Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Where do you get the seasons on DVD? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have a Season 1-5 on DVD?
  Yes
  No
  Poll Whore
View Results

Jermyn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:33 pm
I found some of the dvds at a movie store that does trade-ins and sells used dvds.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:23 pm
WHAT EVER YOU DO DO NOT BUY OFF EBAY!!!!!! THEY RIP YOU OFF AND THE DVD'S ARE ALWAYS SCRATCHED EVEN BRAND NEW ONES, JUST BOUGHT ENTIRE SERIES. I GOT SCREWED CUZ I CAN TWATCH ANY OF THEM WITHOUT USING MY DISC REPAIR!  

LittleMissMerokoinAKimono

Lunar Scion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:05 pm
Sorry to hear that. Yes, you always have to be cautious when using ebay. I however bought the entire series on ebay and had nothing but a positive experience. If you do alot of research and ask the seller questions before bidding you can make out just fine. My boxsets were also 100% legit ADV/Geneon releases [minus stars of course], but I really did my homework before bidding. You should also make sure the seller has ALOT of feedback and at least 99% positive.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:19 am
no i dont sad  

Silver_wolf4000

550 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:08 am
friend_of_water
~Alechsa~
chibihotachan
serina115
try www.sailor-moon-stars.com they have some good price's. that is ware i got my star's dvd boxset from.

excet those are hong kong (bootleg) dvds so not only is Naoko not making any profit but they are illegal in the US and the subtitling is a bit off sometimes. You're better off with a fansub

Fansubs are illegal also, and the subbing is usually off on those too... stare I don't think that's a HongKong DVD, I own that exact boxset (eBayed for 20 bucks American) and it's Japanese, not Chinese on the backcover credits and no Chinese language subs, which is a mark of a HK factory job.

True, fansubs are illegal too but at least with fansubs they aren't ripping people off to make a profit. There are a couple really good fansubbers for Sailor Moon, I'm not naming them here because it's against TOS but if you google sailor moon fansubs I'm sure you'll find them. You'll probably only find the SuperS specials, Stars and PGSM becausemost fansubbers pulled the others when a commercially available sub was made.

It's HK (or someplace else). Legitiment japanese dvds are region 2 and will not play on a north american dvd player.

Yeah... So my StarS DVDs are in fact fansubbed. I bought the whole season for $40 at Jacon this year... Still, it's good anyways. The translation is pretty accurate.

e-Bay fails... but if it's your ONLY alternative, then be very careful.  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff