Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 ... 2594 2595 2596 2597 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I don't feel like do any more work right now. I think the rainy weather is making feel like not doing much. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:31 pm
I almost thought of doing my required online education class do-dads for work... but then I realized I don't remember the direct URL for it. Our usual laptop decided to act up during the week, so we're borrowing one of the "all staff" laptops. Of course this means I have to track down all of the documents I need to do anything. Don't have everything I would like for the side jobs I do. But I get by.

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:44 pm
Oh... and I have another guy trying to solicit for my attention. rolleyes stressed

He's a friend to one of the residents and he recently befriended me on FB. And what's some of the things he says when barely start talking? "You look beautiful," "Do you have boyfriend?" and "I really like you." ((Warning: his sentence structures are horrendous on FB messenger)) I mean... it's nice he's being upfront about how he feels... but this seems a bit too fast for me. What happened to getting to know me as a friend first before jumping onto the "romantic" ship?

I started off with the "I'm too busy because of work" spiel. But he kept asking when I was free. I told him the same thing twice before just saying "I feel like I'm repeating myself." His response clearly was indicating he wasn't getting the hint. So, I gave him a taste of his own approach - being deadpan straight with him. I told him that he was hoping for something romantic to happen between us that it wasn't going to happen. His response? "You and me we will be good friend and girlfriend and boyfriend respect together. I always respect you when we go out date." Yep... still not getting it. Maybe a different approach - "I'm not interested in dating." He finally got the idea. "We can be friend hang out not girlfriend and boyfriend. If you don't want go out date is ok I not mad at you. I would like to be your friend!"

He's nice guy... but I don't ever see us being together in that way. Hell, I don't even see us on the friend level. He's just an acquaintance. Temporary, pretty much. Just like all of the other friends who come and go that our residents' have.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:48 pm

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:55 pm
While we're on the topic of unsolicited attention... Squirrel still thinks there's a chance with me. He keeps posting every so often about "someone who he cares a lot about"... and some of the details are obviously referring to me. Like seriously. Stop it. I told him it's not happening. And even though my chances with the guy I had a crush on is pretty much gone, I still have no interest in the guy. And stop acting like your feelings are all secretive. You told me straight up how you felt and I told you how I felt. So stop wasting your time on a dream that will never happen.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:06 pm
For example, at the end of last month, he posted this:

"It breaks my heart when the woman I've quasi-secretly been crushing on is hurting. I want to put my arms around her, hold her close, and remind her that I will always be here for her."

This right after I made a post requesting for thoughts and prayers. I didn't specify what it was for (because I wasn't sure who all my Mom wanted to know about the sudden health situation she was finding herself in). But clearly he is referring to me.

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:12 pm
I think one of the main reasons why I'm so put off by him is he reminds me so much of my first ex-boyfriend. So dependent on having a parental figure around that they don't have the confidence to tackle an independent life. The whole "woe is me" broken record story. talk2hand

Yes, it sucks that in Squirrel's case his father has passed away and he will now be losing the house. But if he wants to improve things he needs to put his full effort into finding "the light at the end of the tunnel" so to speak. Constantly putting yourself down or obsessing over getting a relationship is not helpful in that situation. Keep looking for jobs. You're going to get a lot of nos along the way. It's just part of life of getting a job these days. And don't complain you aren't getting another hours or shifts when you are offered one! It's better than nothing. And it'll show other potential future employers that you are trying... and are gaining experience. Better than having nothing on your resume for a long period of time.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:14 pm
When I want a partner, I want someone who I feel is on an equal level with me. Not someone I will have to ultimately take on a parental role with. I've been there, done that. That's why I ended my first relationship. I hardly felt like a girlfriend after awhile and just felt like a surrogate mother trying to - unsuccessfully - mold the fellow into a decent man.

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:32 pm
Ugh... I'm so ready to go home now. People are starting to get on my nerves.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:26 pm
I'm just passing the time until I decide to head upstairs to figure out this pharmacy stuff. Not really in the mood to do it but I'll at least attempt to do something. *sighs*

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:28 pm
All I want to do is read.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:30 pm

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:33 pm
Alright, I'm going to head to the bathroom and then head up there to see if there's anything I can actually do.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:18 pm
So that ended up being easier and faster than expected. There was only a handful of them I wasn't able to fax off because they didn't have the required paperwork I needed to send off... but that's okay. At least I helped them with a big chunk of stuff.

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:20 pm

"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 ... 2594 2595 2596 2597 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games