Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
"Oh, my God!" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Matataur

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:11 am
I'm personally in love with "goddammit!". Not too harsh of a curse, but plenty vile enough to let the world know your swearing.

When the situation calls for something a little trickier, I rather like "Sweet zombie Jesus!" Swearing is religious sometimes, but always fun. rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:54 am
I just say "Oh my God!" in a further attempt to send my soul to the rather non-existent hell, because ******** man, if there is only one god, and that one god is as much as an a*****e like the Christian god, then I'm not buying. Satan had the right idea when he mutinied, I mean wouldn't you?

Also, I use it when in a state of non-belief :'D Blasphemy is fun.  

CaprinaePsi

Xiporah

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:00 am
I say Oh my god all the time. The first time I heard people saying YOU SHOULDN'T SAY THAT is when I got into school. I was always like, "Dude. Why not?"

I've said some pretty bad ones without thinking about it, including, 'Jesus ******** god!"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:16 pm
Holy s**t, goddamnit, jesus ******** christ and others... yep, they're fun. But not as fun as the one i've made:

"Jesus ******** christ on a stick!"

Anywho... they may not be religious... but if you happen to say them aloud in front of believing christians then you're gonna get big stares. Maybe a harassing talk from your supervisor that thinks you should stop saying that in front of Lou, cuz he's ******** p***y and can't handle people swearing. But whatever... it's "give it your all *yay* heart " on this concept you all call "peace" ... right? stare

I also DO NOT like it when people say "bless you." Even if it's more habit than anything else, it more than connotates the meaning that you should get well by the power of... divine grace or whatever bullshit, so i always reply: "******** NO!, i'm going straight to the non-existent hell, i don't need no blessings." It takes them a while to get used to it, but they (those around me, and not just my family) don't mind not saying anything when i sneeze. Which makes me happy. And if I'M happy, everyone's happy. whee  

AnonymouZ

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:19 pm
Sometimes a cigar...
I say "Great Odin's Raven!"
or "By the Beard of Zeus!"
or "SACRE BLEU!!!"
or "Gott in Himmel!" (not sure how to spell in German)
...is just a cigar.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:28 pm
MERDE!  

Theophrastus

CaprinaePsi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:33 pm
Theophrastus
MERDE!

Are you trying to say "s**t" in Spanish?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:16 pm
I say oh my god, Jesus Christ, and Godammit daily. I never say bless you though. It's a pointless saying that was invented by paranoid idiots.  

Fenky

Wheezing Humorist

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:17 pm
Oh my god, as god is my whitness, I use those goddamn phrases all the time, and I swear to god that I'm a fu-laming atheist! Jesus.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:33 pm
CaprinaePsi
Theophrastus
MERDE!

En Francais.  

Theophrastus

reverie0312

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:44 pm
I like "Jesus ******** Christ" as a crude statement of disbelief. I also enjoy shortening it to simply "Jesus ********!", which gets some heads turning. My friends and I say it all of the time, when we wish to place the emphasis on the word ******** instead of Christ, but sometimes I'll use it around a group of people I don't know that well, and they'll be like "What did you just say??"

It's hilarious. Christians make my life more fun. lol  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:13 pm
Sometimes a cigar...
Theophrastus habla frances, pero yo prefiero espaƱol.
...is just a cigar.

Baron von Turkeypants

CaprinaePsi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:42 pm
Theophrastus
CaprinaePsi
Theophrastus
MERDE!

En Francais.

Okay, cause I was about to say that you're missing the i and a.

In Spanish it's spelled "mierda." mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:39 pm
AnonymouZ
Holy s**t, goddamnit, jesus ******** christ and others... yep, they're fun. But not as fun as the one i've made:

"Jesus ******** christ on a stick!"

NO WAY! eek

I say that one too! rofl  

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

I Was The Moon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:39 pm
I use all of those. Well...minus the wierd "Godess" one...

I say "Oh my God" out of habit...and it's funny, because I live in a place that's ALL super religous Mormons, and they gape at me like I'm the devil. HA!

I use other curse words relating to religion, too. Except in school...*sigh* all of the teachers are Mormon, too.

"Bless You" is just manners. It has nothing to do with religion anymore. It doesn't even make any SENSE anymore. It was started back when getting the slightest cold could kill you. When somebody sneezed, there was a chance that they would get deathly ill and die. So, people would say "Bless You" as if saying "I hope you don't die!". Does that apply anymore? No. But it's become simply polite, whether you believe in god or not.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff