Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:04 pm
I could never suggestive sell to the point of annoyance to the potential customer.

*also enjoys Shakespeare and shuns those who would say otherwise*  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:15 pm
Yeah, journalism... not for me. I do adore writing, though. I prefer a more leisurely pace.

Writing is part of what got me interested in computer programming, oddly enough. Just like any good story, a program needs to flow. It has a specific structure, a specific syntax, a specific purpose. And it requires a certain amount of creativity.  

Trowa The Fearless

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:31 pm
Years of poory taught computer programming classes turned me off of that path of career.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:33 pm
I don't bother with Shakespeare anymore. I think I understand, but there's always something _else_ that I just don't grasp stare

But that just might be the fact I'm a frenchie. My 4 year old English isn't very good, yet XD  

xXSuimitsuXx

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:37 pm
Many American citizens are pretty inept at speaking the English language. "Git-r-dun" "wasssap" I hate much of the American slang. neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:42 pm
Hey... would anyone be interested in someone putting a multi-lingual OOC thread in the OOC subforum? For language help, and such?

I'm quite sure there are a few out there who know lots more japanese than I do, and it would be nice if I could get some help on remembering some of this stuff (aka, actually using it)
none of it I can RP with, though.... v_v;  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

xXSuimitsuXx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:49 pm
Tanakietsu
Many American citizens are pretty inept at speaking the English language. "Git-r-dun" "wasssap" I hate much of the American slang. neutral

And you believe Canada is just an insipid copy of the US as well? stare  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:51 pm
xXSuimitsuXx
Tanakietsu

When the Hell did I say anything about Canada? neutral  

Tanakietsu

xXSuimitsuXx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:54 pm
Tanakietsu
xXSuimitsuXx
Tanakietsu

When the Hell did I say anything about Canada? neutral

I was just refering to the fact many people think 'America' includes Canada as well... I already got told Canada was just a '******** up' copy of the US  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:04 pm
I'll look past the stated assumption that I am like "many others" and move on to the point that it's rediculous to include Canada with The United States of America. If I were to combine them, then North America is not a continent, but a cohabitating pair of countries ["America" and Mexico]. I exclude Australia for reasons I wont explain at the moment. Moreover, Canada (thank God) is not run by George W. Bush, and should be praised for not having an arrogant foolhardy moron as a leader.

Moreover I was merely using my home country as an example that English is a tough language and is butchered more and more each day. I have no qualms with Canada, nor do I seek to criticize it.

Never-the-less: Don't listen to people on the internet who have no proof for putting down a country that isn't their own. Specifically a statement that is completely false. There is no country more screwed up than the United States right now. Hopefully the States will pull out and learn its lesson. The unification after 9/11 has passed and the war is not nationally justified. Canada is smart enough not to get involved with United States of America's affairs.

Kudos to Canada, and I'll thank you not to assume that I am not the typical flamer on the internet.

neutral

Tanakietsu

xXSuimitsuXx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:08 pm
*gives hot chocolate* Sorry? crying  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:10 pm
It's okay, really. I got carried away. sweatdrop ~accepts the hot chocolate~ You know, I was kind of wondering what character you'll be playing in your rp. Maybe you'll put up a profile soon? surprised  

Tanakietsu

xXSuimitsuXx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:14 pm
Tanakietsu
It's okay, really. I got carried away. sweatdrop ~accepts the hot chocolate~ You know, I was kind of wondering what character you'll be playing in your rp. Maybe you'll put up a profile soon? surprised

Ha ha ha ha ha... Yes I should. Hm... honnestly I didn't think about it much, since I wasn't sure if the Role Play was... going to interest people.... redface  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:17 pm
It'll be my first role-play in the guild since the guild was created in 2004.

I'm kind of worried about the one fellow's character. He seems rather indestructable...and so young as well. But don't let me influence anything! sweatdrop

Tanakietsu

xXSuimitsuXx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:21 pm
Tanakietsu
It'll be my first role-play in the guild since the guild was created in 2004.

I'm kind of worried about the one fellow's character. He seems rather indestructable...and so young as well. But don't let me influence anything! sweatdrop

No worries; I already got told I wouldn't get kisses anymore if I didn't do anything sad  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games