Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Back to Guilds

A guild all about the supernatural and paranormal, allowing for open discussion for believers and sceptics alike. 

Tags: supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, psionics, magic 

Reply Cryptozoology
Vampires? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampires?
yes
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jagged is one
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:57 pm
What exactly is the difference between a normal vamp and a "psychic vamp"?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:26 pm
You just know that you are a vamp, plus the side effects. No one can be turned though, she probably just was one to begin with and thought that because she was bit she was turned. It impossible to be "Turned" though. A Psy feeds off of energy of a donor by "absorbing" the energy, and a sang feeds off of blood from a donor.  

XCactus123X

ajina

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:24 pm
How do you know that it's impossible to be turned?

by the way, I spoke to my friend a few days ago, and she's lost some of her... um... vampire-ness.. Anyway, she's now about one-third vampire.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:28 pm
It's impossible to be turned because it's something that was created as a Hollywood gimic, it's something that plays on peoples' deepest fears, such as someone being turned into a zombie, or a werewolf, by being bit. Anything dealing with being bit and "turned" has come from the fear of people getting rabies from a wild animal. If you don't get what I'm saying, watch some b-rate black and white horror flicks and you'll see why Hollywood plays it out so much, it's because fear sells!
Being a vampire is something you're born with, much like hair color, or a hereditary disease. So PLEASE do your research because if you get the wrong information, or your friend does, it could lead you into trouble later on down the road. Please trust what I'm saying and take it into consideration, I know what I'm talking about, I've been a psy vamp for 6 years now and I've done my reseach, and my own personal soul-searching.

Sincerly,
XCactus123X  

XCactus123X

Sakura Revolution
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:26 am
If it was possible to be turned...

I would so be a vampire. (I do have depressuion, sensitivity to light and irritablity... but the taste of blood makes me sick.)

My cousin on the other hand is very strange... I once fell and split open my knee, and he sat me on the doorstep, kept petting my face.... then licked the blood off my leg.

eek

It made me laugh at the time though... Demi (my cousin, male cousin...) has always been odd as hell... he used to 'kidnap' me. (He'd climb in my window when i was really little and leave with me, then bring me back three or four days later, all without telling my mom.)

I miss him... crying  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:14 am
I think this is one of the diseases that I found out about. This could have helped lead to the stories about vampires.

Xeroderma Pigmentosum (XP), meaning pigmented dry skin is a rare, often fatal genetic disorder that leaves its victims acutely vulnerable to skin and eye cancers if they are even briefly exposed to sun or any ultraviolet rays. The body fails to produce one of the enzymes necessary to make heme, the red pigment in hemeglobin. Strangely, Garlic stimulates heme production (a reason for its inclusion in many herbal blood tonics) and can turn a mild case of porphryia into a severe and painful one. There is less than 100,000 identified cases of XP nowadays but inbreeding could have stimulated the disease in the middle ages, creating pockets of it in isolated areas. Drinking blood could have been considered as a remedy in the dark ages but the human body is not made to assimilate heme directly from blood so it cannot be a cause of vampirism.  

Lord Jagged
Captain

ajina

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:50 am
XCactus123X
It's impossible to be turned because it's something that was created as a Hollywood gimic, it's something that plays on peoples' deepest fears, such as someone being turned into a zombie, or a werewolf, by being bit. Anything dealing with being bit and "turned" has come from the fear of people getting rabies from a wild animal. If you don't get what I'm saying, watch some b-rate black and white horror flicks and you'll see why Hollywood plays it out so much, it's because fear sells!
Being a vampire is something you're born with, much like hair color, or a hereditary disease. So PLEASE do your research because if you get the wrong information, or your friend does, it could lead you into trouble later on down the road. Please trust what I'm saying and take it into consideration, I know what I'm talking about, I've been a psy vamp for 6 years now and I've done my reseach, and my own personal soul-searching.

Sincerly,
XCactus123X

It's not that I'm trying to ignore your research, but I'm not kidding. She had absolutely no signs of it until she was bitten (and bit the guy back), and now she is one. So.... yeah...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:12 pm
If the thing that could turn you into a vampire was virally or bacterially based, it could be possible to be "turned".
The effect that the foreign body would have to have would be to make the person reacte to light and need bllod or something in the blood.

If the body effected the eyss so that it broke down the cells in the eyes, this could cause easy damage from bright light. It is aso possible for it to effect the skin in a like way.

If it effected the blood so that the cells were not working correctly, this would cause a need for blood. It could also be possible for it to cause the lining of the lungs to allow in more carbon monoxide. This would prevent the red blood cells from taking in oxygen. This would mean that more blood would have to be taken in to replace cells.

There are also teories which include nanobots and many other things. I will explain these later.  

Lord Jagged
Captain

lil__one

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:16 pm
hello.. ok I feel like I can post on this. I am avampire.. no I do not dress like a goth.. I can go out in the sun.. makes me cranky but I can do it.. ( red hair fair skin makes sun evil) now as to haveing heightened sences in my case its not the normal ones.. its is my sight.. bit not the way most think. I was partly rasied on a reservation and my name there is Spiritwalker since they say I walk with one foot in this and one foot in the spirit world. But I am a real blood drinking ( when I can get it) vampire. You would prolly not notice me if you passed me on the street. But we tend to blend in or wish to as we get older.... its cute to be a goth at 18.. at my age and in my area it could get you in deep kim chee. So if you have questions please PM me... I am really bad about checking into forums .  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:19 am
XCactus123X
Contrary to what Hollywood and literature teaches you kids, you cannot
be "turned" into a vampire by biting or blood-sharing. Vampires simply
are. It's something that you're born with. All go through what is called
an "awakening", and this is where your body and mind-set start to change
to take on the vampiric way. Things that happen (or that in most cases
can be associated with) are:
-depression
-increased sensitivity to light
-crave blood (sang.)
-feeling/seeing energy (psy.)
-irritability

I think they should make vampirism an actual medical term... my doctor
said he didn't know what was wrong with me, and I found out what I was
going through on my own. So, If you think you could be a vamp, I'd say
DO YOUR RESEARCH!!! If you don't, you'll never truely know who you are.
Oh and just because you have one or more of what's listed abve doesn't
make you a vamp, again with the research! Oh, and soul searching is a
BIG help, meditate to find the answers if you can, I know that helped me
out a lot! smile

depression(true),increased sensitivity to light(true),crave blood(well,i dont really crave it,more like love the taste of it),feeling/seeing energy(true),irritability(true)

well,u see,i mayve gone through an "awakening" this year.as long as i can remember ive never been depressed and irritable.until now i havent seen so much,but now i can feel energy.i can stand next to someone and practicly read them without looking at them.(i get all the info from the energy around them). ive never been sensitive to light until this year.(it gives me really bad migranes.)i also have a tendency to burn really easily...sometimes it sucks because i dont go outside(because of the migranes and burns)so i stay my creamy pale color.true i like...love the taste of blood,but i dont NEED it...

so,do u think i may be a vampire or that it may just be coincidence?  

13GreenRoses

VivoDePyre

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:58 pm
I have some info on Psy vamps. Some of them are accually psions turned bad. Think of it as a drug addict. When they take a drug such as ecstacty, they like it and want more. It turns into an addiction. Well, a normal person has little control over their chi/psy. With practice, any type of matter can be manipulated. Psi/chi is one of the easist. I know how to take/steal energy from people but I only do it if i'm tired and need a quick boost. The second kind is... like a mutation. They can easily gather psi and sometimes see it. They, however, aren't good at producing their own, causing them to take others. That's all I know. I don't know about the side affects but i'm guess that some would be fatigue and sensativity.  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:30 pm
just as i found out yesterday...aparrently i can take depression,pain,illness and any other negative "thing" from someone and give them a positive "thing" in its place...you see,i was just fine before i spent the weekend with my family.i cant explain it,but one was sick(my little cousin)and when i held him,i felt a surge of negative energy pass from him to me and then,10 minutes later,his mother noticed how much better he was looking...

also,one of my other younger cousins fell and got hurt and i went to give her a hug and (mind you she was crying hysterically) she stopped crying and got back up as soon as i let go.there wasnt even a mark on her leg where it was bleeding...

maybe this is some kind of healing ability?  

13GreenRoses

nayasumei

Tipsy Tipper

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:10 pm
i think i kinda have the same thing as you do >.> sorta

things dont always go infavor of the other person sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:19 pm
WEEELL i think i might be a vampire for a couple of reasons >.>

but if you were to see me drinking blood...im pretty sure that wouldnt be my vampire side twisted

nayasumei

Tipsy Tipper

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Partygoer 500

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:40 pm
Ooh, I came accross something interesting.

There are some people that have found a connection betwen vampires and what scientologists think of as thetans.
In scientology, Thetans are taught to be spirits that sort of attach themselves to people and feed off them (I think).
Well, tehre are some people that think that this is merely a misinterpretation of vampires, and that teh church is originally from a cult of vampire slayers.

Original idea I think. xd  
Cryptozoology

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces