Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Scam and Hack Stories. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

J h a y b z_0 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:21 pm
ninja save your goodbyes...

ninja

if they need gold, they shouldve asked nicely...not to pretend that ur a mod or something....they just have to understand that all of us worked hard for our gold...

its not the end of the world... ninja

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:31 pm
ive never gottan scamed on gaia (thank god) but i have been hacked and pass change on a game once...not fun...  

zomgwhee

Pasithea

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:32 pm
Megan Meggie
I was so close to getting a CoCo and I was hacked and I couldn't get back on my account. So, I had to get a new account. I don't think I will try for another CoCo again. I was really upset all my hard work down the drain. Someone told me to come here and I haven't won anything here yet. I tried making a thread and I alls I got was good luck. I really don't know how I was hacked either, won't ever know.

Did you ever try to 'retrieve your password'? Or did the hackers change your E-mail too?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:36 pm
iCrayon
I once had someone who offered to trade everything I was wearing for 3 sealeds (which was about twice as much as I had), and then said the mods told him not to put the sealeds in the trade, but send them afterward. rolleyes
Is it stoopid in here...

If he gave you the trade first put all your crap up there, hit confirm, but not accept trade. Now take out all your stuff when he accepts and grab teh sealeds. YOU'VE BEEN PUNK'D!!!!! But of course, you shouldn't do this stead of him gettin taken downtown, you are.

...or is it just me?

DumberDan

Flurgin Popin

Dapper Citizen

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:47 pm
DumberDan
iCrayon
I once had someone who offered to trade everything I was wearing for 3 sealeds (which was about twice as much as I had), and then said the mods told him not to put the sealeds in the trade, but send them afterward. rolleyes
Is it stoopid in here...

If he gave you the trade first put all your crap up there, hit confirm, but not accept trade. Now take out all your stuff when he accepts and grab teh sealeds. YOU'VE BEEN PUNK'D!!!!! But of course, you shouldn't do this stead of him gettin taken downtown, you are.

...or is it just me?

No, that wouldn't work, because if you change when the other person accepts, than the other person would have to confirm what you just changed.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:51 pm
I tried to have fun with the one scammer who PMed me, but he never replied emo For whatever reason, I seem to repel scammers and the like.  

Zephire

Encarton

Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:54 pm
Zephire
I tried to have fun with the one scammer who PMed me, but he never replied emo For whatever reason, I seem to repel scammers and the like.

Same here I've had 3 attempts on me but then I seem to scare them off >_>

Hehe maybe I shouldn't threaten them in my pms xd  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:11 pm
I hate those stupid PM's! I fell for it once...I had actually just joined gaia and I knew I shouldn't give my password but I did anyway since I was panicking...and then all my stuff was gone stare And ever since then every time I have gotten PM's like that I just report them and then delete the PM.  

Lucifer Fayte

Zyvix

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:30 pm
This is the Story of my Hacking

Okay, so one day my friend told (in the real world) me that I got hacked. She had a friend that got all the stuff that me and my sister had (she got hacked too). So I kept on reporting her, but she quited and gave all of her stuff to my friend that told me. So I was beginning to suspect my friends that I had since I was two through five. After that her friend that she was friends with since elementary school hacked her. Then my friend hacked her account and is holding it hostage until she gives back her account. Now my friend's friend said that she forgot her password. But it doesn't matter anymore, but I still want some stuff back.

This was how I looked like

User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:32 pm
My friend actually scammed a scammer he said that he would give his password for 3k and she gave it to him then he reported her. At least he got her stuff before she got banned  

Zyvix

o 0 R i t s u k a 0 o

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:42 am
I've gotten quite a few pm's..they scared me so much I made it so I only received pm's from my friends. Which made me so sad cause I love random pm's and now I have it set so I can receive pm's from anyone. But reading all of this makes me feel better now > <;

But the very first time someone tried to hack me through a pm pretending to be a mod. I freaked out...but I freaked out and panicked so much I made myself sick. But I knew not to give my password out and I just posted a thread saying someone tried hacking me Dx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:07 am
I've had a few hack attempts

The first one I got was when I was at my boyfriend's. I got a random PM from someone posing as a mod. They said that I had been suspected of hacking someone and so I was freaking out, aloud, when my boyfriend was in the room. He came over and asked what was up and I told him and showed him the pm and he just started laughing. I was perplexed that he was laughing about me being accused of hacking someone, so I responded with "Why are you laughing?! I'm being accused of hacking someone!" And he said "Report it. Because someone just tried to hack you." I was like O_O and then I reported it. This was back when I first started on gaia.  

Blood Raevyn

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Pasithea

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:47 am
XIIVIIX
This is the Story of my Hacking

Okay, so one day my friend told (in the real world) me that I got hacked. She had a friend that got all the stuff that me and my sister had (she got hacked too). So I kept on reporting her, but she quited and gave all of her stuff to my friend that told me. So I was beginning to suspect my friends that I had since I was two through five. After that her friend that she was friends with since elementary school hacked her. Then my friend hacked her account and is holding it hostage until she gives back her account. Now my friend's friend said that she forgot her password. But it doesn't matter anymore, but I still want some stuff back.

This was how I looked like

User ImageUser Image

You must have gotten hacked not too long ago since you had the tome items. You got hacked like a week ago then?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:50 am
Loveless_Ritsuka_Aoyagi
I've gotten quite a few pm's..they scared me so much I made it so I only received pm's from my friends. Which made me so sad cause I love random pm's and now I have it set so I can receive pm's from anyone. But reading all of this makes me feel better now > <;

But the very first time someone tried to hack me through a pm pretending to be a mod. I freaked out...but I freaked out and panicked so much I made myself sick. But I knew not to give my password out and I just posted a thread saying someone tried hacking me Dx

Aww! I'm glad my thread is helping you feel better. xD

You did the right thing. You just report the PM and if you're not sure ask in the Q&A forum and they'll tell you.

Mods and admin never need your password though because they can already see the stuff that's in your account and see all of your trades and things. :3

So if someone PMs you again saying that they're a mod and need your password then just report them and put them on ignore. ^__^  

Pasithea

SlutBox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:40 am
Aha, that story of yours is quite funny. xDD

For some strange reason though, I seem to get those kinds of PM's whenever I participate in Avi contests or hang out in the CB a lot. But since I sort of stopped the PM's stopped coming, I sort of miss getting those PM's. It's just oh so fun to mess with them. But i'm still happy those little rip-off artists quit bugging me. x3

[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff