Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Condoms, pills, patches, oh my! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Chu Monster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:19 pm
o.o so how bad are blood clots? Like.. deadly?

And what are the odds of getting blood clots from the patch D:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:06 am
I called her on the phone and she touched herself...

I am not currently on anything because 1. I am not having sex and 2. we stopped having a drug plan for awhile. We just got one again but there is no point in me going all the way to the free clinic in the next town over to get pills that I don't particularly need right now anyways. (I don't have a doctor right now and the free clinic in town closed. >_>) I was on the pill for awhile (Alesse, to be specific) and it didn't give me any problems. Occasionally I would get breast tenderness but I get that sometime regardless and if you miss a pill or two sometimes you start spotting. Not a big deal, just inconvenient.

Um, also with the blood clotting, it all depends on how bad and where. They can be pretty serious though if a big enough one travels to certain places in your body and blocks the blood flow.. specifically your brain (clearly a vital part of the body) and they can also cause a lot of problems if one gets to your heart.

...I laughed myself to sleep.

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

Duchess Dill

Angelic Gaian

12,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:19 am
    I take after my mum, so I might need to take pills later in life to at least have regular periods. I've never heard anything about the pill causing trouble with pregnancies though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:01 am
I'm on the pill currently although it is incredibly annoying if you ever forget to take it. [With the memory of a walrus with dementia tis hard for me].
It's not a hundred percent fail safe either. I wouldn't recommend the shot or the coil as a few of my friends have tried them and it really messes with your hormones as the rest of you have already pointed out.
I'm glad you've thought about contraception at all though, tis very mature of you.
And I'm sure you know to always use a condom if you're with a new partner you're unsure of in -case of STDs and things like that!

Cherry Choo

Noxness

1,400 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:45 am
Spectral in heaven as climbs the frail veiled moon,
Apparently now they have plastic IUDs or whatever those things were called, which aren't as harmful as the metal ones they used to use o.O
So climbs my dream.
-William Rose Benet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:26 am
I used a condom many times and never had any problems!  

BleachRules23

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:09 am
Let me just get one thing down.

The "pill" isn't just for sex only. It can be used for a number of things. One is stabling horomones. Another is to stable girls who are irregular. Three is to help with depression. And finally it can be used as an acne medication.

I just want to get this straight down to everyone. It is not a life-threatening pill, though it does have some side-effects. It depends on the DOSAGE and how strong it is as well. Plus there are many different kinds and forms of birth-control pills. Don't let the name "birth-control" fool you though. Its been used for many different reasons. Nothing to be ashamed of really.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:15 pm
I feel safer with condoms than with the pill actually.

But it feels so much better without the damned things, so I'm on the pill.

No slip-ups yet.

But it's hard to remember to take the thing at the same time everyday.

Xyloid

Lady Chu Monster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:15 pm
I wouldn't be able to take the pill because my schedule is so messed up and I never wake up at the same time Dx and I'm ALWAYS forgetting to take my other vitamins and pain pills in the morning as it is. xP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:38 pm
I was on birthcontrol. Ortho Tricyclin. . . .however that is spelled. I ended up weighing 30 lbs more, and I don't eat much.

So I stopped. I usually only use condoms with my fiance.

Though I am looking at Yaz. I've heard good things, and the condoms do annoy us so.  

Athilea Majiri

Victorious Hunter

10,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100

beccamon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:51 pm
Well since I don't HAVE sex, I don't need to worry about getting pregnant [[phooey D;]] but I have used BC pills before [[to help with my skin]] and like I've said in a different thread, I've used Tricyclin [[I think that's what it's called]] which I think comes in a little yellow thingie and I've used something else that comes in a pale/skin colors thing [[I liked that stuff better]] but I want Yaz because it sounds REALLY cool, it helps with bloating and cramping and moodiness and even acne.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:54 pm
Rechu
I wouldn't be able to take the pill because my schedule is so messed up and I never wake up at the same time Dx and I'm ALWAYS forgetting to take my other vitamins and pain pills in the morning as it is. xP

Don't they let you take it at night? My doctor told me I could take it either in the morning or at night but she recommended morning because it was easier to remember. [[I take Prozac in the morning so maybe once I start BC pills again I'll take one at night and the other in the morning or something]]

beccamon

Secret Duckie

Witty Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I swear by birth control, though you should match it with condoms. :]

As for the side effects...
Well, most pills have an effect on a woman's weight. But, it effects people differently. Some people lose weight from certain ones that others gain weight with. It's a trial and error sort of thing. But the good part is that once the weight is put on, you lose it right away with some exercise. It's pretty much all water weight.

I was on some sort of off-brand that they give you at Planned Parenthood [Microgestin, or something like that] and it made me gain 20 lbs in less than a year. D:

Right now I'm on Ortho Tricyclin Low. It's low on the hormones, so it doesn't effect you as much. It's been good for me, I think. It has improved all of the things other's have said, as well, like acne and pms.

The postitives are the obvious being able to have sex and be okay with it, but there's also menstruation perks. It DRAMATICALLY helps with cramping and lightens flow. Which is great for me, since I used to have an awful time with both.

As for the abortion part:
Yes. Because I think every woman has the right to decide on her own. And if I can't raise a child, I'm not going to let it come into this world. I don't want another person to have to suffer because I made a mistake.

I think there should be a limit to how many abortions a woman can have [as to rule out it being used as a form of birth control], but that it's natural and fine.

And it's not murder in my view. For a few reasons. Firstly, in the alloted time allowed for the abortion to be legal, the fetus could not survive outside the womb on it's own. It would need quite a lot of outside support, and then it will 9 times out of 10 still die. Secondly, we kill insects, and they're far more developed than a fetus. YES, IT'S TRUE.

I think the amount of time that you can have an abortion [like the latest stage that the procedure can be preformed] should be cut back so that it's not as long.

And think about it... do you want one more kid on the street because someone made a mistake? Or do you want some poor child full of all sorts of mental problems because they had to grow up in an orphanage without ever being adopted? [Not saying that that's what it's always like, just that there's many a person who fits that]

If you can take care of the child, you shouldn't have an abortion. But if you're 16 years old and going to school, not even having a job, for the love of god, abort.

That's my input. Hope you liked reading that novel I just wrote. o__o;
<3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:11 pm
P3NGW!N
Rechu

Don't they let you take it at night? My doctor told me I could take it either in the morning or at night but she recommended morning because it was easier to remember. [[I take Prozac in the morning so maybe once I start BC pills again I'll take one at night and the other in the morning or something]]

You can take it at any time that will stay the same everyday. [Give or take a few hours]

You could take it after school, if you want.

I take mine at night, which is about 11pm during the school year, and during the summer can be as late as 3am. And yes, it still works. As long as it's within 4 hours or so, you'll be fine.
<3

Secret Duckie

Witty Fatcat

Secret Duckie

Witty Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:16 pm
Rechu
o.o so how bad are blood clots? Like.. deadly?

And what are the odds of getting blood clots from the patch D:

Any clot can and will kill you if left alone.

It gains in size the longer it travels through the blood stream. So it's needs to be dealt with immediately.

Really, there's only so much talk about the patch having clots because it's new. The pill has REALLY bad side effects, as well, but they're so rare and pretty much forgotten about since it's been around so long.

But the patch is pretty recent, so new health concerns popping up will naturally make front page news.

[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff