Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Banning - What about the rare items? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good Idea?
  Absolutely!
  Kind of...
  Not at all (please explain)
  Oh hell, i don't know x_x
View Results

Stir Fried Muffin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:17 pm
NekoGod
@Fish- A lot of people sell the AFKs and OMGs in the Gaia commerce.

@Stir- Yeah, she's a little over board. Though she does use them for event items.
i suppose that is a good idea... i don't even know if that is supposed to be against TOS or something.. a lot of eople say having mules just to get more items is against TOS but i don't know.. i don't see why it should be...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:20 pm
Stir Fried Muffin
Jhaybz_Rockz02
ninja save your goodbyes...

ninja

i agree...my old account got banned...and now it looks like a display in my friend's list...

its not the end of the world... ninja
and not only that, but a lot of people don't even know that accounts ARE banned.... and keep talking to them.. there should be a label or something

ninja

yeah...the account still gets comments from my friends who didnt even know my account got banned..-__-'''

J h a y b z_0 2

Stir Fried Muffin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:24 pm
Jhaybz_Rockz02
Stir Fried Muffin
Jhaybz_Rockz02

ninja

i agree...my old account got banned...and now it looks like a display in my friend's list...

and not only that, but a lot of people don't even know that accounts ARE banned.... and keep talking to them.. there should be a label or something

ninja

yeah...the account still gets comments from my friends who didnt even know my account got banned..-__-'''

lol User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. seriously. I dunno.. Some people like to display what they had.. but it's like: if you did something to get banned (although maybe you didn't and it was wrong... though i don't see how that could happen) then just accept that you'll never have those items again, and put them back into the economy... User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.; if that happened to me... i'ld probably screen shot my avi, and save it that way and maybe put a tribute on my new profile. but i'd be happy if the items were redistributed and not just sitting there to rot...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:36 pm
Stir Fried Muffin
Jhaybz_Rockz02
Stir Fried Muffin
Jhaybz_Rockz02

ninja

ninja

lol User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. seriously. I dunno.. Some people like to display what they had.. but it's like: if you did something to get banned (although maybe you didn't and it was wrong... though i don't see how that could happen) then just accept that you'll never have those items again, and put them back into the economy... User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.; if that happened to me... i'ld probably screen shot my avi, and save it that way and maybe put a tribute on my new profile. but i'd be happy if the items were redistributed and not just sitting there to rot...

ninja

yeah...so now im using this account..

J h a y b z_0 2

staranime

Greedy Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:56 pm
But the person worked hard for their stuff...
There has been petitions to get accounts back for innocent people...
The deleting thing wouldn't be a good idea...
Having the items in a giftbox would make giftboxes go higher.It would be unfair to have expensive items in daily chance because the item could go to a person who doesn't deserve it...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:47 pm
I don't agree with accounts being deleted because people can come back. And the thing is the staff can't get into your account because they won't know your password to get the stuff.  

Rosebudxo

Pailzor
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:26 am
I've already asked a couple mods about possibly using items from banned accounts to support the giveaway once Peasant and Goddess run out of gold....

They've said no, giving the reason of it not being right to unfairly banned accounts.
This means that your idea will also not work..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:41 am
honestly.. i don't really agree with the whole banning someone who is inactive for a certain amount of time. People have outside lives as well, things happen.

As for the items too, honestly, i don't think it's fair either. People worked hard for the items, if they are unfairly banned and then get their account back then their items are gone it would be BS for them. And besides that, people can get their own items, quest for them and earn them honestly.

I just don't agree with it I guess.  

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

ch0c0l4t3str4wb3rrYp0ckY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:44 am
I think that if your account gets banned or frozen then they should delete it after a while but not if you haven't been on for a while  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:49 am
The name thing, YEAH! I tried to make up a mule name it would be like that name is to simular to another and I check that name up, and the account is abbandonned. Im like F**k  

Nixxen

WhyAreYouStalkingMe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:07 am
Yeah, I think deleting the banned accounts is a really good idea. :3 <3 Do you know how many usernames there are that belong to people who've been banned that a lot of people would love to use now? :0

And not only that, but it would save space on Gaia... that would be a lot less acounts if you deleted all the banned ones. And isn't Gaia always doing new things (Such as the "letters and numbers only" username thing they used to have, and the fact that we now have a limit of 500 comments in our profile comment boxes until our oldest ones start getting deleted after getting new ones. xP) to make room? >>;;

And yeah, more rare items to go around would be awesomeness. :0 <3 Especially since I got really worried when I only saw THREE Golden Laurels in the marketplace two days ago.
There's about eight or so in the marketplace now, but now they're about 60k higher. D;

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:34 am
Yeah...  

finalkeyblader

Dapper Businessman

Teh Fruit Booter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:08 am
agreed  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:10 am
What is a person chose a name that used to belong to a scammer, and he/she gets flamed because of that?

Wabbet

Witty Rabbit

19,525 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Twiist`

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:13 am
I admit this is a good idea, but I have something that's been stuck on my mind.

Why not just have a delete button for the user?

I have a few accounts the belonged to my friends I want to delete, plus a mule I used to have. And it is a waste of room for those wasteful avatars that are out there that get banned.

Honestly, I'm sure the Gaia Staff is thinking of something to fix this problem...

...very slowly.

[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces