Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sculpted - art + craft guild
Introduce Yourself! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IconLizard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:33 pm
Greetings, all. I'm 24 and currently reside in the Memphis, TN area. I'm an illustration graduate from the Memphis College of Art, but I will soon be holding down a career in IT. razz

While I have been involved in the arts for most of my life, I am fairly new to 3 dimensional works. I took a ceramics class in college and hated every minute of it. However, I've recently taught myself to knit, and have lately become interested in sculpting some of my ideas as opposed to painting them. Someday when I get a house instead of renting an apartment, I plan to buy a potter's wheel and a kiln and experiment with throwing clay.

As with my 2D works, my greatest strengths are working with subjects from nature. On the flipside, and probably appropriately, my biggest weakness is wrapping my head around non organic forms.

I don't actually have a site with any 3D work simply because I just started dabbling in it. I find this place to be a good starting point in correcting that problem. I look forward to seeing everyone's artwork and getting some inspiration for my own.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:29 pm
I'm prolly the only one here whos not a teenager (YET! eek ). I'm Beatrix (a.k.a Kiwi), I'm 12 (and almost thirteen!...well, in 6 months... crying years old and I live in the Bronx. I enjoy crafting tiny figurines out of Sculpy (just plain ol' Sculpey. I'm such a child) that are based on my friends personalities. I also do really suckish plushies and take a pottery class at my local Y. I suck at the last two, but I'm getting better.

PM me and comment on my journal. I need to know that someone is out there! stare Other than YOU! Tom Cruise....  

Kiwi Explosion

lobotomi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:14 am

i'm a 18 year old female from finland :D and i'm really new into sculpting. well, not that new, considering i've done some works in clay, haha. but that was some years ago (: i really like to craft, i've been crafting about everything (no, not really) since i don't remember (yes, really. bad memory, bad.) i started crafting because it was (often) the cheapest and more fun way to do things. plus everything was more personalised. school made me sculpt. MMM CLAY. i think i have nice ideas sometimes, but my finishing touch is kindof rusty ._____.''
i don't have any pictures of my sculpting things (they're so old, ha!)
and not so many of my crafts. but if i put something up, it will most likely go to ----> http://www.pasgubbe.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:17 am

Thanks for the invite ^o^ It's got to be a lot of work sorting through the members of the crafter's forum!

I'm 22, from US... I've been crocheting off and on since I was 8, I'm trying to teach myself to knit. -_- Let's not talk about purling. I love everything creative, and I do paper arts with my Mum and grandma. I'm taking ceramics classes at Uni, handbuilding (♥) last semester, and wheel (
    I have a blog where I'm supposed to be posting all my stuff, but I haven't gotten around to it yet... Often the coolest stuff I make is as gifts, and I let them get away without taking a picture. xP

incoherent

Liberal Snowfriend

6,150 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50

BOOMwalla

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:02 pm
Hello all! I'm BOOMwalla(if you don't wanna type all that out, then i guess CJ will do), I'm a highschool freshie from the USA. I started getting into sculpture around last year. I usually work with stonewear or earthenwear, depending on the project. My weakness would be glazing, since sometimes its not very even and my strength would be inspiration, since I don't have that hard of a time thinking of something to do. I'm thinking that I'd like to major in ceramics someday. And if anyone's interested, theres a link to my deviantart page in my profile, I don't have any sculptures up yet, but I'll get around to it. xp  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:22 am
Welcome everyone! Can't wait to see your stuff 4laugh  

Chisa
Captain

SilverVixen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:07 pm
Hi everyone! I'm excited for this guild.

I'm SilverVixen, mostly known as Silver. I'm a friend of Chisa's, she helps me with the Graphic Design Guild.

I'm 25, from Idaho, USA... I'm a graphic designer turned programmer. I've always loved making little crafts and such. I'll have to round up some of my stuff and take some pictures!! smile

I like sculpey and sewing little things. I can't really use a sewing machine, so I like to hand sew. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:29 pm
Good to see you again Silver heart  

Chisa
Captain

2 Be Continued___

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:18 am
Hi, I'm 2 Be Continued___, I'm 20 years old and an art major in California. Mostly I've been a 2-D artist all my life, but I'm always surprised how much fun I have doing crafty and 3-D art. Also, one of my favorite works is a paper-mache Witch Hunter Robin Doll for the Mexican Day of the Dead (a mouthful sweatdrop ). One strength I have is that when I get into a project, I can really get into a project. My weakness is that I have a hard time motivating myself into starting a project. That and my projects all seem lumpy to me confused .
Mm, making plushies and stuff sounds fun though. And considering that I don't have an art class for the first time in 7 years crying , I could use something to do. Let's just hope I can find some time!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:36 pm
Yay, welcome new people biggrin heart heart Don't be shy an' get postin'! wink  

Maimy
Crew

Invisible Rainbows

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:53 pm
Hello. I'm Invisible Rainbows.
You can call me Invisible, Rainbow, Katie, or whatever you want. I have been know to respond to platypus.

I really like working with duct tape, clay, cross stitch, needlepoint, and just about anything.

My favorite thing is learning a new craft. And drawing.

I'm 14, but I'll be 15 this December. I live in Pennsylvania in the U.S.
I'm in 9th grade, and I take honors classes.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:05 pm
new crafts are always fun to learn  

kiersin

Invisible Phantom

10,850 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:59 pm
Yeah, what they said xd Welcome!

@Invisible: duct tape? How do you make things with it? Sounds interesting smile

@2 Be: I'm the same - I think having a background in 2D art and design is quite a help when bringing things into 3D, and probably vice versa 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:35 am
coolios 8D i got invited by Maimy
well... i'm 14 and i like to crochet amigurumi stuffs [is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals - typically cute animals (such as bears, rabbits, cats, dogs, etc.) ]
i also like to make plushies with felt!

you can see my digital arts at my site gallery www.chibified.net

xjessle

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:19 am
Yay, an amigurumi~er! *just found out what amigurumi was* Nice to have you on board, can't wait to see some of your stuff smile  
Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff