Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
Elf vs. Human Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elfshaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:20 pm
Mistreena
So you ARE an elf (I knew it! you guys DO exist!), and there are more of you in this guild posting here. It seems almost as though everyone knows what and who elves are. And I don't.

You are humanoid with more defined features and heightened senses. Do you live amongst humans? Or in an alternate world? Or switch between the two/more worlds?
What about faeries? Do you know if they are real? What they look like, where they live?
Yeah I'll go post this in the Eleven Culture thread.

And I'll agree, it depends on what you are arguing/debating about. In what way are you superior, etc?
you definitely sound cooler to me. And all/most of the stories (which you can't trust anyway, though I'd love to be proved wrong and have the stories turn out right) say that elves are peaceful creatures, are kind, etc. Unlike many humans, who are selfish and uncaring and well....love to make war.

actually anyone who wants can go to my thread about elven culture in the grimoire to read about the type of elves i come from. as where we live as far as my knowledge goes it goes along with the ideas of higher selves. i am an elf when i astral project but my body here on earth is human. are there any elves physically on earth? i beleive there may have been once but i'm not sure and i don't think there are any now.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:16 pm
Now here is a question for you: Are you a Tolkein elf or a Anglo-Saxon/Germanic elf?

Personally I do not belief in the existance of Otherkin. However, for the sake of this debate I will pretend to.  

Cunning Witch Angus

Elfshaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:46 am
Arcanist Angus
Now here is a question for you: Are you a Tolkein elf or a Anglo-Saxon/Germanic elf?

Personally I do not belief in the existance of Otherkin. However, for the sake of this debate I will pretend to.

quite frankly no one is forcing you to participate in this debate. if you don't beleive in otherkin then by all means you can ignore the thread. as for the type of elf i am it's neither of the options you gave me. i have never found an earth equivalent to my elves though if i had to guess i'd say most likely tuathan fae would be most similar but even they aren't the same in every way  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:08 am
Before I point out some of the things I find a bit strange in your claims, I've been dying to ask.

How old are you?

Namikikyo

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:38 am
Elfshaman
Arcanist Angus

quite frankly no one is forcing you to participate in this debate. if you don't beleive in otherkin then by all means you can ignore the thread. as for the type of elf i am it's neither of the options you gave me. i have never found an earth equivalent to my elves though if i had to guess i'd say most likely tuathan fae would be most similar but even they aren't the same in every way

The only historical and mythological evidence I have on elves are those of the Germanic countries. Could you please source what this Tuathan Fae is?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:12 am
Namikikyo
Before I point out some of the things I find a bit strange in your claims, I've been dying to ask.

How old are you?

if i tell you i'm twelve you'll assume i'm full of bullshit and start critizing me. if i say i'm 40 you'll be more likely to beleive me. so i'd like to ask why should i tell you how old i am. quite frankly it shouldn't matter

as for tuathan fae they are a common celtic myth. have you ever heard of Tuatha de Danaan? thats what i'm talking about.  

Elfshaman

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:26 am
Elfshaman
Namikikyo

How old are you?

if i tell you i'm twelve you'll assume i'm full of bullshit and start critizing me. if i say i'm 40 you'll be more likely to beleive me. so i'd like to ask why should i tell you how old i am. quite frankly it shouldn't matter

as for tuathan fae they are a common celtic myth. have you ever heard of Tuatha de Danaan? thats what i'm talking about.

Last I checked, You could be 50 and I'll think you're suffering from dementia. But who cares about logic these days, right?

Anyways, I believe it does matter. I've noticed that it's extremely common for people who believe that they are "otherkin" to be in their teens.

But, I already have a good guess anyways.

And, Yes, I have heard of them. Though, I would like to see proof of what you think they are. Link, please.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:32 am
Elfshaman

The Tuatha are not elves they are gods. How dare you insult the Gael's deities.  

Cunning Witch Angus

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:35 am
Namikikyo

Last I checked, You could be 50 and I'll think you're suffering from dementia. But who cares about logic these days, right?

Anyways, I believe it does matter. I've noticed that it's extremely common for people who believe that they are "otherkin" to be in their teens.

And, Yes, I have heard of them. Though, I would like to see proof of what you think they are. Link, please.

Actually, Nam...I know of some "old crones" as they referred to themselves thinking they were fairies. crying And the Tinkerbell, Victorian type, too. It made me die on the inside.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:46 am
Arcanist Angus
Namikikyo

Actually, Nam...I know of some "old crones" as they referred to themselves thinking they were fairies. crying And the Tinkerbell, Victorian type, too. It made me die on the inside.

Lmao, I know it does. I go to a website sometimes where I have to listen to every Grandmother and Pee-pop claim to be an Angel from God and other mythical creatures. One actually claimed to be a powerful witch who was burned alive in Salem.

So I know it hit older folks too, But I still find it more common for teenagers to claim the title "Otherkin".

There are just some things that don't have an age limit. gonk

Namikikyo

Elfshaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:48 pm
So are you saying you don't believe in otherkin at all? if so i still wanna know why you stay on this thread. as for my sources i don't use websites because anytime i've ever tried i can never find any good ones. i mainly use books that i get from various stores in the area. "Celtic Myth and Magick" by Edain McCoy is one that i have. Another is "Oak, Ash and Thorn" by D.J. Conway. Conway also writes "Celtic Magic" which is another book i've read.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:34 pm
Elfshaman
So are you saying you don't believe in otherkin at all? if so i still wanna know why you stay on this thread. as for my sources i don't use websites because anytime i've ever tried i can never find any good ones. i mainly use books that i get from various stores in the area. "Celtic Myth and Magick" by Edain McCoy is one that i have. Another is "Oak, Ash and Thorn" by D.J. Conway. Conway also writes "Celtic Magic" which is another book i've read.

Well, there is your problem right there. Do they call them elves? That is ridiculous. Here is an excellent site on the Tuatha Dé Danann.

I was unnaware that the Gael gave their secrets out to the public.  

Cunning Witch Angus

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:40 pm
Namikikyo

Lmao, I know it does. I go to a website sometimes where I have to listen to every Grandmother and Pee-pop claim to be an Angel from God and other mythical creatures. One actually claimed to be a powerful witch who was burned alive in Salem.

This made me lawl.

Namikikyo
So I know it hit older folks too, But I still find it more common for teenagers to claim the title "Otherkin".

I agree, one must wonder as to why teenagers need to feel this.

Namikikyo
There are just some things that don't have an age limit. gonk

Yes lol  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:45 am
Given that Irish Mythology also has a spear that has to be placed in a river and thrown with your feet into a man's a** in order to work, I don't understand why you guys are so adamant in stopping one guy on the internet from making it "silly".  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Elfshaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:31 am
Arcanist Angus
Elfshaman

Well, there is your problem right there. Do they call them elves? That is ridiculous. Here is an excellent site on the Tuatha Dé Danann.

I was unaware that the Gael gave their secrets out to the public.

your own website backs me up more than you. it doesn't say they were gods. it says that later celtic generations treated them as gods. they lived in faery mounds. the link you've given also says they were a magical people not deities.

i will admit that i may have gotten confused in that i don't beleive the Tuatha were actually elves but rather magical humans or faeries as their home now suggest(faery mounds not elf mounds). so i will admit some falisy on my part for that. but even so they serve the purpose for which i had previously stated which was that from all the stories i've read they behave very similar to my own elven people.  
The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games