Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:31 pm
*drags the space heater out of the basement and sets it up in front of Snowman* I know how you feel, I went of a walk today and couldn't feel my toes for the next 2 hours.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:43 pm
*gluggles EKA and hunches close to the heater, careful not to let himself melt*  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:42 pm
*puts hands in front of the heater*
God, even in California it's freezing!

Brrr . . .  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:58 pm
*Thinks about restarting his Diablo II account since he spent too much time off of it* Gonna have to rebuild Magnifico Mortis...  

Shinygami

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:01 pm
I understand that process.

I think it'll be fun, Yoder bossing me around in a rp! cool

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:29 pm
The craziest part is that I usually love cold weather. It's just that blasted wind.

Yes, quite fun. blaugh  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:46 pm
Here it's pretty windy too, but my issue was that I wore rubber rain boots and no socks...through snow...and they have no insulation so...it was a blonde moment, I admit, either that or it was me being pigheaded. Either way I paid the price.

incidentally, the coolest noise ever is the sound of rocks bouncing on a frozen lake. if you ever get the opportunity I highly suggest you take it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:14 pm
*Jabs Shiny with a linoluem knife* sorry if I seem retarded, but I havent seen my profile in the icelantic project since I sent it. Anything happening?  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:59 pm
Wow, that's worse than what I went through; I got paid for my pain! xp  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:25 pm
I got paid for annoying the hell out of people, asking them for money.

I quit that job before my brain could explode.  

Gale OverDrive

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:47 pm
my mom's a theatre prof. and so I ended up doing "theatre day camp" with kids who were supposedly between ages 6 and 12, but we found out after that fact that 3 of them were 5 years old and snuck in. But I did get paid which was good, even though it took them 3 months to pay me my $200 (and even then they took out $48 worth of taxes that I had to call them *shakes fist at the administration of the college*

but yeah, if I were a telemarketer, I'm pretty sure I'd shoot myself...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:15 pm
I'm glad I have a job here in Italy writing for the newspaper. As well as the fact that I'm still in the process of being published. Being a writer is kick-arse.  

Tanakietsu

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:33 pm
Ooo! I wouldn't mind being a writer for living. That'd be pretty sweet. What journalist do you like Tana?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:39 pm
I don't pick favorites from the people who have gone the path of writing before me. They're all magnificent in their own perspective - so it's truly cruel to choose. I don't even have a favorite author.

The author I resepct the most is obviously the famous Shakespeare. He is hated nationwide (in America) by high schoolers. To cause so much feeling through his work [although negative], he owns my respect. Also, his work is amazing to an extent that goes beyond many writers.

As for journalists, I'm still getting used to the world of journalism and columnists. If you can deal with the publisher's stress inducing deadlines, writing is a great career. It's kind of hard to get a jump-start though. It's a long and tiring process getting your stuff out there - as many people are trying to accomplish the same task. After the initial publication it's much much easier.

Tanakietsu

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:58 pm
I like Shakespeare too actually. I especially like some of the movies that have been made of his plays (I love the DiCaprio Danes version of Romeo and Juliet )

Be careful with the deadline thing. A lot of my relatives worked in newspapers and then found out they had heart trouble because of insane amounts of stress...so just don't over do it...>.<

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games