Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Why "Emo" ? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So how old are you? Be honest....
  12 and under....
  13 - 15
  16 - 20
  21 -25
  26 - 30
  31 +
View Results

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:07 pm

You'd be surprised at how many people spell my name wrong.
MY OWN PARENTS.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:31 pm
[Ashes][is][Ashes]

You'd be surprised at how many people spell my name wrong.
MY OWN PARENTS.

Thats crazy!
Tehe you are a frog now!  

Eri Luvs You
Crew

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:40 pm

Yes, I'm a froggie. Cuz I feel like one.
I need a prince to kiss me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:38 pm
[Ashes][is][Ashes]

You won't find one here. :S  

Rellik San
Captain

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:50 pm
[Ashes][is][Ashes]

then i'm gonna be a toad  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:35 pm

Rellik: Eh, that's okay. I'd rather know my Prince in RL.
Sov: COPYCAT!
lol I didn't realize it was you...I looked in another thread and was all "wtf," and then "SOV!!!"
It was funny.
mrgreen

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:58 am
we can be all hoppitty together  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:09 am
I became emo two years ago....Honestly, I still have the same hobbies, but sometimes, I just sit there and think what I regret in my life....So sometimes when I do that, I hurt myself for every time I made someone cry or mad or feel bad... Which explains the scars I have on my arms and legs. But as for why I became emo, I'd rather not say....I wouldn't want to humiliate myself in front of people I never met...Hell, I never told anyone why I became emo...  

The Raining Soul

nessielove

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:56 pm
Jirika_Hanashima
I'm not depressed. I just wear a lot of black and listen to Emotive Harcore. :3
Anyhoo, I turned "emo" in the sixth grade, actually. o_o;;

just like me ...... except in the 6th grade thing......  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:02 pm
Soviet Mudkipz
we can be all hoppitty together

=D
I love that idea.

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

Alternate275

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:09 pm
XxXcherr1starsXxX
Jirika_Hanashima
I'm not depressed. I just wear a lot of black and listen to Emotive Harcore. :3
Anyhoo, I turned "emo" in the sixth grade, actually. o_o;;

just like me ...... except in the 6th grade thing......

I'm only hear cuz I have a loved one that's supposedly emo... And cuz I wanna be friends with emo...

And probably learn more about emo and the general concept of it...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:47 pm
no one really knows what emo is, there's too many definitions, theres ttoo many things goign fo rthose definitinos, and also against so theres not real definition  

The Dadalorian
Crew

tetsoysauce

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:32 pm
Damn you Internet!

yeah....i don't know how to describe the process of how i became emo....if i ever did at all. For anyone who gives a s**t, I wrote a detailed short history of the process of how i got in and out of emo. But in short I'll just give the rest of you the short story.

Emo was just a change in how we wrote and changed our music from the previous pop punk craze. We weren't manic depressive as some people may characterize emo bands. In fact, we were very happy with what we were doing. This whole idea of emo kids are just the exact same thing as the Gen X kids from the grunge era. The music and styles changed. The attitudes of jaded teenagers did not change. So if you're one of those emo kid scenesters ******** YOU for giving the music we loved a bad name.

my friends and i were all in bands in middle school (09/1999-06/2002) and we all were obsessed with being punk and rocking out with our cocks out. as you can imagine, we listened to blink-182, Green Day, Sum 41, Incubus, Nirvana, Linkin Park and Good Charlotte. when we got to high school in sepetember of 2002 we started exploring our musical tastes more and my mind which up until that point was oblivious to any other bands suddenly opened up and I started listening to Thursday, Midtown, The Early November, Hidden In Plain View, The Number 12 Looks Like You, Saves The Day, Brand New, Taking Back Sunday, Thrice, The Used, Weezer, AFI, alexisonfire, Saosin, Armor For Sleep, and Senses Fail. Most of the bands my friends and I started listening to were around in the local scene (we're from Bergen County, NJ) so we would see these bands often.

By the end of freshman year, we had all broken out of our current bands and reformed into new ones. High school was a lot more different than middle school and it really change us and the songs we were writing at the time. I quit my current band by half way through sophomore year and just stood on the side continuing to write music, while the rest of my friends were still moving forward with their bands. It really wasn't until Battle of the Bands in Spring 2004 that I realized how much the music we all were writing was changing to something a little more deep than "I can't get the girl who I have a crush on to like me." Once we hit junior year we had three big rock bands coming out of our town. The first was Eastbound -- my friends in this band kept true to their original pop punk feel but their lyrics changed for the better. The second was Verona Fair -- my friend's masterpiece band, which started off something closer to old Early November. The last band was My Fair Hazel -- they were younger than us and we didn't really know them that well, but I thought they were decent.

Half way through Junior Year, I started getting a band together again with two of my friends called Tres Faux. Verona Fair's lineup changed from a four piece band to a five piece band with 3 guitars, bass, drums. At this point Verona Fair was cranking out lighter rock music. Eastbound was cranking out solid pop songs and well My Fair Hazel was never really talked about amongst us.

Fall of Senior Year rolled around and my band hired a new guitarist. Verona Fair's lineup changed once again, and so did Eastbound. Verona Fair fired one of their guitarists, hired a new one and my friend stopped playing guitar to go to keys and lead vocals. Eastbound fired their lead singer and guitarist and got a new guitarist and their other guitarist stepped up to the mike. My Fair Hazel became For The Honor and had an endlessly changing lineup. Verona Fair's music became very poppy and my friends in VF and Eastbound were all talking about going to a professional studio to record their demos. At this point, both of them were working on getting signed. That fall's Battle of the Bands saw Tres Faux and Verona Fair playing our own concoction of emo. I started listening to more of the Victory Records lineup at the time and became very interested in adapting some post-hardcore elements into Tres Faux's music. By the end of the year, Verona Fair spent a weekend in upstate NY recording their Drop to Drop EP at Nada Recording Studios and had it produced by John Naclerio and had one of their songs produced by Paul Carabello of The Ataris. A couple months later Eastbound followed suit and had their EP produced by John Naclerio.

Winter of Senior Year also saw a lot of changes in our bands. After getting sick and tired of doing EVERYTHING for my band since my other band members didn't know what they were doing in terms of self-promotion and playing shows, I quit Tres Faux. Verona Fair broke up not long after having their Drop to Drop EP was recorded. The new guitarist Verona Fair had hired the past summer went on to a band called Kindly in Disgrace, which became Van Atta High. My friend still clutched onto the idea of having Verona Fair being revived. Eastbound was still doing their thing and touring around Bergen County gaining support. Around this time we all started easing ourselves out of the whole notion of emo. It was no longer fun and we were going on to check out this whole powerpop scene.

Spring of Senior Year saw the official demise of Verona Fair when my friend finally gave up on his lost band. In preparation for Battle of the Bands my friend Nick, ex-Verona Fair drummer Ilan, and I just half-assed this band that agreed to be a gimmick band that was not at all serious and ended up getting kicked off the stage for not leaving when our set was over. The audience wanted us to stick around and kept giving us requests, so we would improvise and rock out. Eastbound also played and was hands down the best sounding band there.

None of us were manic depressive we were just us a bunch of guys who had gone through the trials of a teenager. We knew what love was. We knew what it felt like to deal with breakups. We knew what it was like to feel alone and abandoned. But we wrote music to define our world and what WE saw. The end of most of our music careers ended with our departure for college. We all ended up going in much different directions. My friend from Verona Fair became the Head of the Street Team at I Surrender Records, I joined the I Surrender Records Street Team, and eastbound went on hiatus. When Eastbound played a short reunion show during Thanksgiving 2006, they dedicated their set to all of us and invited us on stage to rock out with them. Eastbound is still out there writing and recording music, waiting to be signed. Good luck to them.

This long post is dedicated to all of you guys who know what emo means to them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:45 pm
*wipes eyes*
what the hell
did you jsut type it out now, or have you done it before and saved it  

The Dadalorian
Crew

tetsoysauce

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:50 pm
Soviet Mudkipz
*wipes eyes*
what the hell
did you jsut type it out now, or have you done it before and saved it

lawl i felt like typing it out just now. i needed something to distract my attention from doing actual work. so i got kind of involved. and because i'm so self-absorbed i wrote a helluva lot of stuff about my music life in high school. trust me i did other stuff other than play music i'm not that totally pathetic like half of Bergen County, NJ.  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games