Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:07 pm
Before I left my position as captain, that's what I did. Delete and no questions asked.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:29 pm
got my linoleum knife, got my greasy hair. I feel like a serial killer.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

-[Verush]-

Dangerous Bunny

6,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:36 pm
Yoder

@Verush
How can violence happen through the internet? We should just bear with n00bs, hoping that they'll gorw up and assisting them should they come to see the light.

Usually requiring longer posts and better quality will scare off n00bs. Those that still persist will have their profile rejected until changed ot meet the roleplay's given standards (usually resulting in the n00b just giving up).

We as a guild have no right to impose literacy ratings upon the roleplays within. Besides the fact that it is very time-consuming and tedious, who are we to judge a matter based solely upon opion and past experience? People will do what they will, and we should let them continue. The moment we include literacy ratings is the moment we cease being a truly free community.

Demand effort. How are we to know if somebody is putting their all into a 3-liner? Or maybe they're hardly trying and coming up with 3 paragraphs. Effort alone wouldn't do. This guild will remain free for roleplay creatrors to do as they wish (provided they follow Gaia and RPR rules). Placing so many standards would hinder creativity and discourage potential newcomers from joining our guild.

So you mean to say that you would kick a newbie out of your roleplay just because they're trying to get a handle on roleplaying better than they are used to? To me, that borders on being mean.

Blatanly poitning out another's shortcomings is usually considered rude. A match of name-calling and hurt feelings never gets anybody anywhere.

Having a policy of non-interference is what keeps our guild free. Think of the staff og this guild as the government of a nation. Historically, the more the government pries into the lives of its citizens and placed stricter boundaries upon them, the more discontented the people are. Such, they will move to other countires that are nicer.

We aren't so petty as to ban somebody for diagreeing with a mod. You're entitled to your opinion.

Deleting unmarked topics? We always warn them. Heck, I frogot to do it once way back when I first began in the guild. Are you not familiar with netiquette? We should let their roleplay die through locking it if they don't correct it. That way they can harvest the information they pisted and save it. Additionally, what would the time limit be for deletion of unmarked topics? What if somebody didn't get on for a while and found that their roleplay hed vanished because they weren't online within the specified time?

I don't mean to have been rude with any of my above statements or counter-agruments.

The staff of a guild is hardly similar to any government. Just to point that out. Meanwhile, your arguement related to non-interference is entirely incorrect. There are plenty of areas of the law where interference is needed and wanted by the general public in order to ensure the overall wellbeing of the populace as a whole.

In my opinion, so too is there at some points a need to interfere to some extent in order to try and pry some people out of stagnation. If you look at it from an economical point of view you encounter a situation called X-inefficiency. In economic terms this means that a monopolist company becomes lazy and invests no effort into innovation because there are no viable alternatives for its own product. In a way, giving people no reason to improve leads to the situation where they do not improve out of their own will because there is no point in doing so. For myself, improvement became interesting when I was faced with people who refused my character because the profile wasn't detailed enough. At the time my posts added up to three liners. I knuckled down and crancked out a five page bio. being more satisfied with the profile which took more effort, i applied similar strategies to enhance posts as a whole.

So, saying that everyone gets scared away isn't really true. Some people get scared away, true. Yet, there is no perfect solution, as electric would want.

Also, I never said you had to blatantly say to someone they suck. I'm sure some people around here have some form of tact mrgreen I, however, don't. So I wouldn't be a good person to give that job to. ^^.

Meawnhile! I must remind you that in my view there is a difference between newb and n00b. Newbs are new to RP and actually do try to post well. N00bs are people who really just mess around a bit and disregard rules constantly. The latter may be scared off for all I care. If they just want to mess around, they should do so where they don't mess up RP for anyone else. Newbs generally don't even mind when they recieve suggestions to post better than before, since they are willing to learn and develop skill. 3nodding ( It's the stubborn ones who claim their 3 liner is "uber" which I don't really like <.< )

To mou: I am calm? Oo Or maybe you imagine i'm yelling or so.. which i'm not. ^^. You can be friends and never agree. I do that all the time D: mwahahaha.

As for warning posts before deletion, that's all spiffy. yYt you'll have to enforce it sooner or later or they shall laugh at thine warnings! D:

And my spelling/grammar has declined into pre-sleep state. gonk The horror...

Edit: no offense take, by the way.
3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:59 pm
I think most people have the same idea of the difference between newbies and n00bs, but perhaps that's just me.

And I was just saying that because the situation was getting worryingly serious, which is quite unusual in this thread as it is mostly only about mindless chit-chatting.

We do enforce too, if the thread creator doesn't change what we asked them to change, then the thread gets deleted.

You however seem to have a different view of how a guild should be run, which is perfectly fine, however it is not the way this guild is run and that I should know, having been a mod for quite some time now already here. It's my little precious baby this guild, perhaps that's why I'm being so over-protective.

I quite agree though, sometimes people need some encouragement. Then again there are a lot of people that don't really care or don't really want to improve, which means it's kind of useless to waste energy on them. Those that really want to improve, like for example you Verush, they seek new challenges and thrive when they find them... thus getting better at what they do.

Your horrible reference to economics makes me think of school ;__;

Edit: Hmm yes after clicking your signature link I see why you are having such a discussion. Have you tried the 'Literate Roleplaying Guild' they should have people like you, looking for the same kind of things you are.  

Mou

Eloquent Conversationalist

-[Verush]-

Dangerous Bunny

6,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:29 pm
Hmm. Well, not so much a different view really. I guess it's a nasty side effect of law school that I feel the tendency to lay down everything in rules and regulations, guidelines and instructions. x.X

Meanwhile, you have not resisted the linky! mwahahaha domokun . I hope the thread didn't discourage you or anything. sweatdrop Or my ranting mrgreen . I'm still friendly! Even if Yoder feels i'm mean. xp I shall slap him with a rubber chicken! Too bad there is no emote for rubber chicken slappings...

As for the literate guild.. Their forums seemed to be grossly inactive arrow I believe I shall take my chances around here and annoy Yoder some 3nodding And not only by rubber chicken slappings. There's also squeeky toy bombings and ramdom pencil pokings. mrgreen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:36 pm
Just realized that Verush is a furry . . . gonk NUUUU!!! DO NOT WANT!  

Gale OverDrive

-[Verush]-

Dangerous Bunny

6,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:39 pm
Gale OverDrive
Just realized that Verush is a furry . . . gonk NUUUU!!! DO NOT WANT!

Oi! Don't diss the furball! I shall pounce on thee! And maybe burn your feathery hair some. It'll warm you up to me 3nodding rofl

Besides, I had to spend all my goldehs to be a furry lion
gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:44 pm
And what do you hold against furries? I may not wear the silly ears or have a furry avi, but I do love rping as furries.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:51 pm
gonk arrow burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:52 pm
question  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

-[Verush]-

Dangerous Bunny

6,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:55 pm
Sometimes i like RP characters who are furry, but then they are simply humanoids who happen to have fur. Not the anime furry types who only have ears/tail. I'm talking animalistic features, double jointed legs and all. And characters matching the general traits of the animal in question. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:57 pm
Nothing special, I just can't stomach the idea of animalistic humans, which oddly ironic, since I used to play as Gangrel in Vampire: The Masquerade.  

Gale OverDrive

-[Verush]-

Dangerous Bunny

6,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:00 pm
Never tried those. Only Brujah and malkavian (naturally). Then again I never played it very long. 3nodding

-Attempts to toss a lit match into Gale's hairdo- Warm up to me damnyou!
gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:12 pm
Gale, hush about furries. We don't talk about that here. (inside chan reference)

Tan-kun had a bad day so he will respond as so. Take no offense as this is only a mood-influenced short ensemble of a rant.

Just deal with the "here and there" of illiteracy and shut the Hell up. You're not in charge, your opinion has been taken into consideration.

Just talk about other things.

*puts foot down*

Tanakietsu

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:16 pm
*feels like Tas from the Dragonlance series*

So, I've got a jazz band concert tonight. I was talking to Peitsch, who is the band teacher, and he wants the bassists to switch out and go on and off stage whenever it's their songs, ect. Problem is, we share a cord for the amp, and I play a whopping full-size contrabass... and the first few songs are, like, Brad's, and then mine, and then Brad's, and then mine...
Crazy.
Brad's the other bassist- by the way. He's awesome.

*shuts up, and runs off to find a snack*  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games