Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Interracial Dating/Couples! <3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

berryscary1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:32 pm
mymiridon
I didn't think that people really gave much thought about race when they're choosing a partner...
from what i have heard i'd kinda be screwed if i asked a chinese girl out in china considering that i'm american,or whatever,mix of cherokee indian and alot of other stuff. crying luckly though i'm not in china asking a girl out. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:39 pm
No way, loads of Chinese girls idolise Western guys in China.. you just need to be in the right place xD

Niphz
Crew

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:42 pm
I'm fine with inter-racial relationships. I think I wouldn't mind dating a Caucasian guy. Since I pretty much grew up in that type of environment. So yeah I'm kind of used to them. Most asian boys I've met, I guess I've see them only as 'brothers' or gua. Or like best friends.

I think its better to be with someone you like because of who they are inside not race. I'm sure some of us want to make our parents very happy by marrying someone of the same background. So its easier to preserve one culture but we all know how we can't help how we feel sadly.
If it makes you happy go for it.

As many of you know, Dasg is Vietnamese and Chinese. My parents pretty much want me to marry an Asian guy only [Yes they're picky on that too.
*Vietnamese guy
*Chinese guy].

It sounds hard to keep more than one background alive without one completely dominating the others..

The good old lets preserve our past..
I know its important because that contributed to our developed to who we are today but yeah can't control your feelings. [Repeated again. =O]

Okay done rambling..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:43 pm
Niphz
No way, loads of Chinese girls idolise Western guys in China.. you just need to be in the right place xD
I sure am glad to here that mrgreen may i ask why idolise?  

berryscary1

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:35 am
..well, inside China there is a massive we-love-Western-stuff-it-makes-us-look-cool attitude..

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:36 am
Minielf
If you're dating a guy who's fully Chinese, then that means you're not a Chinese person are you? stare
In any case if I had no choice but to date a white girl I would. (There's plenty of blondes and brunettes where I live). But I'd rather prefer to date a Chinese girl. Sure a one night interracial fling might be hot and sexy, but all of us need to consider our future marriage prospects. It just sounds wrong to have children with mixed ethnicity, especially if they're half chinese/half white.

In what sense is it 'wrong' to have mixed ethicity children?  

Syeori

Cat-Whiskers

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:23 am
niph's like, stuck in the 1990s where foreigners are actually considered "cool" and "good to make money off of" stare

nowadays they're just considered "good to make money off of" lol  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:32 am
I dont think its weird or wrong to be a mixed couple. Although I do tend to be attracted to more asians that are chinese, jap, tai, krn, etc. Its just because I grew up with seeing some asians and because asian culture is more simmilar and the way I grew up is kind of like the way other asian people my age grew up so I think I have more in common with the asian guys. But it is true mixed kids are very pretty. I have a friend whose half chinese half american she's very pretty even though her parents arent that good looking ( sweatdrop no offence to her parents) And my friend is mixed although you can see his chinese herritage very thickly in him you can see bits of american features and I used to like him a while ago. redface sweatdrop smile  

lollerskater123321

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:14 am
@Vanilla - Wait, you're back?! Anyway, just ignore 'elfy, he's not in his right senses.

@Kitty - xDDD but it's a win-win situation. The foreigner gets the Chinese girl, the Chinese girl gets the money.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:41 pm
Niphz
..well, inside China there is a massive we-love-Western-stuff-it-makes-us-look-cool attitude..

-nod nod-
and i have a thing against that attitude.
you can see the stark contrast when the people are serving you(if you're chinese, can speak chinese though not from china) and the westen people.
stark contrast

D:

kt_jingle

Minielf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:44 pm
Vanilla_Soda
Minielf
If you're dating a guy who's fully Chinese, then that means you're not a Chinese person are you? stare
In any case if I had no choice but to date a white girl I would. (There's plenty of blondes and brunettes where I live). But I'd rather prefer to date a Chinese girl. Sure a one night interracial fling might be hot and sexy, but all of us need to consider our future marriage prospects. It just sounds wrong to have children with mixed ethnicity, especially if they're half chinese/half white.

In what sense is it 'wrong' to have mixed ethicity children?

Well it's not exactly wrong per se, it's just that children of mixed ethnicity will have a harder time figuring out their identity. It's not so hard with children of mixed Asian background, since Viets, Chinese and Japanese are very similar. But if you have a child who is both Chinese and Caucasian at the same time, the difficult question for a parent is whether to emphasise one ethnicity at the expense of the other or attempt to keep up both. It might not be difficult if a couple is by themselves, but if the extended family and relatives get involved, it could cause a lot of trouble. Especially nowadays where divorces are so common.

Niph: You really think I'm not in my right senses? I'm simply regurgitating what my parents taught me. If given the chance, I would have no qualms in marrying a hot blonde Aussie or American, but then family obligations kick in. As the oldest in the family I'm obviously expected to carry on the next generation.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:45 pm
it seems to me that most westerners don't exactly fit cool if my thinkingness of your standard of cool,correct me if i'm wrong,but that if your angry you don't show it it kinda makes you cool and such but to westeners your cool if someone makes you angry and within sensibilty you slug him ninja for some reason that I do not know i have a bad feeling about this post.  

berryscary1

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:29 am
Now now we mustn't forget. If Foreigner has no money then use them to get citizenship in their country. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:46 am
Minielf
Well it's not exactly wrong per se, it's just that children of mixed ethnicity will have a harder time figuring out their identity. It's not so hard with children of mixed Asian background, since Viets, Chinese and Japanese are very similar. But if you have a child who is both Chinese and Caucasian at the same time, the difficult question for a parent is whether to emphasise one ethnicity at the expense of the other or attempt to keep up both. It might not be difficult if a couple is by themselves, but if the extended family and relatives get involved, it could cause a lot of trouble. Especially nowadays where divorces are so common.

Niph: You really think I'm not in my right senses? I'm simply regurgitating what my parents taught me. If given the chance, I would have no qualms in marrying a hot blonde Aussie or American, but then family obligations kick in. As the oldest in the family I'm obviously expected to carry on the next generation.

BS, if it's a Chinese marrying a Japanese with the amount of propaganda that's in China and the mindset right now I'd imagine more problems for that couple than a Chinese and a Caucasian. And what about 2nd, 3rd, 4th, nth generation Chinese immigrants to other countries? What about their cultural backgrounds which are pretty much that of the Western culture? That's a very backwards way of thinking if it's regards to a "family cultural background compatibility" issue which pretty much means nothing.  

Cat-Whiskers

mymiridon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:08 am
@cat: you sound like you're speaking from experience. Perhaps you had trouble figuring out your identity as a child?

@niph: why would anyone other than the pretty asian girl want to marry someone who just wants to use them for money or to get a green card?

I am at a stage where many people run from me... or just disappear when i turn my back. where'd they go? eek
rofl  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces