Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Avid Readers Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do YOU like to read?
  Whadya say? -reluctantly turns away from book-
  Pish, I'm too cool to read. -gets smacked by the smart people-
View Results

MissusDolly

4,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:06 pm
User Image
Friends walk in and out of our lives....

I absolutely love to read. I'm always bugging my librarian about any new books, getting new books, etc. ^^
Currently reading New Moon. I absolutely enjoyed Twilight.
They say my reading level is about college level.

Some of the books I've read:
All 7 Harry Potter books- 11 days it was awesome User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Lord of The Rings series +The Hobbit- Absolute favorite books of all time ^^ Tolkien is so awesome ^o^
Immortal Series- I loved it ^^
His Dark Materials series- I really enjoyed it ^^
Inkworld Trilogy- Loved it! (waiting for third)
Twilight Series- Absolutely love it currently on 2nd.
Stravaganza Series- Really good smile
Dear America- I love them ^^
A Modern Faerie Tale series- Loved them!
And lots more XD

I recommend all the books I named, they are all fantasy because that is all I read, but the A Modern Faerie Tale series should only be read by mature readers, it is full of profanity. And erm yeah, but just some have some creepy things written in it O.o But still I loved them all ^^

....but true friends leave footprints on our hearts.
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:24 pm
I like reading, but I have this issue, if I put down the book, I can't pick it back up for the life of me. xP

So, right, Last book I read was Interview With a Vampire and I was reading it and reading it, and so on....and I got to that half way point in the book and was all 'Okay, I guess I'll go get something to eat'.
I swear to god, I haven't picked it back up in 3 months.
sweatdrop

Lyyyke_OMG-

Liquid Muffin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:28 pm
Skarlis
I LOVE the Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series [each book has a horrendously long title, so they're pretty much called that] and the Earth's Children series...I'm more for realistic fiction, and these specific books I can't put down. I also love Ella Minnow Pea and Flowers For Algernon. n.n <33333
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I love those books. xD I like how they're set up; like with the day, and then time bolded. [the Confessions of Georgia Nicolson books]

And of course, the Twilight books are awesome. <3
I've read the Anne series and the Emily books by L.M. Montgomery. :] Those are good too.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:33 pm
Deathly Hallows was the best book I have ever read. Im starting to read the Stephanie Meyer books now that I'm over potter. Does anyone here read the forgotten Realms, Dark elf series?  

Chase Rain

Coquilles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:42 pm
Dance with me below crystal knives...
I'm only reading A Clash of Kings at the moment by George R.R. Martin. It's really good : D

I sort of want to read the twilight series since I know a lot of people like it.

Also, I really want to read this book called Morning Star by Jade Falconer but I'm not sure where I would buy it. xD I think I might have to order online.. maybe I'll ask for it for Christmas. I know it's going to have some hot man/man sex scenes in it [ttly awesome right?] but I'm not sure what my parents would say xD

I guess I just won't tell them ninja
...We'll dance in fear of our own lives.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:38 pm
Chase Rain
Deathly Hallows was the best book I have ever read. Im starting to read the Stephanie Meyer books now that I'm over potter. Does anyone here read the forgotten Realms, Dark elf series?

The one with Drizzt? That's the series I'm in the middle of right now, thanks to a friend getting me completely hooked on it. It's sucked up the last of my money and I'm only on Passage to Dawn gonk

My favourite book series has to be the Temeraire series by Naomi Novik. I love everything about it (and the fourth book is finally going to come out soonish whee ). The story pretty much revolves around William Laurence, a well respected ship captain of Britain's Navy, who captures a French frigate carrying a dragon egg which is near hatching. One thing leads to another and Laurence ends up Harnessing the dragonet. Oh, and the story is based during the Napolen War, but with dragons. A strange combo, but Novik has meshed the two seamlessly.

I'll mention more books I have enjoyed when I have more time.  

Zephire

[Noi]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:45 pm
Yew all would enjoy Tsukihime, a visual novel by Type-Moon.

More than 5000 pages of text, yo.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:25 am
I LOVE to read. I LOVE the Twilight series. I LOVE Anne Rice's vampire series. I LOVE all books.  

Dainichi Kiaki

Lady Dionish

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:58 pm
Teh Pure
After THAT I'm either going to finish the thirteenth Series of Unfortunate Events book or the seventh Pendragon book.

Yes! Another Pendragon reader! blaugh A lot of people don't seem to know about the series. I think the last one I read is The Rivers of Zadaa, but I want to read the newer ones eventually 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:13 pm
Lady Dionish
Teh Pure
After THAT I'm either going to finish the thirteenth Series of Unfortunate Events book or the seventh Pendragon book.

Yes! Another Pendragon reader! blaugh A lot of people don't seem to know about the series. I think the last one I read is The Rivers of Zadaa, but I want to read the newer ones eventually 3nodding
User Image

`Yeah, I finished Rivers of Zadaa, and I stopped on page 137 of The Quillan Games. :3

And you know, while I was reading it I thought it was so HUGE, but now that I just pulled it off my shelf and compared it to HP & The Deathly Hallows, it's so teeny! ;~; I think I'm gonna read it before Series of Unfortunate Events. 3nodding

Teh Pure

Teh Pure

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:16 pm
Dainichi Kiaki
I LOVE to read. I LOVE the Twilight series. I LOVE Anne Rice's vampire series. I LOVE all books.

User Image

`Interview with the Vampire is awesome, so I know I'm going to be finishing the series. 3nodding

And everyone says the Twilight series is so good, when I've never even heard of it! I'm definitely going to have to check Books-A-Million the next time I go. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:22 pm
Mystic Shadow on Pink
I like reading, but I have this issue, if I put down the book, I can't pick it back up for the life of me. xP

So, right, Last book I read was Interview With a Vampire and I was reading it and reading it, and so on....and I got to that half way point in the book and was all 'Okay, I guess I'll go get something to eat'.
I swear to god, I haven't picked it back up in 3 months.
sweatdrop

User Image
`OH I KNOW.
I started reading Interview toward the end of last school year, and I had to return it to the library because it was, well, the end of the year. So I went to Books-A-Million and bought it, but I just couldn't start reading it again. =/ I started reading it again when this school year started, and now I can't put it down. :3

Teh Pure

NejiShikaItalover92

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:05 pm
Yeah I'm trying to get the Anne Rice books, they sound good, especially the vampires. And Twilight, I LOVE that series. I just met the author two days ago!! She's so nice, she actually started a short conversation with me, (she said I should be a model ^_^). Unlike the people who just sign the book or whatever and go to the next person.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:12 pm
The InkHeart Triliogy. BEST. EVER.  

KR0NiiCALLY KRiiSTEN

Kuromi Charm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:57 am
Books! <3

Confessions of a Shopaholic anyone? xD

[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash