Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)
How to create servitors Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:41 pm
Arcanist Angus
erinnightwalker
on a bit of a tangent-y thing.....
did you know that there is a ritual to contact a nuclear elemental floating around the internet?

Was it under a chaos magic site? I find those magicians have the most interesting rituals. I love them. It's exactly what I have been looking for, I just don't do the whole paradigm shift thing.

yep it was smile are you having problems shifting your paradigm or does it just not click for you?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:02 am
To wonder on a fact, I don't think Iv ever heard of a servitor with an expiration date so to speak.'
Beside the only thing Iv seen physically related with any servitors was only a few pages and design sheets.

But I do understand the apparent need for such a aspect made into the design. But what if the servitor cannot fully complete the task as designed or if the amount of time given is not sufficient?

The design I had seen was created with a metallic structure and very intricate inner moving parts.
Maybe its all a type of built in obsolescence?  

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200

xxSeikoxx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:18 pm
I recently made one, and i can't see it. Is this a normal thing to happen or what? I feel a little light-headed as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:02 am
xxSeikoxx
I recently made one, and i can't see it. Is this a normal thing to happen or what? I feel a little light-headed as well.

Well, I don't normally see servitors so I think you're ok. The lightheadedness could be from the working itself, or you could just be unused to the extra energy drain from it. Where/what is it's "power source"?  

erinnightwalker

xxSeikoxx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:29 pm
erinnightwalker
xxSeikoxx

Well, I don't normally see servitors so I think you're ok. The lightheadedness could be from the working itself, or you could just be unused to the extra energy drain from it. Where/what is it's "power source"?

My energy eek Well i don't think i've completed it enough. My servitor is designed to make me happy at depressed times cry  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:29 pm
xxSeikoxx
erinnightwalker
xxSeikoxx

My energy eek Well i don't think i've completed it enough. My servitor is designed to make me happy at depressed times cry

Then you are probably feeling lightheaded (barring normal causes such as low blood sugar and spinning around in circles for a while) because the servitor is using your energy to operate and you aren't used to the extra drain. Without knowing how you set up your servitor, I can only theorize of course.  

erinnightwalker

xxSeikoxx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:20 am
erinnightwalker
xxSeikoxx
erinnightwalker
xxSeikoxx

Then you are probably feeling lightheaded (barring normal causes such as low blood sugar and spinning around in circles for a while) because the servitor is using your energy to operate and you aren't used to the extra drain. Without knowing how you set up your servitor, I can only theorize of course.

I think i didn't set it up right, I just got out a piece of paper and wrote down.
Name:
Appearance:
Duty:
Expiration:
and used my mind energy to make up the servitor.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:30 pm
xxSeikoxx

I think i didn't set it up right, I just got out a piece of paper and wrote down.
Name:
Appearance:
Duty:
Expiration:

Well, that could explain a lot. If you don't give it a way to carry out its function, it wastes energy (draining out of your resources) trying to find a way on its own. Even a simple idea, like eating your depression and excreting happiness, while a tad weird, gives it a way to do its intended job.

The way I would set mine up (as an example), would be like this.

Name- Happy Pants

Appearance- white unicorn with long hair and a rainbow horn

Duty- eat the depression and make it happiness instead

Mechanism- depression is envisioned as creeping twining dead-looking bermuda grass (which can be a evil little weed). Happy Pants eats this, rooting up and devouring every last bit of depression. He then poops rainbows of happiness which make the dirt bear good things again. There are a few levels of symbolism here, but the most important one is that it is goofy. You are invoking a unicorn to crap happiness all over you. It makes you laugh, which can help depression on its own. Invocation would probably run something like "Happy Pants, Happy Pants, I call to thee, Happy Pants oh Happy Pants please poop some rainbows for me." Try saying that without a giggle.

Expiration date- whenever I choose

As you see, this is fairly solid. The servitor has clear directions, clear channels for it to work through, and doesn't have to waste energy to figure out how to get from point a to point b. It may sound like a weird servitor, but it would work. Make any sense?  

erinnightwalker

xxSeikoxx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:58 pm
erinnightwalker
xxSeikoxx

Name:
Appearance:
Duty:
Expiration:

Well, that could explain a lot. If you don't give it a way to carry out its function, it wastes energy (draining out of your resources) trying to find a way on its own. Even a simple idea, like eating your depression and excreting happiness, while a tad weird, gives it a way to do its intended job.

Name- Happy Pants

Mechanism- depression is envisioned as creeping twining dead-looking bermuda grass (which can be a evil little weed). Happy Pants eats this, rooting up and devouring every last bit of depression. He then poops rainbows of happiness which make the dirt bear good things again. There are a few levels of symbolism here, but the most important one is that it is goofy. You are invoking a unicorn to crap happiness all over you. It makes you laugh, which can help depression on its own. Invocation would probably run something like "Happy Pants, Happy Pants, I call to thee, Happy Pants oh Happy Pants please poop some rainbows for me." Try saying that without a giggle.

As you see, this is fairly solid. The servitor has clear directions, clear channels for it to work through, and doesn't have to waste energy to figure out how to get from point a to point b. It may sound like a weird servitor, but it would work. Make any sense?

That's a great servitor! How would you know if your Servitor is there or not though?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:13 pm
xxSeikoxx
erinnightwalker
xxSeikoxx

Name:
Appearance:
Duty:
Expiration:

Name- Happy Pants

That's a great servitor! How would you know if your Servitor is there or not though?

Depends on the person. I'm not very sensitive to energies or spirits at all, so I work mostly by faith, and by results. Do i feel better/have a positive change in the area the servitor was supposed to help in? Then its working. Since I can't sense the servitor directly, I work by secondary sources of info. If you can sense energies well, you may not need to rely on secondary sources.  

erinnightwalker

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:45 pm
Luciferin Bandit
in 7 months, when my girlfried turns 18, we are going to get an apartment together. I have to wait until then, or her parents will nab me for kidnapping (I am 19. and they are dicks).

That means I have 7 months to get another job, and be financially stable enough to take care of us both.

I am thinking about creating a servitor to help me out. I'm a servitor n00b. Any pointers that aren't mentioned here yet?

Are you a serious person, or more of a goofy person? (it impacts later designing)

Do you want the servitor to find you money, get you a job, or both? Do you have an apartment in mind already?

How invested in this servitor do you want to be? Do you want it to be imaginary friend status or something that does what you want and nothing more? How long do you want it to run?

If at any time you want to have this be private, just PM me ^_^ Otherwise I'll leave it up for others to gain inspiration from.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:06 pm
Luciferin Bandit

I switch from serious to goofy, depending on my mood. I am usually pretty serious. I am especially serious about this.

I would like for it to help me find some extra money, which would include helping me find a better job.

I would be pretty invested in it. But i am not looking to make a friend. I have a goal in mind, and I simply want to reach it.

Do you have an idea of how you want it to work, or do you have no idea yet? For example, it could be a super dog sniffing out money for you (goofy) or a ball of energy bringing you opportunities. As long as you have a strong visualization and a well-defined mechanism for the servitor to work, the possibilities are endless.  

erinnightwalker

Little Mothling

Feral Fairy

8,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:29 pm
Do you think it may be possible to make one that you can use more than once?
Say the servitor finishes the task (and it's NOT feeding primarily from your energy) - couldn't you relieve it of the finished burden, and allow it to rest until you need it for a different task, and then employ it again?
Unless you are in need of more than one at a time, couldn't you just have one "main", sort of like a Head servant? It just seems to me that if the servitors main source of power isn't one's energy and that it can be maintained in a different, healthy manner for the practitioner,
then it would be a waste to create one and destroy it soon after.
I would rather create one that I could employ once more in the future, after a task has been overcome.

I'm thinking of making a doll or a poppet of the servitor and bonding it's spirit into that, then "feeding" it primarily with offerings and the like.

The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games