Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Stupid entries in the avatar arena... annoying or what?!? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Etoile.Heureuse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:56 pm
    User Image
    ---------||..::Karine says::..||---------

I always lose in the arena, even with my best avys. xD
Apparently you need '03 and '04 items to win. :/ Most of my comments are this [in the arena] Too many commons. 1/10. Well, the commons are necessary. >__>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:28 pm

i havent seen an avi deserving a 10

for awhile now..

Angel in Slumber

Cynical IV

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:50 pm
he more noobs that enter and loose XD gold going to the winner, daily chance and stuff so don't complain lol but i feel the same way  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:50 pm
I rarely enter the avatar arena now. Goes to check it out now-

Noobs will always be around. Its horrible, but its just something you have to put up with. :[

Kuromi Charm

Cassiexchan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:06 pm
[ Sadly, yes, they will continue entering.

Nothing needs to be done about it though. They lost 1k already, that's enough of a punishment, imo. It's not like they're ever gonna win.

It is annoying though.
]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:17 pm
I prefer to submit myself to the arena versus to look at it. Dx

It hurts my eyes too much. Not just most of the avatars but the bot comments too... xP  

Pasithea

Droflecopter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:23 pm
I rarely see any good avie's in the arena.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:06 pm
Oh dear ******** GAWD.

People wearing starter clothes in the arena need to die. Seriously.

Or avis with no description and no title.

I once saw the stupidest biotch in the arena. She was wearing all starter clothes, and her description was moaning and bitching and whining about how her friend's birthday was coming up and she needed the money to get her friend a good birthday present. Oh, it also mentioned that she needed 1k to buy a trading pass so she could buy the present from the MP. I SWEAR TO ******** GAWD. I left the dumb broad a comment, saying something along the lines of,

"First of all, we don't care about your problems. If your avatar is horrible, which it is, you're not going to win. And if you can't buy your friend a present in real life and have to get them one on Gaia, that's just sad. By the way, you only need a trading pass to trade with someone, and that's only 500g. What you're thinking of is a Vending License, which you still don't need to buy from the Market Place. Even if you did, you could have went and spent the thousand gold on the Vending License and saved us from seeing this eyesore. Happy failing."

And then I didn't even bother voting, because I knew that there were lots of other people out there who WERE voting her 1's, and I truly didn't think that she was worth my vote.

N00bs + Avatar Arena = ******** NO.

Teh Pure

Queen Bebis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:18 pm
The newbies don't bother me nearly as much as the people who enter with an ugly a** avatar and s**t descriptions like:

"(list of ugly items I'm wearing)

total value: 30,000,000 gold

When you realize how much that is, you'll give me a 10."

Not verbatim, but that's pretty much what I see.
And then judging from the stupid comments I see like "omg druls ovr miniwangs 10/1 4 u!!"
There should be a voter's fee, screw the entry fee. rolleyes

When I see people with decent cosplays winning along-side black and white avatars that look the same every week, I think that there should probably be 2 categories of winners. Cosplays are such a big thing now, so it'd be pretty cool if they were subcategories of winning. Then again, that may be too generous, and we'd be overrun with cocky people who win once or twice and think they're gods.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:15 pm
Lenniel
*sigh* You don't have to load your avi up with all kinds of expensive collectibles to make it look good. Some are so cluttered, you can't see anything....They look like a garage sale.

I think I love you. rofl
That's what annoys me the most. I don't like not being able to see what's GOING on with an avitar. I try to ignore it, but it's hard sometimes. It's hard. If people want to waste their gold entering avitars they should KNOW wont win against the really good looking avitars then why should we care? Make your vote on a case to case bases. If they at least have a good story to go with it I will give them an average vote and make a few suggestions. If it's an amazing score then they get a vote to go with it and praise. 3nodding  

Athilea Majiri

Victorious Hunter

10,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Aakiyana

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:32 pm
I wish there were more original avies in the arena. Yes, it's nice to see a cosplay once in a while, but can't you think for yourself once? I keep seeing the same theme over and over and over. It's killer.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:33 pm
He asked "Are you a cannibal?"...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.i don't mind the starter clothes people trying to actually win. Newbies for some reason almost all always noobs until they earn they're first 30K or so. XD or 30K worth of items. then they stop being a noob. XD

But what really bugs me is noobs that say that 'you dont need expensive items to win, you cant wear a halo in real life, my avatar is 'simple' that's what make sit better than the rest. vote me a ten becuase my avatar is good, not cluttered or full of expensive items. I actually have a fashion sense these cheap items put together are better than those super expensive avatars'

I also hate people who want to win with the worst possible avvi saying they got hacked. and people who dont enter a description because "its a avvi arena not a description arena" i mean OMG just put a description it helps! without descriptions most wouldnt win. i mean all the cosplays need descrioptions for them to know who it is. And speaking of cosplays theyre hogging up the avatar arena! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Most of them cost almost nothing but look like a cartoon character. and if you didnt know it was a cosplay it SUCKS! i mean people say descriptions dont matter because its an avvi arena i say stop the cosplaying! Its an avvi arena to see how awesome the avvi looks like, not how much the avvi looks like something. Just so anoying to me. >_<User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

...They've been looking for him ever since

P e a C o c k -- n a r i

oSony

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:20 pm
Etoile.Heureuse
    User Image
    ---------||..::Karine says::..||---------

I always lose in the arena, even with my best avys. xD
Apparently you need '03 and '04 items to win. :/ Most of my comments are this [in the arena] Too many commons. 1/10. Well, the commons are necessary. >__>
D: one of my avis placed 18 a few weeks back. o.o She only had one donation item (enchanted strings). People just like seeing something new...or ugly cosplays D:  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:23 pm
Twin Flames
I rarely see any good avie's in the arena.

User Image Pelvic Thrust me. . [harder]. .. and . . Moan for me. ..
Comment me

Yeah, it's not like the good ole days, where you can see a kickass avi like mine

There was this funny one, that made me laugh. The title was " WASTE OF 1OOO GOLD " And she was like, I disabled comments so you can't flame me, and she failed to do that.

Or there was this one, where it looked like this guy was talking to his p***s. He was nekkid, and turned around. And you could see this little stick. It was great. xDD

But the avi arena is rather lame. I only go there to say how shitty others avi are. =/
Unless they really ARE good. But I'm pretty mean when it comes to avi rating. xP

User Image
Thrusts: 13,27o

Lady Pelvic

l0st-angelic-demon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:34 am
I hate the entries that are winning.
They are just either cosplays or avatars making fun of a show.
I thought the avie arena was supposed to be for who has the best avatar, not the funniest?
I think its just a joke and I don't even vote on it anymore.  
[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff