Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Music Discussion
Wat Ever Happened To EMO? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Art Payment

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:59 pm
Wow old thread, I'm going to assume that Rellik knows more about Emo now then last year.
But Saito has doesn't get to have that.
MCR, pop punk I lol'd.
Using Indie as a genre, more lol.

Honestly, like 5% listens to "real emo" not like it maters, seeing how on the main guild page it says this guild is for everyone.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:05 pm
She wants Revenge is emo...  

ishballan-girl

sXe-Bi-Boy-sXe

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:28 am
Well, the real emo music started in the 80’s. It was all acoustic. For example some emo songs from today are like… Emily and The Way she Feels. That’s about it from 2days emo music. Thing is that people confuse emo with emocore. Emocore is Hawthorne Heights, From First to Last(everything cept Emily) and… well I don’t really like much the really famous emocore bands but they are alright. They give a very nice message.  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:58 pm
sXe-Bi-Boy-sXe
Well, the real emo music started in the 80’s. It was all acoustic. For example some emo songs from today are like… Emily and The Way she Feels. That’s about it from 2days emo music. Thing is that people confuse emo with emocore. Emocore is Hawthorne Heights, From First to Last(everything cept Emily) and… well I don’t really like much the really famous emocore bands but they are alright. They give a very nice message.

LOLz.  

drkmtn

ishballan-girl

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:34 pm
xp have u listened 2 She Wants Revenge?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:39 pm
Well, it's not that all of the new stuff "isn't" emo, it's just that emo has kind of evolved and changed in some ways. And besides, it doesn't mean you can't listen to the older stuff. I love listening to the 80's emo music. But it's true that the sound of what the 80's emo music had is pretty much gone nowadays. Ah...if only music were like cars. You can bring back the 80's in a car with just a month of time and sweat...  

Itchy_Ichigo_12321

tetsoysauce

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:47 am
my simple yet serious answer: who gives a s**t?

my long extended explanation:

Emo what can it be? Just another word for what's always been there. Emotive hardcore? Emocore? Emotional rock? Don't make me choke on air. These labels are put in place by a bunch of music elitists who want to make the music they listen to special. Honestly, all these elements have been part of music in general a LONG time. A better question is where did this sudden push for "emo" come from recently. Where did these weird emo flips, clothing styles, emo attitudes come from? I watched a bunch of old music videos from like 2000-2003 the other day including Brand New, Saves The Day, The Early November, Taking Back Sunday. How are bands that are so deeply worshiped like gods by a scene and listed as influences spawn a breed of fashion obsessed, angsty/depressed teenagers. In the end it's all rock so who cares about the label. When you're old and have kids, your kids will probably have no idea why you listened to "emo" anyway. Why have an argument about how you label your music? Changing labels around to justify the music to is cool? Please. Just rock out to whatever you like and ******** everybody else. That's always been the central theme of the pop/rock culture. In the end emo is just another way people separate the music they listen to now from other rock acts such as blink-182 or Bon Jovi or Journey or Yes or The Beatles right?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:31 pm
I like the Rites of Spring and Sunny Day Real Estate a lot. Original emo is a lot better than this pop rock stuff that everyone is trying to pass off as emo.  

mooncalf90

Music Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces