Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Layout Contest over - RAINE DRAGON IS THE WINNER! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which is your favourite layout for the upcoming guild website?
1 - by Raine Dragon
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
2 - by Chisa
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
3 - by Darkshrimp
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
4 - by Panther Nightwind
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
5 - by Raine Dragon
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
6 - by Silver Vixen
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 19

Raine Dragon

Sparkling Dragon

18,890 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:48 am
Hizzahn
I do like Raine Dragon's layout but iframes don't show up too well on non-IE browsers. If it were done with div tags instead it wouldn't have several scrollbars.

you still have the same number of scroll bars with div layers sweatdrop I just needed to export the graphic at a smaller size from the vecotor program, then it would fit better on the screen and you would loose the main scrollbars on the right and bottom of the main page. I used iframes because they are quicker to edit, and it will all load faster. With div layers the user has to reload all of the images everytime they click a link and if the site owner wants to change something in the navigation, then they have to do it over and over whee I guess it's just personal preferance, but like she said, codeing can be changed later ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:50 am
Ookay, so the voting is over... and there is a tie. Um... so yeah, voting is extended to 20th December and hopefully we'll have a definite winner by then. If not um... well, I'll think of something by then.

*cougheveryonechecktheannouncementtobecomeamodcough*  

Chisa
Vice Captain

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:21 am
WE HAVE A WINNER!*Yayyy woooo applause*

The winning entry is:
5 - by Raine Dragon

Hooray! Raine Dragon, I'll send you your prize soon xd  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:46 am
Raine Dragon

you still have the same number of scroll bars with div layers sweatdrop I just needed to export the graphic at a smaller size from the vecotor program, then it would fit better on the screen and you would loose the main scrollbars on the right and bottom of the main page. I used iframes because they are quicker to edit, and it will all load faster. With div layers the user has to reload all of the images everytime they click a link and if the site owner wants to change something in the navigation, then they have to do it over and over whee I guess it's just personal preferance, but like she said, codeing can be changed later ^_^

eh... it depends on how you code it, there's some css that can get rid of the scroll bar on the side [even if there's technically no scroll bar to get rid of], and with shtml you'd still only need to change the stuff once. except not all hosts allow shtml, so... maybe not. stressed

anyway, congratulations on winning 3nodding  

Caolfhionn

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:50 am
At the web design place that I'm doing work experience, they don't use iframes because the content wont come up in search engines, which can obviously be annoying for businesses because they'll get less hits through search engines. Loading time isn't reeeally much of an issue, since the images and stuff are cached (I think). It is a bit annoying for editing if there is a huge amount of pages, but if all the styling is done in a linked stylesheet, its not too bad.

For this site, I'd say we don't really need iframes for Member of the Month and the navigation parts since they'll be the same on each page, and shouldnt really need scrolling. The main content page could be an iframe, with the extra scrollbar removed?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:52 am
Chisa
WE HAVE A WINNER!*Yayyy woooo applause*

The winning entry is:
5 - by Raine Dragon

Hooray! Raine Dragon, I'll send you your prize soon xd

*faints* eek Thank you so much everyone ^___^  

Raine Dragon

Sparkling Dragon

18,890 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Raine Dragon

Sparkling Dragon

18,890 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:54 am
Chisa
At the web design place that I'm doing work experience, they don't use iframes because the content wont come up in search engines, which can obviously be annoying for businesses because they'll get less hits through search engines. Loading time isn't reeeally much of an issue, since the images and stuff are cached (I think). It is a bit annoying for editing if there is a huge amount of pages, but if all the styling is done in a linked stylesheet, its not too bad.

For this site, I'd say we don't really need iframes for Member of the Month and the navigation parts since they'll be the same on each page, and shouldnt really need scrolling. The main content page could be an iframe, with the extra scrollbar removed?

oh yeah sweatdrop I didn't even think about search engines... that sounds like it would work well ^_^ sinces as you said, the navigation and member of the month won't change that much....  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:48 pm
Good job Raine Dragon!! Congrats on winning.

Everyone did so great! I'm glad people got involved in this.

Now we gotta do Christmas cards.... hmmm....  

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas