Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Atheist Characters In Television Shows! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:00 pm
CaprinaePsi
Dathu
Well, being smart doesn't always mean being unhappy. If you're strong enough, you can learn to be both. mrgreen

Yes, but when you are a giant among men, so to speak, it can become lonely. People become jealous, angry that you are so much smarter, and are always showing it. They tend to distance themselves from you, and you become angry at yourself for being so smart that you drive away your friends and family.

Flowers for Algernon anyone?

Aww. I hope that's not coming from personal experience. *Puts an arm on your shoulders, and gets a twinkle in his eye.* The good thing about being smart is that you're clever enough to figure out how to get whatever you want. If you don't give up, you'll eventually figure out how to be happy. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:27 pm
Homer Simpson makes a clear statement of Atheism in The Simpsons Movie.

Someone research this for me, please. I don't have a lot of time right now, but I remember he said, while wildly flipping through the Bible, "This book doesn't have any answers!"  

Theophrastus

Twilightringwraith

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:49 pm
Dr. Cox is ******** AMAZING. Scrubs is some bad a** s**t, that's for sure. Once I download it all, and watch every episode... I will buy all the seasons, and then die happily.

Also, House is pretty good.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:22 pm
House is my hero.
User Image

<3

I love Dr. Cox too, but I'm a little put off by how everyone in the hospital just tolerates his violent outbursts. At least House gets punished for his misdeeds (although admittedly not too harshly).

Fuzzy Kittens

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:06 pm
ZeeFishee
House is my hero.
User Image

<3

I love Dr. Cox too, but I'm a little put off by how everyone in the hospital just tolerates his violent outbursts. At least House gets punished for his misdeeds (although admittedly not too harshly).

I love that episode for one reason: I has a mathematical proof.

House's score is 3 at the end of the episode, as is God's. Let's put that into mathematical notation.

House = 3, God = 3

And now, we simplify: House = 3 = God

And, simplifying further: House = God

Q.E.D.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:40 pm
ProjectOmicron88
ZeeFishee
House is my hero.
User Image

<3

House's score is 3 at the end of the episode, as is God's. Let's put that into mathematical notation.

House = 3, God = 3

Q.E.D.

I don't know anything about either show, but the fact that you said "quod erat demonstrandum" makes me want to hump your leg. XD  

Theophrastus

Matataur

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:21 am
Theophrastus

Someone research this for me, please. I don't have a lot of time right now, but I remember he said, while wildly flipping through the Bible, "This book doesn't have any answers!"

I saw that movie, and he's a bit more blatant as he and the family are running late to church. He says something along the lines of "Psh, they can't hear us, they're too busy praying to their phony-balony god!"

Naturally, everyone's staring at them when they enter the church.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:43 am
Matataur
Theophrastus

I saw that movie, and he's a bit more blatant as he and the family are running late to church. He says something along the lines of "Psh, they can't hear us, they're too busy praying to their phony-balony god!"

Naturally, everyone's staring at them when they enter the church.

That's exactly it - thanks. You get a cookie.  

Theophrastus

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:04 pm
Theophrastus
ProjectOmicron88
ZeeFishee
House is my hero.
User Image

<3

House = 3, God = 3

Q.E.D.

I don't know anything about either show, but the fact that you said "quod erat demonstrandum" makes me want to hump your leg. XD

I first saw it used in "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", in the bit about how the Babelfish proves God exists, and by context, disproves his existence. I wanted to know what it meant, and here we are. razz  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:45 am
So I've just recently gotten into a new twisted show: "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia." It shows on FX, and it's funny as hell. If you have to only watch one episode, it has to be the one when they find cocaine. xd  

Kharybuce

Newbie Noob

Crooked_Lamb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:35 pm
I like how Lorilei and Rory in Gilmore girls describe themselves at estranged from religion, (Though not atheist) in Gilmore girls.

And Yes of course Dr. Cox is amazing, He's one of the reasons I still watch scrubs. But Bones is also a good religious debate show as well, I like science shows that mention these topics every now and then.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:08 pm
So this past Sunday Family Guy aired an episode that pretty much outed the writers as Atheists. Go to Hulu.com if you want to watch.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

migoto-kami

Greedy Genius

5,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:17 am
ProjectOmicron88
ZeeFishee
House is my hero.
User Image

<3

House = 3, God = 3

Q.E.D.

That's it!! I'm converting to House-ism!! whee  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:06 am
I put House before Dr. Cox, simply because we don't see that Dr. Cox is really a good enough doctor to justify being such a b*****d. He does have his moments, but House proves his brilliance all the time.

And, as it has been said before, using simple properties of mathematics, House=God.  

MercurialInK

Devaldra

Greedy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:19 pm
Shadowed_Silver
I put House before Dr. Cox, simply because we don't see that Dr. Cox is really a good enough doctor to justify being such a b*****d. He does have his moments, but House proves his brilliance all the time.

And, as it has been said before, using simple properties of mathematics, House=God.

I agree. Scrubs has lost a lot of its humor for me. :< Dr. Cox is still funny time to time, but he's not as serious as House, and Scrubs doesn't have enough of a plot to keep me interested once the humor's gone.

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff