Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:23 pm
I miss playing Diablo... I think I only ever played the first one..
That, and Dungeon Keeper.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:36 pm
Protoss. The humans suck and the zerg look too ugly. I used the necro on diablo 2. Skeletons, golems and spells. Yeah.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Shinygami

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:38 pm
All I ever needed other than my summoning was bone spear. I would summon an iron golem with a barbarian weapon that was part of a set or something and sick it on Mephisto, Diablo, or Baal and I'd sit back and bonespear anything that tried to hurt me.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:54 pm
Maxed thorns paly, with max Holy Shield and Fist of the Heavens. My rush partner was a maxed Berserker with Battle Command and Leap. 3nodding I miss those days. We had another friend who was a fire sorc. Back then we did pretty well if I do say so myself. Of course we never played expansion, so we were pretty good.

I liked curse and poison necros to be honest.

Tanakietsu

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:57 pm
The guy I teamed with used an amazon. I'd stroll along, summon some skeltons if theres lots of enemies or an ever increasingly powerful golem if it was a boss. He ran at s**t and killed it.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:36 pm
Sounds like a good time!

I hope my application for that rp doesn't get rejected.

Tanakietsu

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:12 pm
I got accepted to the Icelantic project... I think. Now to wait and see.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:28 pm
Each race in Starcraft had their saving graces. Zerg were my fave for most aspects of attack . . . the sheer numbers of the Swarm suited me well. As for a defensive stance, nothing like Protoss Phase Cannons- damn I love those things. Set up a two-deep wall of cannons around my encampment, and I can rebuild just about as fast as anything might come at me.

Arbiters are nice too, but by far, I adored the Carriers. Set up a fleet of 12, max out intercepters, and then just cover them as they move into place and show the world what the Swarm is really meant to be like- a wave of utter destruction that inches along and leaves nothing in it's wake. twisted  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:52 pm
The original Warcraft games kicked RTS butt.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:24 pm
I wonder how many actually even played the original Warcraft I anymore.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:37 pm
I did! I'm a big RTS fan, in fact, my video gaming life was launched by Starcraft. And I'm surprised that we use the exact same strategies when using Protoss Magni. But let's not forget the Dark Templar's Mind Control ability, giving you the potential to use units and buildings from all the races.

I remember Warcraft I. That was when humans and orcs were the only playable races lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:49 pm
As I said, for utter defense, it is difficult to top the phase cannons. One stratagem that I used to win was to slowly advance, and at any resources, plant one pylon, surround it in cannons, and begin extraction. That usually keeps the enemies at bay until reinforcements arrive. Espically since trying to hit one cannon puts you in range of almost all of them. They hit one target, 5 or more targets hit them. I win. pirate

And leave us not forget that in Warcraft one, the sound files were identical for almost all units on any given side, and you could build walls to make archers/spearmen snipers with protection from some units.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:54 pm
Warcraft 2 was better than 1 and 3.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:59 pm
I think of WC1 as the prototype. A decent game for it's time and a good diversion for lack of something better to do these days. WC2 was a great game- no doubt about it. I could lose myself for hours in there. WC3 is again, a good diversion. Moving to 3D is difficult, so it is bound to lose some of it's charm. Still, the storyline evolves beautifully and I love it just the same.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:19 am
Interesting. Apparently, I'm going to the seventh level of hell when I die, with possible visits to the Malebolge and Cocytus.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games