Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply OFFICIAL TANEMURA ARINA GUILD
ATTENTION ALL ROLEPLAY LOVERS + MEMBERS Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What manga RP would you like?
Time Stranger Kyoko
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Full Moon wo Sagashite
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Shinshi Doumei Cross
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 19

Leri
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:19 pm
solarfacade
Er... I never really understood how you roleplay online. *hides from incredulous stares and laughter*

*hugs Solar-san* It's ok xd It's not that bad. Memory-san could give you the info if you want. 3nodding

MemoryDragon
I''d love to roleplay! If we do Fullmoon, I''d like Meroko. TSK also seems like it''d be fun to role play. Actually, I seem to remember a thread stating that TSK should be made into an rpg... wink

We could do TSK too xd Personally, I don't mind as long as I get to play.

Quote:
The thought did just occur to me. Why not have several rps, considering there are several mangas written by Tanemura Arina? This is a guild for all of her works, is it not? wink That way there should be characters enough for everyone, especially if there's a rule saying only one major character per guild member. Or really what I mean is the choice parts. That way there would be at least some fairness in process.

P.S.
I'm also willing to help come up with plots and what not, though if it's for SDC, I'm not sure how good I'd be. I've never been very good with High School dramas... sweatdrop

Yeah, I thought of that too but I was thinking which series is more favored xd I'm pretty sure not every member wants to roleplay so I'm trying to see which ones do. Hosting RPs are rather difficult and if members are not into it, they'll get lazy and drop out RPing sweatdrop

But either way, I'll try that biggrin But only if you help me make up the plots Memory-san xd  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:41 pm
Leri
But either way, I'll try that biggrin But only if you help me make up the plots Memory-san xd

I'd be glad to help however I can. I love rping. heart It would be a problem if no one posted though... It seems to me that we have quite a few active members in the guild, so I don't think it would be too much of a problem.  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:23 pm
MemoryDragon
If you want though, I could provide you with some samples of the rp's I've done. That way you could have more of an idea of what you're getting into.

Ooh, yes, I would like that. It would probably be best if it was a series I know. You can PM me or post them here if other people need an explanation as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:01 pm
I'll post the generic rp here, just in case anyone else wants to look. This is a basic fantasy rp I am involved in, all original characters and very literate. This isn't the only way to rp, so don't get discouraged if writing like this isn't your thing. I can pm you examples from a Sailor Moon RP I'm in, if you would like samples of the other way.

A little bit of background info: Seren (my character) is a well known, but incredibly flighty, neko illusionist and Daren is a pickpocket neko-thief she just happened to pick up after he saved her from a stalker guy. They are having a conversation over dinner and Seren demonstrates her illusion skills... Then faints cause she's done too much that day. sweatdrop She didn't remember she was already low on energy. Here is the link.

And here is an example of a fight scene. I'm controlling the monster here, but I can get you examples of actual gaia members fighting each other from the Sailor Moon rp if you want that as well.

Edit: I just remembered the need to explain the colour schemes... But I need to go to bed now so I can get up early tomorrow. crying I'll explain it after I get back from my class tomorrow.  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:11 am
Thanks for posting that. biggrin I think I get the idea now, but info on the colors would be nice. While I was reading it, I didn't realize they had significance.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:27 am
why dont we start a Full Moon one first? because im sure most people know it. I would love to be izumi heart lol  

akeikas
Captain

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:22 pm
Okay, colours. Colours are actually a matter of preference. Not everyone uses them. What they are mainly used for is to distinguish characters. This is especially useful if you are controlling an NPC who is in a different place from your main character. Other ways I've seen this done is to just put "So-and-so's Post" on the top of whatever they're doing. Example:

Minako's Post

Blah blah blah...

Artemis' Post

Blah blah blah...

Like I said, most useful when you have two characters, but there are other ways to do things. Some people do a different colour for every character, but it drives me insane to keep switching back and forth with NPC's. I usually just have one colour for me and one to two colours for NPC's, depending on if they are all together or in different places. I don't imagine we will be dealing with NPC's too much in here though.

KazehaneRio_FLAME
why dont we start a Full Moon one first? because im sure most people know it. I would love to be izumi icon_heart.gif lol

You just want to play Izumi. rolleyes A plot for that one would take me (at least for me. Leri might already have something in mind) a bit longer to figure out. The reason I suggested TSK is because it's more of a generic fantasy where there are already mapped out possible villains (demons, I believe they were). I usually think in terms of video games, so I've got an extremely vague idea already for that one.

I've always wanted to rp as a villain though. heart So if Full Moon looks like it might need some, I volunteer (again, it's why I'm so bad with things like SDC... I was never a very normal high school kid to begin with...)!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:35 pm
I agree with Memory, Time Stranger Kyoko seems like the way to go. And there are lots of characters, so more people could participate.  

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:31 pm
Of course, even if we decide against a big cross over rp ( stare Which I would recommend, just because things tend to get hectic with those...) I'm sure you could bring Izumi into whatever we decide to do if it's not Full Moon. As an 'original' character, or whatever. No one would blame you.

Actually, I think it'd be kinda funny seeing what havoc Izumi could cause in SDC. Like if he were just a regular student...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:58 am
MemoryDragon
Of course, even if we decide against a big cross over rp ( stare Which I would recommend, just because things tend to get hectic with those...) I'm sure you could bring Izumi into whatever we decide to do if it's not Full Moon. As an 'original' character, or whatever. No one would blame you.

Actually, I think it'd be kinda funny seeing what havoc Izumi could cause in SDC. Like if he were just a regular student...

... *snort* I just imagined him in the suit like the ones Maora, Shizumasa and Maguri were wearing on that picture I posted in the SDC thread. xd

I could imagine it though (be warned, my imagination goes farther than erm... PG-13 ratings). Meroko'd be one of the only people hanging out with him--minus Mitsuki and Takuto--and she'd go all "Izumi-kunnn~ heart How are you? biggrin " and Izumi'd be like, "*smirky small smile* Hi Me-chan."

... I don't know xd That scenario just popped up in my head.

One thing though is that crossovers can get out of hand... hmm.. actually, it depends on the plot with the crossovers. Certain crossovers won't be able to mix properlly without a proper plot. *thinks of CLAMP's crossover use with Tsubasa*

If we're doing a Full Moon RP, I REALLY need your help Memory. sweatdrop  

Leri
Vice Captain

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:50 pm
Alright. I'll try mapping out a possible plot for Full Moon after my classes are over. sweatdrop As it is, I should probably be working on one of my two essays due Monday or studying for the insane final I have on Tuesday and not posting here... But I've been spending far too much time as it is in the Oxford English Dictionary. crying

I'd say our best bet would be TSK or KKJ (which I'm surprised no one has mentioned). Actually, I have more than a vague notion for a KKJ one, just off the top of my head. Maron always said she was going to find her own powers, after all.

Yeah, I'm not all together too fond of most cross-overs myself. But just bringing a character across (like making Izumi into a regular student instead of a shinigami, but keeping same appearances and what not) usually isn't too bad. CLAMP does it quite frequently, even before Tsubasa Chronicles.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:46 pm
If I fail to make an RP before I leave, I dub Memory-san of being the RP host xd  

Leri
Vice Captain

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:18 pm
*bows* I would be honoured and pleased to do so. xd But it means I actually need to come up with stuff... sweatdrop Hopefully the O.E.D. won't drive me mad before I get to.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:49 pm
Alright! Last night when insomnia hit me (yeah, I finish both my essays with time to spare and still didn't get to sleep until about five am... stare ) I came up with a plot for a Full Moon rpg! I'm getting really excited about it.

I still need some time to sort through it and do a bit of research (a.k.a. re-read FMwS. I'm a bit rusty), but I think we can definitely count on having a Full Moon rp going! Kaze can have her wish granted.

Just to let you know, the plot is going to require a full time Meroko and Izumi (who are central characters, because they are the shinigami...), a full time original character who I'm currently working on (the one with the death sentence), a rival (Madoka-ish, though not needed as badly as the rest. She should probably come in a little after or while the main original character is being established in whatever dream job I eventually give her...), and possibly a love interest for both of the two above original characters, just because this is a Arina Tanemura rp. It wouldn't seem right if everyone weren't paired off perfectly at the end with a ridiculously happy ending.

The rest of the cast is more than welcome to take part, but not central to the plot so far. They can be made central if we get a few good RPers here though. The characters I've mentioned are just what I'd need to work the plot.

Original characters are also welcome. I've mentioned the need for a rival and love interests, and they are bound to need a manager and whatnot. I'm not about to set out and construct all of them. In fact, the only one I'm really going to work on is the main character, just because of plot purposes. New Shinigami are to be somewhat limited, however. We can have a few (which would be a good thing, because Meroko and Izumi probably won't be the most trusted shinigami on earth. A New Shinigami pair might have to check up on them), but not a lot. I don't want it to be completely over run with Shinigami... That, and there have to be a pair before a new shinigami can enter the rp. They work in twos, remember.

Anyway, that's just a brief update. I've seriously got to get back to A) studying or B) killing things in video games (much needed stress relief. There are times when I wonder if I could survive with out them...). I'll pm Leri with the actual plot once I get some more things worked out and see what she thinks about it. Just thought I'd let you guys know.  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

Rosalyrica

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:44 pm
*raises hand* I love RPs! I used to do a bunch of them like Wolf's Rain and InuYasha. I think it would be fun to do a Full Moon RP because it's my favorite Arina manga. I would be happy playing Meroko or Takuto. I already have some experience with getting into those characters because of my fanfic. I could also do one of my OCs.  
OFFICIAL TANEMURA ARINA GUILD

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff