Angel Sanctuary Anime? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:56 pm
YGOPaladin

Is it reallly? I didn't remember some of those pictures. I need to watch the OVA again I think....

I'm 95% sure that that's the OVA. I watched it while I was working sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:55 pm
Moonlit Masquerade
YGOPaladin

Is it reallly? I didn't remember some of those pictures. I need to watch the OVA again I think....

I'm 95% sure that that's the OVA. I watched it while I was working sweatdrop

Those caps are from the OAV ::nods::  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:41 pm
Sai-kun

Those caps are from the OAV ::nods::

Ok, phew, it would've been embarassing if it wasn't. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:05 am
This thread interested me even though logically there could be no Anime coming out because the mangas have been around in Japan for waaaaay too long for it to bring in any money there. But I checked around and you would be surprised how many people have heard/believe that there is going to be one. But nothing has come out from reliable places like the publisher or the people who did the movie so I think it isn't true.

But god do I wish it was...three episodes doesn't really do the series justice.  

Izumi-san

YGOPaladin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:56 pm
Izumi-san

But god do I wish it was...three episodes doesn't really do the series justice.

Yeah I know crying  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:00 pm
<-- doesnt remember seeing katou and yoji in the aov.....damn but it is true that its highly unlikely that theyll make an AS anime but then again in the US some of the new anime can be eaten up swiftly so lots of $$$.....i dunno  

Rafael the Wind Angel

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:42 pm
Rafael the Wind Angel
<-- doesnt remember seeing katou and yoji in the aov.....damn but it is true that its highly unlikely that theyll make an AS anime but then again in the US some of the new anime can be eaten up swiftly so lots of $$$.....i dunno

Katou and Youji make their appearance way in the beginning of the first ep when the gang kicks Setsuna around.
Youji vanishes, and Katou appears throughout the OAV as Rociel's unwitting goon.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:57 am
Sai-kun
Rafael the Wind Angel

Katou and Youji make their appearance way in the beginning of the first ep when the gang kicks Setsuna around.
Youji vanishes, and Katou appears throughout the OAV as Rociel's unwitting goon.

It's kind of sad how many characters were (almost) left out in the OAV, especially Ruri and Kirie are persons I really miss...  

Katinchen012

Amikins

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:13 pm
Oh, I saw a small clip of this..somewhere. It looked a bit 'disappointing'.

Fitting the whole manga into 3 episodes, how silly.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:08 pm
Amikins

They didnt fit the whole manga into 3 eps :3 That'd be impossible.

It was just the Assiah arc that was crammed into 3 eps...thats about 3 volumes, and thats with cutting out a great deal of story line and characters...  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Amikins

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:50 pm
Sai-kun
Amikins

They didnt fit the whole manga into 3 eps :3 That'd be impossible.

It was just the Assiah arc that was crammed into 3 eps...thats about 3 volumes, and thats with cutting out a great deal of story line and characters...

o.o;; Ooooh I see. It did seem a lil impossible.

Thanks for clearing that up <3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:45 pm
Katinchen012

It's kind of sad how many characters were (almost) left out in the OAV, especially Ruri and Kirie are persons I really miss...

I think if Ruri was in it, it would've been way more interesting. I was completely turned off by the AS OVA.  

Moonlit Masquerade

Sesshie-chan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:50 am
i've heard and have acually seen it on the shelves at a FYE store. i asked a question similer on a live jornal community for angle sancuary.

is the anime any good? i've only read the manga so far?

what they said is that the anime is mostly like a teaser and the voice acting in a few words sucks. i personally even thou i haven't seen it, think that they portray rosiel sadly...he looks way hotter in the manga and looks....just plain bad in the anime. but that's just my oppion and the fact that it's all based on screen shots i found online.

well what do you guys think about the anime?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:01 am
Sesshie-chan
i've heard and have acually seen it on the shelves at a FYE store. i asked a question similer on a live jornal community for angle sancuary.

is the anime any good? i've only read the manga so far?

what they said is that the anime is mostly like a teaser and the voice acting in a few words sucks. i personally even thou i haven't seen it, think that they portray rosiel sadly...he looks way hotter in the manga and looks....just plain bad in the anime. but that's just my oppion and the fact that it's all based on screen shots i found online.

well what do you guys think about the anime?

Haha, I think we've discussed the condition of the OAV lots on this forum.
In my opinion, the OAV sucks doesnt do the manga justice. At all.
It's good if you are very familiar with the manga and are a fan and just want to see your favorite characters in motion, but its not done very well.
For one, it is like a teaser, like you said, it only encompases 3 1/2 books of the Assiah arc and cuts out some of the more complex plot points.
The anime I believe was probably completely CGed which is not good in most cases, its just really bad animation quality. Its choppy, with little continuity of flow. Its like ::Katan stretches out hand!, next frame, BRIGHTLIGHTSFLASHY!!! Cut to scene of some rubble::
The special effects are bad and look patched on as an afterthought, etcetc.
I think you get it that I didnt like the OAV...XD Also the coloration is bad...Rosiel wears a mustard yellow trenchcoat and pink shoes or something...its horrible...

Please dont watch the dub unless you want to die laughing...

Not good to start with if you dont know much about Angel Sanctuary, it'll spoil the magic of hte manga for you.
But if you're already an established fan and can take the OAV with a grain of salt, then go ahead and watch it. Hell, I own the damned thing...  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Ninael

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:52 am
I thought that it was just the 3-episode OVA, but in any case, it wasn't that great. The manga is so much better.  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff