Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Meeting people online. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever met someone online, IRL?
  Yes, and I'd do it again too. =D
  Yes and it was terrible. Never again! T_T
  No, but I would. ^_^
  No and I would never! D=<
View Results

WalkingEpidemic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:37 am
I have, he was a friend from myspace, and he turned out to be really cool and nice... I might do it again with the right person....
♪♥♪

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:46 am
1. Have you ever met somebody online in real life? two guys

2. If not, would you, and if so would you do it again?

3. Were you nervous? a little bit. but i was more excited then anything.

4. Was the person everything you expected them to be? Were they cooler or were you let down? he was amazing. a little older, but he was so very sweet. the other guy was sexy and adorable...but an a*****e.

5. How did you come accross each other? i.e, MySpace, Gaia, a chatroom, game site, etc. alan, on myspace. kody, on vampirefreaks

6. How far did you/they have to travel? about 30 min for both of them.

7. Did you and up hanging out more/dating/etc or is it planned for the future? haha...i dated kody. i had fun expieriences with alan. i'll never forget lol...it was fun. it was pretty much set that this sort of thing would happen to me.

silkylace

FIRE_WOMAN_69

950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:13 am
And he is in the kitchen right now fixing himself something to eat as we speak. We are engaged and living a very happy life together. He introduced me to Gaia Online too. Ooops. Now he is eating in my ear. LOLOLOL Ok, update he took a drink......... Ok he is now watching the Cartoon channel. blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:36 pm
I called her on the phone and she touched herself...

It's cool how many people have success stories from meeting people online, but you do have to remember to always be careful when meeting for the first time.

I used to RP with a couple that got married last summer who met on Gaia, I was supposed to go to their wedding but unfortunately we couldn't make it. Another couple from the same group of RPers are living together now as well.

...I laughed myself to sleep.

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

beccamon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:47 pm
I've never met anyone from online, but both my mom and dad have. Dad's ended up NOT working out. And Mom's... didn't work out either I guess.
But there is someone I've met online who lives really close to me, we met in my Teen Titans guild. He lives like 30 minutes away but because of parents and plans and neither of us being able to drive/me not having my own car, we haven't been able to meet. We're hoping to soon though.
I don't think meeting people from the internet is a bad thing unless you have to travel really far, you don't know each other very well, and/or you're meeting in private with no people around.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:57 pm
1. Have you ever met somebody online in real life? No, but there are two people I wish to meet...Gunny, so I can love him, and Andy, so I can kick his a**.

2. If not, would you, and if so would you do it again? I really would. Mostly for Gunny.

3. Were you nervous? -------

4. Was the person everything you expected them to be? Were they cooler or were you let down? -------

5. How did you come across each other? i.e, MySpace, Gaia, a chatroom, game site, etc. I met Andy on Gaia in my quest thread, and I met Gunny through Andy in my quest thread. :3

6. How far did you/they have to travel? I haven't met them, but I'd have to travel to Georgia for Andy, and to Maryland for Gunny...or they could both just come here, since SoCal is way more fun. <3

7. Did you and up hanging out more/dating/etc or is it planned for the future? Who knows? If Tentacle doesn't care for me anymore...

Skarlis

Melodious Conversationalist

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:59 pm

Tentacle? O-o

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:01 pm
1. Yesh.

2. Probably not, because I don't trust people usually.

3. Yesh.

4. They were cooler. He's a bit mean on Gaia, but in real life he's a lot nicer. XD

5. Gaia.

6. Well, it was coinsidental, I moved to the area he lived in

7. lolz, we bez dating now. x3  

Frozen Memories

Aoi-Tsuki_Yuki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:31 pm
I met a few people online when I was younger like around 15 or so...
but now I don't do that no more..cuz so far all the people I met were
out of it or later on turns out to be a jerk!! annd frankly I dont have time for meeting people no more...-cough cough-  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:42 pm
s4mgir1v3rsi0n

Tentacle? O-o

Tentacle is what Chris/Norayr calls my boyfriend. xD
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Relax...

Skarlis

Melodious Conversationalist

eyeball1221

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:48 pm
1. Have you ever met somebody online in real life?
no one that I didn't already know

no I wouldn't un less one of my freinds knew that person and we could meet together  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:57 pm
Skarlis
s4mgir1v3rsi0n

Tentacle? O-o

Tentacle is what Chris/Norayr calls my boyfriend. xD
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Relax...

XD That's just a little awkward.

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

Blood Raevyn

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:04 pm
1. Have you ever met somebody online in real life? Yesh. A few actually.

2. If not, would you, and if so would you do it again? Absolutely, as long as I've known them for a while

3. Were you nervous? Who wouldn't be? O_O

4. Was the person everything you expected them to be? Were they cooler or were you let down? Actually, they were all pretty cool but I was dating one of them. He was different than I expected him but he turned out to be quite a disappointment in the end

5. How did you come accross each other? i.e, MySpace, Gaia, a chatroom, game site, etc. Well one I met on gaia, the other I met on nexopia. My ex is the one I met on nexopia

6. How far did you/they have to travel? Across the harbour @_@

7. Did you and up hanging out more/dating/etc or is it planned for the future? I know with one of them we're supposed to be hanging out at some point but my ex and I don't even talk anymore.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:46 pm
1. Have you ever met somebody online in real life?

Nope

Nope not safe

3. Were you nervous?

I dono

4. Was the person everything you expected them to be? Were they cooler or were you let down?

um???

5. How did you come accross each other? i.e, MySpace, Gaia, a chatroom, game site, etc.

dono.

6. How far did you/they have to travel?

.... no

7. Did you and up hanging out more/dating/etc or is it planned for the future?

no.  

starship ducky

Delusional Kiss

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:31 am
1. Have you ever met somebody online in real life?\yepyep once thou.

2. If not, would you, and if so would you do it again?//ueah it was fun

3. Were you nervous?//not really...maybe just a lil...but it was like online we 'chatted' @ an anime convention (Persacon 07 BABY!]. yeah we met there we were like best buds!

4. Was the person everything you expected them to be? Were they cooler or were you let down?//We acted the same as if we normally did [excluding that we arnt normal XP] but it was fun since we both like anime and we were @ a anime con. and our parents like each other so meh dad let meh stay the night @ their house. and her mom drove meh back home the next day [her mom ish lik super nice she bought us ramen! and pizza! XP].

5. How did you come accross each other? i.e, MySpace, Gaia, a chatroom, game site, etc.//Sims2.com XP I wrote a naruto fanfic and i had friends that were fans. XXD

6. How far did you/they have to travel?
I was in AL with meh dad and i told meh online friends (no one i kno irl likes anime....T.T) that i was going she was lik im going to AL too! su we decided to go to this coolieo anime con in AL about an hour from meh dads house and 20 from hers.

7. Did you and up hanging out more/dating/etc or is it planned for the future?//online yesh about the same, but if meh mom can take me to atl we will be able to hang out again! yays for meh!  
[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff