Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
State Senator Sues God Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:32 am
Sanguvixen
Baron von Turkeypants
Sanguvixen
Wow, this is kind of funny.
I really think that there is a line between what makes an acceptable lawsuit and what is on the edge of frivious, rediculous, and insane. People cross that line way too often.
People are just too sue happy. I think closing off the courts to certain kinds of frivious lawsuits might alleviate that. I mean, when the whole "That fast food resturant made me fat" came about, it should have been thrown out of the court due to the stupidity of the person who got fat eating unhealthy food.
It'll interesting to see how that lawsuit against god turns out. If anything it might be a really good laugh. Who'se going to defend God? Is he going to be held incontempt for not showing up?
You won't have eyes tonight. You won't have ears or a tongue; you will wander the underworld blind, deaf and dumb...

The point of the lawsuit is to challenge a proposed law that would make it illegal to file "frivolous" lawsuits.

...and all the dead will know: this is Hector, fool who thought he killed Achilles.

Stop, you are confusing me!
When you stop to think, how do you define "Frivolous Lawsuit" though? I mean...it's one of those things that is up to interphretation.
You won't have eyes tonight. You won't have ears or a tongue; you will wander the underworld blind, deaf and dumb...

I duno, I haven't read the text of the bill.

...and all the dead will know: this is Hector, fool who thought he killed Achilles.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:19 pm
AnonymouZ
Jesus ******** christ on a stick.... he's gonna be eaten alive!

(note it's hick nebraska... and yes, i do live here in omaha nebraska... so i know how bad "the situation" is)

Hey, Nebraska may be a hick state, but Omaha isn't a hick city. We've got a few million people, a permanent gig as the host of a college sport championship, a few low-level professional sports teams, the best goddamn zoo ever (I don't care who has more animals, our zoo can rock the Houston and San Diego zoos because our exhibits are much cooler), and a cultured, cosmopolitan downtown area.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm from Omaha, too. sweatdrop  

reverie0312

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:17 pm

wuteva, it can't hold a candle to SF and Oakland zoos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:55 pm
Baron von Turkeypants

wuteva, it can't hold a candle to SF and Oakland zoos

Never been to either, but that's highly unlikely.  

reverie0312

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:27 pm

If by unlikely you mean likely, then yes. Yes it is.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:21 pm
Well, Conor Oberst, who's definitely not a hick, hillbilly or Bible Thumper, grew up around Omaha.  

Theophrastus

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:19 pm
God has replied. Twice. lollerblades

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/09/20/suing.god.ap/index.html  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:45 pm
Theophrastus

I, for one, welcome our new omniscient overLord.

Baron von Turkeypants

CzarLyrus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:24 pm
I the Flying Spaghetti Monster is laughing very hard. I am.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:57 am
CzarLyrus
I the Flying Spaghetti Monster is laughing very hard. I am.

I'm certain the Pink Unicorn Goddess Malina is having her fair share of laughs from within the saftey of the Sun.

Sanguvixen

Dom is Dom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:59 am
Theophrastus

Wow. Next thing we know, the almighty will have a late night talk show where he interviews guests such as Mohammed and St. Peter.

Perhaps we could get Paul Shafer to do the band for God, too.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:11 am

Paul Shafer is a good musician!

Baron von Turkeypants

AnonymouZ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:22 am
Fairyfly
AnonymouZ
Jesus ******** christ on a stick.... he's gonna be eaten alive!

(note it's hick nebraska... and yes, i do live here in omaha nebraska... so i know how bad "the situation" is)

Hey, Nebraska may be a hick state, but Omaha isn't a hick city. We've got a few million people, a permanent gig as the host of a college sport championship, a few low-level professional sports teams, the best goddamn zoo ever (I don't care who has more animals, our zoo can rock the Houston and San Diego zoos because our exhibits are much cooler), and a cultured, cosmopolitan downtown area.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm from Omaha, too. sweatdrop

Yeah... but you're forgetting the north side, affut AFB and little mexico, among other things that make it VERY difficult to be a cosmopolitan ANYTHING outside of those few blocks that are called downtown.

However... i can't really say nothing about the Zoo. I've only been there once. And even tho it was winter, it was kinda cool. Then again, I'm not a Zoo person so... whatever.

Back to the topic tho. DOOD. I didn't expect a response at all. But now i see it's them retarded dudes trying to make up for their sorry excuse for god. Oh, how desperate must they be.

Also, that kind of response SHOULD trigger at least a few other responses from the deities that you guys mention. That is... if the rest of the atheists/heathens are paying attention.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:23 pm
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but apparently someone, or something, has replied to the case, on behalf. or by, the defendant.
God Replies

Levis Pennae

Dapper Citizen

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:32 pm
Levis Pennae
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but apparently someone, or something, has replied to the case, on behalf. or by, the defendant.
God Replies

23 hours late (from my post). Know what's funny, though? It's more likely that people will realize that you posted it than I cuz yours is closer to the end of the thread. wink

Regarding the Paul Schafer comments I have this: "St. Peter's tie, St. Peter's tie, cuz St. Peter's tha guuuyyyyyyy!"  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff