Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
"You Can't Sing In Chinese!!!" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mymiridon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:59 am
Chibito7
We British came up with the Popstars idea first. I remember that only too well. rolleyes Then America caught the wondrous fever. Will Young became the first Pop Idol winner, Gareth Gates the runner up, and Michelle McManus won the second year's. Kelly Clarkson became a star after American Idol, the alternative of Pop Idol, started. Then we scrapped Pop Idol and created X Factor.

*sigh*

lol and the U.S took that and turned it into a variety of dare shows. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:09 pm
Indeed. It has become some sort of... crazy trend. Man. Now it's not just singing shows. We have dancing shows. Did anyone watch the Dance Eurovision (can you believe it?! Graham Norton and that presenter from Strictly presented... Claudia, that's her name. At least they are relatively funny...)? Who won? Great Britain had the unfair advantage dancing-wise. Both of our dancers are professional and celebrities, so... But who the heck would vote for us anyway?! It's a politics based competition anyway. At least we didn't end up with zero points in the Eurovision Song one, last the year before. Phff.

Next it'll be cooking. Or something. Cooking is a big TV thing now too, as is ice skating... Hm...  

Chibito7

mymiridon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:51 am
Chibito7
Indeed. It has become some sort of... crazy trend. Man. Now it's not just singing shows. We have dancing shows. Did anyone watch the Dance Eurovision (can you believe it?! Graham Norton and that presenter from Strictly presented... Claudia, that's her name. At least they are relatively funny...)? Who won? Great Britain had the unfair advantage dancing-wise. Both of our dancers are professional and celebrities, so... But who the heck would vote for us anyway?! It's a politics based competition anyway. At least we didn't end up with zero points in the Eurovision Song one, last the year before. Phff.

Next it'll be cooking. Or something. Cooking is a big TV thing now too, as is ice skating... Hm...

i don't think ice skating is a big thing in the u.s but there is this show about cooking called hell's kitchen. I still don't understand why people want to watch it.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:15 pm
Finland won Eurovision Dance, but they deserved it, their last dance was just beautiful and the music was lovely too. <3 I'm okay that the UK didn't win, but we came SECOND LAST when Brendan and Camilla are obviously amazing.. but the European countries all like vote for their neighbours and we just.. don't have any xD

I generally hate reality TV (can't stand X-factor) but I loved Britain's Got Talent (LITTLE CONNIE TALBOT!!!! She was this six-year-old girl who was SO AMAZING at singing... but the opera guy won). Oh, and I watch Strictly (Come Dancing, but everyone calls it Strictly) every year...

Niphz
Crew

Akilika

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:51 pm
personally for me. i can sing fine canto or mando so long as i know the lyrics- like i get the words that i'm actually singing. if i can say it, then i can sing it  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:41 am
Niphz
Finland won Eurovision Dance, but they deserved it, their last dance was just beautiful and the music was lovely too. <3 I'm okay that the UK didn't win, but we came SECOND LAST when Brendan and Camilla are obviously amazing.. but the European countries all like vote for their neighbours and we just.. don't have any xD

I generally hate reality TV (can't stand X-factor) but I loved Britain's Got Talent (LITTLE CONNIE TALBOT!!!! She was this six-year-old girl who was SO AMAZING at singing... but the opera guy won). Oh, and I watch Strictly (Come Dancing, but everyone calls it Strictly) every year...

Aaah. Good for Finland. 3nodding I knew we would get little votes, even though our couple were fantastic in the first dance. That's all I pretty much saw, haha. And yep. A politics war, that's what it is! *sigh* Oh well. Whatever. Second last... the poor things didn't deserve that. sad

The girl who was like Mary Poppins and flew in the sky? To be honest... I found her a little annoying. I only watched one show, so it might not be her. sweatdrop She was awful cute, but kind of annoying.

Yes, I like Strictly. 3nodding X Factor is okay... Big Brother, well... xd Man.

@Yalie: Yeah, we have Hell's Kitchen too. I quite like the cooking shows. Then again, I like my TV. xd  

Chibito7

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:21 am
Nononono! Not that girl, the really really tiny one who sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow..

Brendan will be so pissed off, knowing his character xD I can't wait 'til Strictly comes back(ing?) <3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:24 am
Camilla as in the guy the prince wants to marry? o.O

@b&B: I hate big brother. It's a stupid show for voyeurs and attention whores (no offense to people who actually watch it) and it always runs over time in the U.S so i miss my regular programing... stupid nbc... stare

Birtons got talent? that's just like America's got talent! I've been hearing bad things about the show, like how the contestants have no talent... eek  

mymiridon

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:54 am
Aaah. I didn't see that girl. whee And yeah. Brendan will be. And might start slagging off the competition and stuff. xd

*laughs* Yalie, America's Got Talent was taken from Britain's Got Talent. Wotcha expect? Britain seems to be producing these kinda shows at top break neck speed. stare

And nooo. Camilla is one of the professional dancers on Strictly Come Dancing. She is paired up with a male celeb. Brendan is one of the professional male dancers on the show.

About Big Brother, I think it's kind of stupid, though I don't mind watching it now and again. The country's usually split over this topic. You either love it or hate it. rolleyes I didn't know America had BB too, but then again I'm not surprised. Thank god this year we don't have Celeb BB. Last year's was a riot...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:35 am
Ohh.. I love Brendan. Really. Arrogance and all. xD But I love Anton more.. and I love BRUNO the most. <3

@yalie - I believe I watched a couple eps of the American version of Strictly, I believe it had somewhat of a dumbed-down title ("Let's Dance!" or something?), but Len and Bruno were on there. -nodnod-

BB is stupid, full stop.

Niphz
Crew

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:05 pm
xd Agreed!

(I wonder how many BB hate clubs there are out there...? *muses to self*)

I find Brendan funny. His arrogance and his looks. He just looks like... a fox. Or something. xd Anton's LOVELY. *squishes* He's just so adorable! And yes, Bruno is wonderful too. I find Arlene strict ( xd ), but they need that I suppose (just like Simon Cowell, his majesty), and it's not like I'm against her. Did you watch Dance X (X Factor? Dance X? Phff...)? Do you know which team won? Len I find is okay, and I find Craig rather amusing at times. I just find Strictly much more entertaining in general, and Forsyth it his typical self. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:41 pm
In america it's "dancing with the stars" ... I think.

I didn't really like it, I mean sure dancing is great and all, but it's kind of boring unless there's certain people on it. Plus everyone says the same thing "It was a great experience" blah blah blah. It's like no one ever has a bad experience. talk2hand  

mymiridon

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:05 pm
I dunno, I think it's quite fun.. XD My dad always ends up trying to teach me those dances... rofl Family event, Strictly is.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:06 pm
I guess family bonding is good... but I have to take a fine arts class and I'm thinking of dance... I hope that's a fine arts class. I've always wanted to learn how to dance (mostly ballet because then I wouldn't really need a partner)  

mymiridon

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:56 pm
Isn't ballet quite hard to take up at this kind of stage if you don't have a background of it? Ballroom is easier to get into, I think.. but I mean, it's not impossible I guess..

..what are the other fine arts choices?

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces