Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
9/11/01 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NinJanitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:12 am
s4mgir1v3rsi0n
We were scared for quite awhile that either Toronto would be a target soon after or something closer to the border where I am. There was talk about nukes and stuff.. and if Buffalo or Toronto would have been hit my town would have been screwed, too. Not cool at all. =(

Buffalo, eh?? You must live pretty darn close to me!!! I live pretty much smack dab between B-lo, Niagara Falls, & Olcott. After the attacks, all I could think of was how ideal of a target Niagara Falls would be because of the water & power it supplies. I watched as military planes flew overhead (there's an air base nearby). And then I realized..."hell, what are ya gonna do? Live in fear?? ******** that!!!"

Anyway, my story goes as such...

I was a senior in high school, 17 years old. We were about to switch classes from 2nd to 3rd period when the fire alarm sounded. We all went outside for the fire drill to conclude that period's class. When we came back in, all the tvs in all of our classrooms were tuned into CNN. Since we had to grab our stuff & get to our next class, we were all really confused as to what the hell was going on. I walked into my 3rd period chorus class, and found my teacher glued to the tv practically in tears. He didn't know anyone around NYC, but he felt great empathy for them. He explained what was going on & tried to keep everyone (including himself) calm. We all watched as the 2nd plane crashed into the WTC. He offered to let anyone who needed to use the payphone to go ahead & do so. I remember one of my classmates' relatives were supposed to be on one of the planes, but fortunately wasn't. All I remember beyond that was looking up at the clear blue sky when I'd gotten home from school that day & wondering what will become of this event (WW3???) I also remember trying to get away from the horror stories, but not being able to (as far as tv goes). MTV was covering the event for, like, 3 or 4 days.

I went & visited the site on a trip to NYC iiiiin...2002 I believe. It was quite an eerie feeling...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:43 am
I was around seven, but I remember I was horrified that anyone could do this. Then I learned about the pentagon and that plane that never made it because of the brave people on board-that one touched my heart. It's a sin, ain't it?  

x_Silver_Starlight_x

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Cassiexchan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:18 am
[ I was in 3rd grade, at the time. I don't think I heard about it that day until I got home, and my mom saw it on the news and freaked out. I didn't understand why at the time, but now I do.

I don't THINK we heard about it at school, strangely enough. Or maybe I was too little to remember that. Either way, it's a shame.
]  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:25 am
RandyMan92
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I was in, 4th grade I think? Maybe 5th, I'm not sure. But I had just woken up, and I turned on the TV before school, and I was clickin' through the channels, annoyed that these burning buildings were everywhere on every channel! It's just burning buildings, I thought. But then I saw the Pentagon had been hit, and I knew that -that- was bad. So I listened to the other channels and figured it out before we got to school.

At school, me and the teacher had to explain to all the kids there. It wasn't the brightest neighborhood, I'll tell ya that.
RandyMan92
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pimp Chickan G

himura^-^x

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:31 am
this was a terrible date.
I was at school at the moment, here in Brazil, and I couldnt' believe when my mother phone me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:51 am
We had just started 8th grade...it was the second day of school for me.

Our normal school started at 9:15 am, but me and my friend Paula went to another school early in the morning for a tougher math class, so I met up at her house at 7:20 or something. Her mom was watching the news about one of the buildings being hit, but me and Paula brushed it off, we weren't too sure whether to believe it.

While at the first school, none of the students or teachers mentioned anything, so we assumed it was nothing. But then again, they all woke up so early, there's no way they could have found out unless the school administrators said something.

When we arrived at our normal school, our English teacher was crying and the TV in our class was on...we watched the second building fall and the teacher was calling her son's cell phone frantically because apparently he was near the Pentagon. Thankfully, he was okay.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Relax...

Skarlis

Melodious Conversationalist

Epic Flawless

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:57 am
I was just watching a documentary about 9/11 a few days ago. It's so sad. crying  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:40 am
I remember what I was doing when I found out too.
I was waiting for my mom to pick me up so I could go to a field hockey game.
When she picked me up she said it wasn't going to happen, and when she told me why, I was so pissed off.
More pissed that I was going to miss the game than anything.

& One of the potential targets of terrorists is not that far from my house.
In fact, planes from the air base fly over my house on a daily basis.
When I found that out, I was really freaked out.

I really didn't remember it was the 11th today though. sweatdrop

x3 thisismysn x3

Teh Fruit Booter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:14 am
I was in 1st or 2nd grade so i dont remember much  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:15 pm
Yeah, I was 10 at the time. 4th Grade.
I remember, a couple of my classmates had left school early, and one of their reasonings was just 'Some planes hit a building'. No one really knew what was going on, and the teachers didn't tell anyone.
Then my mom came and picked me up after school, which was very odd, cause I always went home on my own.
She started crying and told me that the twin towers and WTC fell.
At the time, I barely knew what they were, so it didn't faze me till later after I got a full explanation of everything.
The next day I remember everyone talking about it in school, saying they hoped no one was going to bomb Chicago, cause you know, that's where I live. They were talking about how they evacuated the Sears Tower and buildings surrounding.
In the long run, my mom's pay check decreased and my step dad got laid off.
To this day he still has no job. >.>

Lyyyke_OMG-

eshmekeh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:40 pm
God Bless America  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:00 pm
...darkness engulfed the land...

I was in the 5th grade. A teacher came into my class telling my teacher to turn the tv to cnn. All of us were kinda confused, we didn't really get what was goin on. We watched the towers fall and I remember I was the first to notice they hit the pentagon and no one believed me til they saw it. It was pretty sad.

...and light became a distant memory...

ShadeLurker

Invisible Hunter

Xyloid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:19 pm
I was in first period Language Arts with Mrs. Kosiba (who is crazy.)

The vice principal came in and took her into the hallway. She turned the tv on when she came back in. She turned it on literally 15 seconds before the second plane flew into the building.

Being 13 and in the 8th grade, we didn't understand the significance of it. But as the day wore on we knew something was really wrong because our school was about 10 miles from the nation's second largest military base. A lot of kids parents worked there and the base was on full lock down. There were planes flying over all the time from the base and the jets kept breaking the sound barrier. It sounded so much like gunshots.

God, we were terrified.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:46 pm
I live in NY, so it was really crazy there. Parents were in the schools, frantic. People were crying, we hardly had any clue as to what was going on. It was horrible.

What was even more horrible, was how our principal handled the situation.

her exact words were,

"OMG THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END, PLANES CRASHED INTO THE TWIN TOWERS, STATEN ISLAND WILL DESCEND UPON OUR HEADS."

no joke.

t o a s t s t i x

Kiwi Cow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:48 pm
Ryyyaaaannn
I was in 1st or 2nd grade so i dont remember much
Lol same here me and ryan where like 7 or 8  
[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash