop And i've tried the newer version than that. version 7.0 Beta. And this problem has been around since 2004. God knows how many full system scans and reconnections of my internet i've done since then.
So you mean that it's not a virus or anything. That's weird. Sometimes MSN goes crazy and no one casn dign in but it's not like that right now cause I'm signed in. Just keep trying a whole bunch of different things I guess sweatdrop  

SYFFER

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:05 pm
SYFFER
Longbow UK
SYFFER

So you mean that it's not a virus or anything. That's weird. Sometimes MSN goes crazy and no one casn dign in but it's not like that right now cause I'm signed in. Just keep trying a whole bunch of different things I guess sweatdrop

I've tried everything I can think of... Like I said, it's almost as if they've banned my I.P address. stressed  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:06 pm
Longbow UK
SYFFER
Longbow UK
SYFFER

I've tried everything I can think of... Like I said, it's almost as if they've banned my I.P address. stressed
I can't give you any advise that's short of illegal so I guess you're on your own dude sweatdrop I'll back soon  

SYFFER

Zurgi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:08 pm
I don't know why everyone is saying there's tons of problems with AIM *pets her AIM* I've never gotten any viruses through it.

Longbow, I have no idea -___- If your virus system is up to date and it's not catching anything then there's not a virus, and if you've done spyware and adware checks as well then I have no clue.

Speaking of spyware and adware. If anyone is looking for a good program to catch them, for once, Microsoft has something good >_< Just go to their site. It's beta I think, but it's fabulous. It caught stuff that Ad-aware and Spybot Search & Destroy didn't catch. HijackThis catches everything, but I mean, it catches stuff you need on your computer and isn't exactly spyware, so yeah. Microsoft's new anti-spyware program is good 3nodding Windows Anti-Spyware.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:09 pm
Well, this is completely off topic...

The main characters in the novel I'm reading are about to do the freaknasty in a church, before going to break the guy's father out of jail.
Did I mention that those two go at it like rabbits - like every twenty pages? Oh, and there's indians. A whole lot of them. They're cool.

I've got to stop reading romance novels. I really must.  

Caeleste

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:11 pm
Zurgi
I don't know why everyone is saying there's tons of problems with AIM *pets her AIM* I've never gotten any viruses through it.

Longbow, I have no idea -___- If your virus system is up to date and it's not catching anything then there's not a virus, and if you've done spyware and adware checks as well then I have no clue.

Speaking of spyware and adware. If anyone is looking for a good program to catch them, for once, Microsoft has something good >_< Just go to their site. It's beta I think, but it's fabulous. It caught stuff that Ad-aware and Spybot Search & Destroy didn't catch. HijackThis catches everything, but I mean, it catches stuff you need on your computer and isn't exactly spyware, so yeah. Microsoft's new anti-spyware program is good 3nodding Windows Anti-Spyware.

I'll try that out. But like I said, this problem has been around since around September 2004 or something like that. God knows how many virus / spyware scans I've done since then.  
Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games